Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Air Fryer Hamburgers / How to cook hamburgers in the Air Fryer

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

YouKnowIt said:

3-2-1 on the Traeger is the only way for Ribs

Every time I see a Traeger I think of @GrundleStiltzkin .

I need to get one of those things ASAP. Huge, glaring hole in my resume.
    Frankly, everything I've ever had on a Traeger has always been 25% less smoky versus anything I've done on my Weber grill.

This has me chinterested, though.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Masterbuilt-Gravity-Series-800-Digital-Charcoal-Griddle-Grill-and-Smoker-Combo-in-Black-MB20040221/316379259
    I have no doubt about that. The tim savings for me is well-worth the smoke delta. I'm not getting up at 2am to check the fire box. Just won't.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

YouKnowIt said:

Frankly, everything I've ever had on a Traeger has always been 25% less smoky versus anything I've done on my Weber grill.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Masterbuilt-Gravity-Series-800-Digital-Charcoal-Griddle-Grill-and-Smoker-Combo-in-Black-MB20040221/316379259
    I have no doubt about that. The tim savings for me is well-worth the smoke delta. I'm not getting up at 2am to check the fire box. Just won't.
    When you’re old like me and @RaceBannon, 2am coincides with the required pee break.

Quite common.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

YouKnowIt said:

There are some ways to work around timing, like using the snake method to get a solid 8 hours of burn at a time, but still gotta check it and reload. Definitely not a convenience.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

YouKnowIt said:

There are some ways to work around timing, like using the snake method to get a solid 8 hours of burn at a time, but still gotta check it and reload. Definitely not a convenience.
    I like my gastronomical automatons but proffer full respect to those who practice The Old Ways.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    Founders Club

YouKnowIt said:

I like my gastronomical automatons but proffer full respect to those who practice The Old Ways.
    Gathered round the ol campfire in Index?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,046
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

YouKnowIt said:

Weber Kettle Grill ribs are fantastic if done right. I start mine on the Weber with indirect heat (Kingsford and water soaked hickory chips) to get some smokey goodness for a few hrs, then move them over to Weber Propane grill (again in direct heat) for a few more hrs to get the tenderness and exterior bark. The advantage here is you're getting some charcoal heat to start which is still the best way to cook ribs.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

YouKnowIt said:

Country-style pork ribs:
    Rub & smoke for however long you like on Traeger.
    Remove and pop in the Instapot with a cup of apple cider vinegar & whatever BBQ sauce one likes, enough to mostly cover ribs.
    Cook on high pressure for 45min.

Shit falls apart.

And air fryer kicks ass for the proper applications.
    Made those country ribs last night. Tits, as always. Smoke chicken thighs on left for tonight.

I want your meat. 😉
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    Founders Club

YouKnowIt said:

Country-style pork ribs:
    Remove and pop in the Instapot with a cup of apple cider vinegar & whatever BBQ sauce one likes, enough to mostly cover ribs.

Shit falls apart.

Made those country ribs last night. Tits, as always. Smoke chicken thighs on left for tonight.

I want your meat. 😉

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341

YouKnowIt said:

Country-style pork ribs:

Shit falls apart.

I want your meat. 😉

75k 😉
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2023
    I have both and to a charcoal grill, open pit, ect…

This is a conversation that won’t ever be agreed upon amongst a crowd but there’s no arguement that an outdoor wood grill of any sort ain’t the best burger cooker, deer, pork, beef, dgaf…

Far as an “air fryer”…I have a Ninja XL that’s a little better than the basic “air fryer(they’re good for pizza, biscuits and shit) and it really don’t do bad if you don’t want to get in to a lot of grill smoke or burn the gas on propane and wanna do it indoors vs cold or raining…

Cooked burgers of all types, chicken, fish and even a couple steaks in the Ninja XL.. and wasn’t bad, just non smoked and cooked, bout it. But an “air fryer”? Meh…maybe bread and biscuits or some shit, nothing real good…

Some ribeye on the Ninja:

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

This is a conversation that won’t ever be agreed upon amongst a crowd but there’s no arguement that an outdoor wood grill of any sort ain’t the best burger cooker, deer, pork, beef, dgaf…

Far as an “air fryer”…I have a Ninja XL that’s a little better than the basic “air fryer(they’re good for pizza, biscuits and shit) and it really don’t do bad if you don’t want to get in to a lot of grill smoke or burn the gas on propane and wanna do it indoors vs cold or raining…

Cooked burgers of all types, chicken, fish and even a couple steaks in the Ninja XL.. and wasn’t bad, just non smoked and cooked, bout it. But an “air fryer”? Meh…maybe bread and biscuits or some shit, nothing real good…

Rib eyes in an air fryer?

Worried bout u, pod.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam

SECDAWG said:

Not a big fan of your countertops.
    Benny gets it
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    My kid was telling my wif how cool an air fryer is - so of course she bought one. I've been using it here and there, and it works pretty damn well. Last night I made a Dungeness crab and sharp cheddar sammich in it, and man that fucker was good! The crabbing on the coast last weekend was just ridiculous - so I've been eating crab for days.

I've also been using it for pizza bread, lumpia, roasted vegetables and about every kind of potato you want to throw in there.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

YouKnowIt said:

My old smokin' pit made the best smoked salmon I've ever had. I'd start the little alder log fire (about the size of a 2 quart bowl) at about 6pm, stoke and restock it once at about 8, then let it go until morning. The first time that happened, because I fell asleep accidentally, I went out in the morning expecting half cured, wasted fish. It was done though, and it was incredible. Perfect texture, moisture and smoke.

Fish is thin and easy though. The Green Mtn grill is 100X better and easier for most things and is plenty smoky.
    dflea said:

My kid was telling my wif how cool an air fryer is - so of course she bought one. I've been using it here and there, and it works pretty damn well. Last night I made a Dungeness crab and sharp cheddar sammich in it, and man that fucker was good! The crabbing on the coast last weekend was just ridiculous - so I've been eating crab for days.

I've also been using it for pizza bread, lumpia, roasted vegetables and about every kind of potato you want to throw in there.

I saw some huge dungies in my local grocery store last night for cheap. When I say huge I mean they were the biggest I had ever seen. They rarely get whole crab there and it has always been some advertised special event. I figured crabbing must be crazy good somewhere.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

YouKnowIt said:

My old smokin' pit made the best smoked salmon I've ever had. I'd start the little alder log fire (about the size of a 2 quart bowl) at about 6pm, stoke and restock it once at about 8, then let it go until morning. The first time that happened, because I fell asleep accidentally, I went out in the morning expecting half cured, wasted fish. It was done though, and it was incredible. Perfect texture, moisture and smoke.

Fish is thin and easy though. The Green Mtn grill is 100X better and easier for most things and is plenty smoky.
    dflea said:

I saw some huge dungies in my local grocery store last night for cheap. When I say huge I mean they were the biggest I had ever seen. They rarely get whole crab there and it has always been some advertised special event. I figured crabbing must be crazy good somewhere.
    I got some YUGE (like 2.5 lbs or maybe more) dungies from out fish store down the street. They were cheap (for White Wakanda) too. My fish guy said everyone on the Oregon coast has been catching shit ton of crab.