Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pipelines

Comments

• Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Kavario Middleton, biggest bust of all time? ....discuss

He should have taken the coaching advice and switched to Tackle.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    RTD said:

That skinny dude? You’re not thinking of ASJ🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,061
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like Bellevue HS was shaping up to be a fruitful pipeline until Butch Goncharoff got pinched for being ahead of his time on the NIL front. I didn’t include Eastside Catholic despite multiple signees over the years because JTT and other highly coveted buddies told us? to fuck off

Eastside Catholic really wasn't that good until relatively recently.
    Basically since Jason Gesser was their coach and started the recruiting process. Moving to the Sammamish Plateau and a new school building probably helped as well.

Three High Schools in less than a mile is just poor planning.

Also Skyline had a good little pipeline during their heyday.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

WA:
    Bellevue High School: Budda Baker (2014), Shane Bowman (2014), Henry Roberts (2015), Isaiah Gilchrist (2016)
    Kennedy Catholic: Sa’Vell Smalls (2020), Sam Huard (2021), Jabez Tinae (2021), Lonyatta Alexander (2021)
    Federal Way: Chico McClatcher (2015), Jared Pulu (2015), Alphonzo Tuputala (2019)
    Tumwater High School: Jamie Bryant (2014), Cade Otton (2017), Ryan Otton (2022)

CA:
    Chaminade High School: JoJo McIntosh (2014), Brayden Dickey (Lenius?)(2014), Jordan Chin (2016)
    Servite: AJ Carty (2015), Keith Taylor (2017), Julius Irvin (2018)
    We do better with Bosco kids than Mater Dei kids and De La Salle kids (except for Tuli) always go to SC

UTAH:
    East High School (SLC): Jordan Lolohea (2017), Sam Taimani (2018), Voi Tunuufi (2021)

AZ:
    Saguaro High School: Byron Murphy (2016), Jacobe Covington (2020), Parker Brailisford (2022)

McDuffie, McGrew, Deven Bryant (and Goforth) OTW. Any other notables?
  • Options

RTD said:

That skinny dude? You’re not thinking of ASJ🤷‍♂️
    fixed
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 431
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

WA:
    Bellevue High School: Budda Baker (2014), Shane Bowman (2014), Henry Roberts (2015), Isaiah Gilchrist (2016)
    Kennedy Catholic: Sa’Vell Smalls (2020), Sam Huard (2021), Jabez Tinae (2021), Lonyatta Alexander (2021)
    Federal Way: Chico McClatcher (2015), Jared Pulu (2015), Alphonzo Tuputala (2019)

CA:
    Chaminade High School: JoJo McIntosh (2014), Brayden Dickey (Lenius?)(2014), Jordan Chin (2016)
    We do better with Bosco kids than Mater Dei kids and De La Salle kids (except for Tuli) always go to SC

UTAH:
    East High School (SLC): Jordan Lolohea (2017), Sam Taimani (2018), Voi Tunuufi (2021)

AZ:
    Saguaro High School: Byron Murphy (2016), Jacobe Covington (2020), Parker Brailisford (2022)

Naijiel Hale, Terrell Bynum and James Smith
  • Options

dnc said:

WA:

CA:

UTAH:

AZ:

Who could forget Hale Dogg and Darren G
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

WA:

CA:

UTAH:

AZ:

Who could forget Hale Dogg and Darren G
    I'm unable to resist this c/p

I'm gettin jacked, I'm breakin myself
    I can't believe they're taking Darren's wealth
    They sold my couch, they took my xanax
    I looked at the popos and said "damn, what's next?"

They got my homey hemmed up and they all around
    Ain't none of them seeing if they going straight pound for pound
    I gotta come up real quick before they start to clown
    I besta pull out my strap and lay them busters down

They got guns to my head
    I think I'm going down
    I can't believe I moved to this fuckin town
    If I had wings I would fly
    Let me contemplate
    I glanced in the cut and I see my homey Hale

Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
    Hale Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold
    Now they droppin and yellin
    It's a tad bit late
    Hale Dogg and Darren G. had to regulate
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Franklin - Mario Bailey, Aaron Pierce, Travis Spring (RIP), Corey Dillon, some safety whose name I forgot in the early/mid 00's, Tony Zachary.

Al Ulbrickson (for @YellowSnow and @whlinder and maybe @creepycoug)
    Kenny G (for @GayThoughts)

Haven't had a football program to speak of since before I was there but it looks like they might be becoming competitive again. Perhaps some talent will be coming through again.

The Dour Dane.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Franklin - Mario Bailey, Aaron Pierce, Travis Spring (RIP), Corey Dillon, some safety whose name I forgot in the early/mid 00's, Tony Zachary.

Haven't had a football program to speak of since before I was there but it looks like they might be becoming competitive again. Perhaps some talent will be coming through again.

Franklin has football? they were always decent at basketball
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Keep the locals home

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,061
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Franklin has football? they were always decent at basketball
    There was a time when their football was elite, and the basketball just so-so. Then Jason Terry lead an 8th place Metro League team to the state title in 94 and it was hoops basically from there on out. Well at least through Kerr being there. They are shit now.

The remodeled Franklin is actually what made it so enticing an powerful in the late 80's early 90's. Kids from the south end of the CD flocked to FQ (ie Corey Dillon), especially at a time that GHS was losing kids due to perception at the time surrounding violence, and the neighborhood (not that rainier valley was much better). But parents send their kids to new schools.

BTW a good quick read:

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,107
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Looks like Bellevue HS was shaping up to be a fruitful pipeline until Butch Goncharoff got pinched for being ahead of his time on the NIL front. I didn’t include Eastside Catholic despite multiple signees over the years because JTT and other highly coveted buddies told us? to fuck off

Eastside Catholic really wasn't that good until relatively recently.
    Basically since Jason Gesser was their coach and started the recruiting process. Moving to the Sammamish Plateau and a new school building probably helped as well.

Three High Schools in less than a mile is just poor planning.

Also Skyline had a good little pipeline during their heyday.

Maybe the Mighty Little Paintbrush softened those guys up
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,450
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Huard and Smalls = 2 of the top 6 highest rated recruits at UW since they've been keeping track.

I still want to believe Sam can be good. I have nothing else to go off other than his name and stars, so it's pure doogish hope, but if he's not backing up Penix next year it's over.

His high school film was so good too. He was so accurate. I had such high hopes for him to be our big dick lefty gunslinger by this point.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431
    edited December 2022

Doogles said:

Huard and Smalls = 2 of the top 6 highest rated recruits at UW since they've been keeping track.

I still want to believe Sam can be good. I have nothing else to go off other than his name and stars, so it's pure doogish hope, but if he's not backing up Penix next year it's over.

His high school film was so good too. He was so accurate. I had such high hopes for him to be our big dick lefty gunslinger by this point.
    The speed of HS and the speed of college are vastly different and a major reason why some HS phenoms can't translate to the next level. Even though he's more talented than DMo, Morris sees the field since he's more capable.