Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do prefer DRIKIG beer from cans or bottles?

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bottles

There's also the safety issue of outdoor recreational drinking with glass bottles. Seeing busted glass in the great outdoors really chaps my ass.

When my Dad was still alive I regularly went on sand dune camping trips with him and the rest of my tuff, quad riding logger family. Environmentally responsible disposal of bottles and cans consisted of throwing them in the fire pit. Some of the cans would disappear into vapor but most just stayed there. I figured that the bottles would at least break down over time and go back to sand.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Cans

One if the biggest factors for me is ease of storage. My garage is packed to the brim as it is with 2 SUVs and gear so no room for separate beer bridge. The main fridge is already crammed dealing with the needs of a family of 4. 12 oz cans are a far more efficient use of space than 12 oz bottles.

There's also the safety issue of outdoor recreational drinking with glass bottles. Seeing busted glass in the great outdoors really chaps my ass.

I prefer my Banquets in a can for the same reasons you listed.

Cans are lighter and fit better in my beer fridge; don’t make a huge racquet when I’m dumping them in the recycling bin; and they’re safer in the pool and hot tub. Safety first. Beer always.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    Bottles

Bottles can be used as weapons. Advantage bottles.

You can't shot gun a bottle. Advantage cans.

False. Google it. People forget I’m a former frat guy.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No preference. Only care what's in it. Some of my favorites are in cans, some bottles.
  • Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,310
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bottles
    LebamDawg said:

Mickey's does not come in a can

Fucking hand grenades! Worst night of my drinking life started with century club using Mickey’s 40s and ended with shots of Ouzo
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Bottles

Beer?

Beer? Yes, beer…

Speaking for myself, there’s a time for beer and a time for “cans and bottles” with beer….

If I’m on the dirtpusher or putting out catfish lines in the river or boiling crawfish, I’m drinking “beer”…

Now, on a tractor, river boat, coming in from 100 miles south on a center console with trips? Can…

If I’m kicked back on the island or cooking some of this shit? Perhaps the bottle of beer.

When I get done with all of it? Glass of something and it ain’t beer. A “nightcap”..
  • Options
    Bottles
    SECDAWG said:

Beer?

Beer? Yes, beer…

Speaking for myself, there’s a time for beer and a time for “cans and bottles” with beer….

If I’m on the dirtpusher or putting out catfish lines in the river or boiling crawfish, I’m drinking “beer”…usually many of “canned” beer..(and I’ll save you the drama, Busch beer! Ha)

Now, on a tractor, river boat, coming in from 100 miles south on a center console with trips? Can…

If I’m kicked back on the island or cooking some of this shit? Perhaps the bottle of beer.

When I get done with all of it? Glass of something and it ain’t beer. A “nightcap”..
  • Options
    Bottles
    Pretty kewl can’t delete nothing someone types here…(not). Not fkn cool
    At all.

Guess that’s why one has to type

“Delete “…
  • Options
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club
    Cans
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

Beer?

Beer? Yes, beer…

If I’m on the dirtpusher or putting out catfish lines in the river or boiling crawfish, I’m drinking “beer”…usually many of “canned” beer..(and I’ll save you the drama, Busch beer! Ha)

Delete
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Cans
    My first assignment out of basic training was Korea and I remember buying a can of Budweiser for a buck out of the vending machine in the barracks.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    SECDAWG said:

Pretty kewl can’t delete nothing someone types here…(not). Not fkn cool
    At all.

Guess that’s why one has to type

“Delete “…

• Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    Founders Club
    Bottles
    Cans are reserved for games, tailgates, river floats, the beach, and lakes. Otherwise, everything tastes worse coming out of a can.