Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Road games 2023. What games are you thinking of attending?

13»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,886 Founders Club

Canadawg said:

Of the scheduled road games in 2023, what games are you thinking of attending?

Right now I am in for sure for Michigan State and USC.

For Michigan State I plan on flying into Chicago to see the White Sox beforehand and Cubs afterward. Still contemplating doing a circuit of Lake Michigan.

And USC because I never have been to the Coliseum.

If Seahawks are in Arizona the same weekend as the Huskies, that would be a third game I would strongly consider.

For me, the LA Coliseum was meh, which was surprising because I was looking forward to it with all the history and everything.
    Interesting. Care to expand?
    When I visited Yankee Stadium, it was everything I thought it would be. I loved it. When I visited the LA Coliseum, it was just a large stadium. I didn't get wowed over it. I know that's not much of explanation but that's about it
    Baseball stadiums have more mystique. I saw a game at Lambeau field, it didn't send shivers down my spine.

Rose Bowl gave me the feels
    Sun Devil Stadium is great
    Reser Stadium has that small college town vibe going on which I like
    Memorial Stadium in Berkeley was enjoyable when I went there but WoolleyDoog says its now a dump
    Stanford Stadium was beautiful with an amazing campus but as we all know a sterile football environment

I haven't been to Pullman, Utah or Tucson
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,853 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

For Michigan State I plan on flying into Chicago to see the White Sox beforehand and Cubs afterward. Still contemplating doing a circuit of Lake Michigan.

If Seahawks are in Arizona the same weekend as the Huskies, that would be a third game I would strongly consider.

For me, the LA Coliseum was meh, which was surprising because I was looking forward to it with all the history and everything.
    When I visited Yankee Stadium, it was everything I thought it would be. I loved it. When I visited the LA Coliseum, it was just a large stadium. I didn't get wowed over it. I know that's not much of explanation but that's about it
    Baseball stadiums have more mystique. I saw a game at Lambeau field, it didn't send shivers down my spine.

Memorial Stadium in Berkeley was enjoyable when I went there but WoolleyDoog says its now a dump
    Stanford Stadium was beautiful with an amazing campus but as we all know a sterile football environment

If you've been to any high school stadium, just picture it about three or four times larger and it's basically Pullman.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,655
    TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

If you've been to any high school stadium, just picture it about three or four times larger and it's basically Pullman.
    I have been to HS stadiums in Oklahoma that hold over 10,000 and are almost assuredly much nicer than Pullman.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,180 Founders Club
    dnc said:

TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

I have been to HS stadiums in Oklahoma that hold over 10,000 and are almost assuredly much nicer than Pullman.
    Me too
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,686 Founders Club
    I walked by Martin Stadium about 25 years ago and thought, "This is a cheap high school stadium in Texas with aluminum benches."
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,045
    I rank Pullman ahead of Corvallis.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I'm almost assuredly going to Sparty - will likely turn that into a golf trip

Would like to do USC because of the historical significance of the rivalry and who knows when/if that happens again

Oregon St is possible but not a guarantee

Likely giving up my tickets because life happens ... but will most likely find a way to go to the Oregon and Utah games