Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Germie Bernard in the portal

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

Here he is in action

About at the same place where the Santana Moss grease spot was. #Krambrink
    I thought Krambrink had a shot to be someone after the Moss hit. You know, players make plays. Unfortunately he never made a play again. Hell of a way to be remembered though.
    3:15 mark if you wish to see it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MM0S9twpt4
    That defense was filthy...
    Nah that defense was okay. Just look filthy because of the jerseys.
    Agree that overall it was above average.

Pharms and Akbar wanted to hit people tho
    Secondary was pretty good. Lowe akbar williams vonture and our own @DerekJohnson. They didn’t play particularly well after williams was injured but they were solid. Their interior d line was weak if I remember.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,508 Founders Club
    The secondary was first and second year guys that did play well beating the legend Drew Brees in a tuff Rose Bowl

PGOS
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,932 Founders Club

the lancers are coming up lame let’s get some of the shady eastside catholic kids

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

The secondary was first and second year guys that did play well beating the legend Drew Brees in a tuff Rose Bowl

PGOS

That Purdue skwad wins the natty in the expanded playoff
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,508 Founders Club
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

I'll go with it. What's the best home win since that 2000 team beat Miami? Don't say #3 USC in 2009, they ended up going 5-4 (good for 6th in the P12).

I mean how often do you beat the team that finishes the season ranked #2? That win is likely to hold up for a very long tim.
    Completely. I mean they didn’t lose again for 30+ games until the tOSU Clarett/Tressel fiesta bowel.

I would suggest that no football team has ever played in Husky stadium with as much talent on the roster as 2000 Miami. And that includes when the Seahawks played there.

(No idea how to do the research to back that up so I’ll go with it)
    Not really going to argue the point but some legendary USC teams have been to Husky Stadium

John McKay teams loaded with hall of fame guys

Either way
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited December 2022
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

I'll go with it. What's the best home win since that 2000 team beat Miami? Don't say #3 USC in 2009, they ended up going 5-4 (good for 6th in the P12).

Either 2016 Stanford or 2022 Oregon St

Both were 10 win teams
    Trick question, same year beating 2000 11-1 Beavlet who probably woulda won the natty if we didn't ruin it.

Excluding 2000?

I'm going to say Michigan State 2022 just so Damone suffers a stroke when he reads this over tears and whisky as he lurks logged out.
    Yeah hard to say anything since then compares to beating that ranked Oregon State team.

Sadly both Miami and Beav smoked us in the return games in 2001.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,361 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Both were 10 win teams
    Trick question, same year beating 2000 11-1 Beavlet who probably woulda won the natty if we didn't ruin it.

Excluding 2000?

I'm going to say Michigan State 2022 just so Damone suffers a stroke when he reads this over tears and whisky as he lurks logged out.
    I know you're being sarcastic but I don't abide by fully diminishing ranked wins just because they end up looking worse later in the season.

The obvious reason is that if said ranked team doesn't lose then they would have another win and have a better record. The second less supported reason is that athletes of all levels are walking, running mental midgets that can and do get swayed in confidence by things like an early ass kicking by a big out of conference team.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Canadawg said:

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Both were 10 win teams

Excluding 2000?

I know you're being sarcastic but I don't abide by fully diminishing ranked wins just because they end up looking worse later in the season.

The obvious reason is that if said ranked team doesn't lose then they would have another win and have a better record. The second less supported reason is that athletes of all levels are walking, running mental midgets that can and do get swayed in confidence by things like an early ass kicking by a big out of conference team.
    The fact they couldn’t bounce back mentally from the beat down is evidence they weren’t that good.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Canadawg said:

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Both were 10 win teams

Excluding 2000?

Well you should abide. Early rankings are subjective bullshit based on a few fat fuck writers who couldn't hack it at actual publications and had to settle for sports. MSU proved themselves to be a bottom rung B10 team. Them being top 15 for the first couple of weeks was completely meaningless.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,605 Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

I mean how often do you beat the team that finishes the season ranked #2? That win is likely to hold up for a very long tim.
    Completely. I mean they didn’t lose again for 30+ games until the tOSU Clarett/Tressel fiesta bowel.

I would suggest that no football team has ever played in Husky stadium with as much talent on the roster as 2000 Miami. And that includes when the Seahawks played there.

Not really going to argue the point but some legendary USC teams have been to Husky Stadium

Either way
    Since you were there, you are right. I had to go look it up.

The U 2000 team still only has 1 HOFer: Ed Reed.
    Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson are the other two who seem likely to make the hall, but with the inflation of WR stats who knows when or if that will happen.
    Vince Wilfork was a freshman and he is the other who might make it. I mean someone from those Patriots teams besides Brady/Belichik has to. I don't think Jonathan Vilma did enough.

1957 and 1959 hosting USC, Trooj has Willie Wood and Ron Mix.

1979 hosting USC should have had Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, Anthony Munoz and Bruce Matthews on the team. That's the only year the 4 of them were on the same roster (going off their wikipedia career info). 1981 would have had Allen and Matthews, 1977 Munoz and Lott.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,932 Founders Club
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Either way
    Since you were there, you are right. I had to go look it up.

The U 2000 team still only has 1 HOFer: Ed Reed.
    Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson are the other two who seem likely to make the hall, but with the inflation of WR stats who knows when or if that will happen.
    Vince Wilfork was a freshman and he is the other who might make it. I mean someone from those Patriots teams besides Brady/Belichik has to. I don't think Jonathan Vilma did enough.

1957 and 1959 hosting USC, Trooj has Willie Wood and Ron Mix.

1979 hosting USC should have had Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, Anthony Munoz and Bruce Matthews on the team. That's the only year the 4 of them were on the same roster (going off their wikipedia career info). 1981 would have had Allen and Matthews, 1977 Munoz and Lott.
    I think Johnson gets in before Wayne.