Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dill Johnson MSU transfer

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Seeing some speculation that (ironically) UW's NIL might be getting used as leverage to get more out of other schools. Wouldn't be surprised if he is thinking about staying in the south but also trying to get the most out of UW that he can. Someone needs to send him video of the holes Taualapapa ran through last year and of Pac-12 defenses.

Someone on the MSU bored said the only reason he's looking at UW is NIL $.

I'll take that notion with a giant grain of salt
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

Penix and Johnson is a very potent back field

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,481
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Seeing some speculation that (ironically) UW's NIL might be getting used as leverage to get more out of other schools. Wouldn't be surprised if he is thinking about staying in the south but also trying to get the most out of UW that he can. Someone needs to send him video of the holes Taualapapa ran through last year and of Pac-12 defenses.

Seems like Bulldooging. A RB with his skillset doesn't want to play in Deboer's offense instead of sticking around in Starkville with a new coach?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Are we sure it’s NIL and not UW upper campus admissions bullshit?
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Seems like Bulldooging. A RB with his skillset doesn't want to play in Deboer's offense instead of sticking around in Starkville with a new coach?
    He's quoted in saying he likes UW but there's work that needs to be resolved:

“It’s more to do with family stuff. We’ll just try to figure that out and go from there. It’s up to Washington, really. It’s all in Washington’s hands. I’m just looking to see what they are trying to do. I’m not rushing them because I really do like Washington. We’re just trying to get some kinks out right now.”

Not sure what that means but maybe the family wants flights from TX to WA to see the games? Or maybe they need a house?

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

I think so. Kinda like "UW is waffling over my transcript ... I like UW but I ain't taking another basketweaving course to go there because I already have a bunch of them..."
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

NEsnake12 said:

I think so. Kinda like "UW is waffling over my transcript ... I like UW but I ain't taking another basketweaving course to go there because I already have a bunch of them..."
    How in the hell is this not sorted out prior to committing and reviewed? Rumored to have happened with the asu pass rusher too.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Love to see our older boosters are going to be tweeting like the discord dudes lol
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I’m old enough to remember a fruit basket and watching automatic sprinklers at the country club turn on was illegal
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m old enough to remember a fruit basket and watching automatic sprinklers at the country club turn on was illegal

Don't forget discount sandwiches
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club

Maybe we’ll call him pickle

chuck said:

Penace said:

Seems like Adams production will come almost exclusively in the rec game. His skill set might be pretty similar to frosh Rogers. I figured Johnson would be a 1b type back. Expect very little from ngata.

I kind of disagree. Adams looked quick, strong and aggressive when he got the ball. He had one bad drop but that shit happens and we tend to overvalue one fuckup from a guy who gets very few reps. I honestly think he has the skills to be RB1 on this team.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club

He's quoted in saying he likes UW but there's work that needs to be resolved:

“It’s more to do with family stuff. We’ll just try to figure that out and go from there. It’s up to Washington, really. It’s all in Washington’s hands. I’m just looking to see what they are trying to do. I’m not rushing them because I really do like Washington. We’re just trying to get some kinks out right now.”

Not sure what that means but maybe the family wants flights from TX to WA to see the games? Or maybe they need a house?
    Jobs for the family?

You know I kind of like new world. I like it a hell of a lot better than the expanded playoffs and the contracted Pac Whatever

I have often said that universities will kill football before they make the players employees. This is a decent work around and UW seems to be a willing participant

People forget that UW had a long tradition of paying players when it wasn't legal. And they'd get caught

Now it's house money
    UW fired coach John Cherberg in the 1950s, and he told all to Sports Illustrated in an expose on UW corruption.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Maybe we’ll call him pickle

chuck said:

Penace said:

Seems like Adams production will come almost exclusively in the rec game. His skill set might be pretty similar to frosh Rogers. I figured Johnson would be a 1b type back. Expect very little from ngata.

I kind of disagree. Adams looked quick, strong and aggressive when he got the ball. He had one bad drop but that shit happens and we tend to overvalue one fuckup from a guy who gets very few reps. I honestly think he has the skills to be RB1 on this team.

I'm not in in this debate. Too much would've/could've/should've for me.

n fairness, though, Haener seemed to put up a crooked number of picks in every practice based on reports.