Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do prefer DRIKIG beer from cans or bottles?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Do prefer DRIKIG beer from cans or bottles? 33 votes

Cans
45%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverwhlinderHuskyJWbiak1PurpleThrobberhaiePurple_PillsseatownfunkhuskyhooliganPitchfork51YellowSnowBleachedAnusDawgLesGrossmanbooker14Fishpo31 15 votes
Bottles
54%
Fire_Marshall_BillSwayePurpleBazeRoadDawg55YouKnowItchuckBad_MotherDuckerspudenLebamDawgWilliams3Doog_de_JourEl_KdannarcJoeEDangerouslySECDAWGcoronabruinTXDawgTruth_Magnum 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cans

Beer?

Yes.

Nothing changed with me. I like beer in a can.

• Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bottles
    Cans are poor people shit. #DryJanuary
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cans

Not much of anything good, beer-wise, comes in a bottle outside of the barrel-aged stuff.

FWIW, I pour my beer in a glass like a sophisticated person. Superior culture.

Yeah, seems like the only types left you gotta get from the bottles are barrel aged and high end Euro trash stuff- e.g., Begian sours or Trappist Ales.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    Cans
    pretentious fucks!
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cans
    I used to think cans were ghetto, but now it all goes in a frosted glass…
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cans
    I will state that use of a “coozie” with cans or bottles is over the fucking line in my house. We have friends that always serve beer Coozied, regardless of temperature, and it grinds my gears. I refuse them, and the wife once asked about it…”If you can’t drink it before it gets warm, don’t drink it”…
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bottles
    I turn the first empty into a spitter. Cans aren't with a shit to spit in.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cans
    chuck said:

Nasty habit Chaz.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cans

In a glass. You have to live in a complete shit hole to not be able trip over a few microbreweries when out and about. Whether from keg, growler, or crowler, I am drinking out of a frosted glass. Unless it’s Yuengling as I’ll drink that stuff out of can, bottle, glass, and them some.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bottles

chuck said:

Nasty habit Chaz.
    Bottles also work as fish whackers in the boat.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cans

In a glass. You have to live in a complete shit hole to not be able trip over a few microbreweries when out and about. Whether from keg, growler, or crowler, I am drinking out of a frosted glass. Unless it’s Yuengling as I’ll drink that stuff out of can, bottle, glass, and them some.
    The pole isn’t about what you do with the beer after the container is opened. You can pour the can or bottle of beer in a glass.

Draft beer isn’t on the pole as it would win by a country mile.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cans

The pole isn’t about what you do with the beer after the container is opened. You can pour the can or bottle of beer in a glass.

Growler or crowler is the most typical way beer ends up home with me. It’s a crowler tonight as I wasn’t planning on beer tonight, so I left my insulated growler at home.

These days the original question has been blurred due to the massive diversity in beer producers and their preferred packaging style. When I was a kid, there did seem to be an elitist preference towards bottles, but with the rise of microbreweries, the tide has shifted due to the premium preservation characteristics of the can vs. a translucent bottle. If I was still consuming beer the old way, I’d do cans over bottles due to disposal. I can no longer recycle glass via my municipal waste disposal service, so cans are more cheaper as I get charged more for trash than I do recycling.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bottles

I can no longer recycle glass via my municipal waste disposal service, so cans are more cheaper as I get charged more for trash than I do recycling.
    I voted though I probably like cans better when I think about it. They're lighter and less noisy. I do like drinking from a bottle over a can though.

Recycling cans and bottles in the 10cent deposit zone can be as simple as putting them on the curb with a free sign.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,107
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    Bottles
    Rainier is better in a bottle but I never get them. Coors Light and Original I have no preference, I enjoy them either way, all the time. Found Busch in a bottle in Nevada and it was delicious. Rolling Rock in a bottle was amazing before they sold out to Anheiser Busch. I still get cans though because they’re easier to dispose.