Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pipelines

Which schools have provided UW the most talent over the past 20-30 years? Which schools have been most consistent in sending kids to UW that are ready to buy in and perform?

Which schools send kids over and over again that never pan out?

Don’t know the answers myself but have a hunch on some of the local schools some might mention. I’d like the take to include local schools but equally interested in hearing more about schools in CA, CO, OR, AZ, NV, HI if any stand out.

Comments

• Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

WA:
    Bellevue High School: Budda Baker (2014), Shane Bowman (2014), Henry Roberts (2015), Isaiah Gilchrist (2016)
    Kennedy Catholic: Sa’Vell Smalls (2020), Sam Huard (2021), Jabez Tinae (2021), Lonyatta Alexander (2021)
    Federal Way: Chico McClatcher (2015), Jared Pulu (2015), Alphonzo Tuputala (2019)
    Tumwater High School: Jamie Bryant (2014), Cade Otton (2017), Ryan Otton (2022)

CA:
    Chaminade High School: JoJo McIntosh (2014), Brayden Dickey (Lenius?)(2014), Jordan Chin (2016)
    Servite: AJ Carty (2015), Keith Taylor (2017), Julius Irvin (2018)
    We do better with Bosco kids than Mater Dei kids and De La Salle kids (except for Tuli) always go to SC

UTAH:
    East High School (SLC): Jordan Lolohea (2017), Sam Taimani (2018), Voi Tunuufi (2021)

AZ:
    Saguaro High School: Byron Murphy (2016), Jacobe Covington (2020), Parker Brailisford (2022)

Great post.

Schools I’m surprised to not see at a cursory glance: Lakes, Ferndale, O’Dea, Lynden (adding because their moms are the kind I’d like to fuck), Puyallup, Skyline.

Didn’t realize Federal Way had 3 kids, that’s my surprise inclusion.
    I started with the Pete years because I’m 9 years old and that’s when I started watching football. Ferndale has both Hatchett brothers in this era and I think Locker and other would be included if you went further back. I think an interesting trend is that a recruit’s 7on7 coach has more say on where they go to college than HS coach nowadays. But I’m not quite gay enough yet to look up where teen boys play football at
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Some others:

Upland (CA) - Joe Mathis (2013), Cameron Davis (2018), Taj Davis (2018)
    Menlo Atherton (CA) - Daneil Heimuli (2019), Noa Ngalu (2019), Soane Faasolo (2023)
  • Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 152
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Kavario Middleton, biggest bust of all time? ....discuss
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

I feel like O'Dea has been the most consistent pipeline of at least the King County schools and maybe even Western Washington although Puyallup probably gets some credit.

They’ve pumped a lot to UW the more I think about it.

Gaskin, Race Porter, Meesh Powell, Prentice, a handful of other walkons that havent cracked the depth, and bonus points for St. Ruperake for more recent era.

The Benn Bros, Ben Riva, Ty Eriks, Quinton Richardson (god help us all), and I’m sure others without digging deeper from a little bit further back. No idea on the earlier 90s.

Their corners have struggled here but they have one next year with an offer that looks physical on tape.

We? also missed a few guys thanks to Ty.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kavario Middleton, biggest bust of all time? ....discuss

No. Not even close. He actually started for a while and was talented. Huard and Smalls were more highly touted. They still have time, but you know.
    That didn't really seem like a genuine call for debate, but I was going to answer until I saw this.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Seems DeBoer and co place greater emphasis on regions outside of UW’s typical footprints, in areas where they actually take football seriously, much to the chagrin of TBS fags from the Sark and Pete years. Plenty of offers to kids from Texas, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, etc. As populations explode in the Vegas and Phoenix metro areas, more and more blue chip recruits will spawn from the tuff desert sands. One can only hope for more Fautanu’s and Trice’s and less Austin Osborne’s

I covered this in another thread: https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1695184#Comment_1695184

Essentially, because we had a bunch of assistants who were already recruiting at other schools, our footprint looks different in the first year. We're already seeing a shift back to WA, CA, and AZ in 2024