Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Road games 2023. What games are you thinking of attending?

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739

Canadawg said:

Of the scheduled road games in 2023, what games are you thinking of attending?

Right now I am in for sure for Michigan State and USC.

For Michigan State I plan on flying into Chicago to see the White Sox beforehand and Cubs afterward. Still contemplating doing a circuit of Lake Michigan.

And USC because I never have been to the Coliseum.

If Seahawks are in Arizona the same weekend as the Huskies, that would be a third game I would strongly consider.

For me, the LA Coliseum was meh, which was surprising because I was looking forward to it with all the history and everything.
    Interesting. Care to expand?
    When I visited Yankee Stadium, it was everything I thought it would be. I loved it. When I visited the LA Coliseum, it was just a large stadium. I didn't get wowed over it. I know that's not much of explanation but that's about it
    Baseball stadiums have more mystique. I saw a game at Lambeau field, it didn't send shivers down my spine.

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,232

For sure Michigan State, already booked our hotel.

The USC game is a slight possibility. Mrs Nacho and I have been discussing a trip to Hawaii and I really like being there during football season. We also like to spend a night on the west coast going to/from Hawaii so I could imagine flying out Friday to LA. Game on Saturday and on to Hawaii Sunday morning. Fight the fuck on.

how are the hotels in east lansing? can you find ones that dont charge by the hour?
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,232
    1) pac-12 natty
    2) semi-natty
    3) natty-natty

beer me whilst i woof!
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,155 Founders Club

The USC game is a slight possibility. Mrs Nacho and I have been discussing a trip to Hawaii and I really like being there during football season. We also like to spend a night on the west coast going to/from Hawaii so I could imagine flying out Friday to LA. Game on Saturday and on to Hawaii Sunday morning. Fight the fuck on.

how are the hotels in east lansing? can you find ones that dont charge by the hour?
    They discount the hourly rate if you book more than 8 hours.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,180 Founders Club
    I went to a USC game in 87 or 88. Can't remember. The game where UW had somehow pulled within 7 late but USC started gashing them again and James didn't call time out. Said they weren't going to stop them anyway. Honest to a fault

Anyway it was on its first renovation since 32 for the 84 Olympics. Still a dump but history man

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,686 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

Of the scheduled road games in 2023, what games are you thinking of attending?

Right now I am in for sure for Michigan State and USC.

For Michigan State I plan on flying into Chicago to see the White Sox beforehand and Cubs afterward. Still contemplating doing a circuit of Lake Michigan.

And USC because I never have been to the Coliseum.

If Seahawks are in Arizona the same weekend as the Huskies, that would be a third game I would strongly consider.

For me, the LA Coliseum was meh, which was surprising because I was looking forward to it with all the history and everything.
    Interesting. Care to expand?
    When I visited Yankee Stadium, it was everything I thought it would be. I loved it. When I visited the LA Coliseum, it was just a large stadium. I didn't get wowed over it. I know that's not much of explanation but that's about it
    I had a similar reaction when I went to Dodger Stadium. This was a couple decades ago mind you, but after hearing Vin Scully rave about the beauty of the place and Chavez Ravine and all the corresponding malarkey, it was actually a fucking dump.
    I went there in 2002. It was okay, but it definitely wasn't anything speshul.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,686 Founders Club
    Probably see AZ because it's within a 20 mile radius

I might see the Condoms if it's important. Burn a sick day or something. But it's LA and ghetto LA at that
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,648
    edited January 2023

Lol. What do you think east lansing is like? It’s an upper middle class suburb. Mostly faculty and high salaried govt. workers live there full time. It’s where they shot a lot of American pie. Don’t stay in lansing proper And you’re fine.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,985 Founders Club

I'm trying to check stadiums off the list. So probably MSU and either 1 or 2 of Arizona, Oregon State or Stanford.

That’s my hobby too. I started with MLB ballparks, but have snowballed into other sports.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,702 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Lol. What do you think east lansing is like? It’s an upper middle class suburb. Mostly faculty and high salaried govt. workers live there full time. It’s where they shot a lot of American pie. Don’t stay in lansing proper And you’re fine.
    Of all the unlucky shit that has happened to UW in the last 4 years, getting Michigan with Lake and MSU with DeBoer is pretty high up there.
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

Of all the unlucky shit that has happened to UW in the last 4 years, getting Michigan with Lake and MSU with DeBoer is pretty high up there.
    Is Michigan ever making a return trip to Seattle or are they just gonna screw over UW like Ohio state will to Oregon?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,386 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

Is Michigan ever making a return trip to Seattle or are they just gonna screw over UW like Ohio state will to Oregon?
    I believe Michigan was set to come here during the Covid year. So I believe it was completely canceled.
    edited January 2023
    HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

I believe Michigan was set to come here during the Covid year. So I believe it was completely canceled.
    Same thing happened with Ohio state And the Ohio state AD said some bullshit about how “they’ll work to reschedule it” and mullens bought it. Figured the same happened to Jen
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,985 Founders Club

I grew up watching Tom Izzo and the ‘Flint Stones” through their years of basketball dominance culminating into a Final Four Championship. Looking forward to Flint, MI and their hometown Spartans! What are your hotel recs?

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club

I'm trying to check stadiums off the list. So probably MSU and either 1 or 2 of Arizona, Oregon State or Stanford. If you see a long line heading out of a mens room, you'll know I'm there.

• StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 536 Founders Club
    Michigan State for sure. And since I am in the Midwest the WSU game would be a road game for me. And Seattle is lovely in November.

Especially with all the homeless, I understand.