Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Germie Bernard in the portal

Comments

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    The kid is obviously going to come back to UW unless the coaching staff tells him that they don't want him... The kid fucked up and now he wants to fix it...
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 741

I disagree. I think it sets a bad precedent.

We want dudes who shit gold and piss purple. Give me SEC transfers, not soft B1G transfers

I bet you he doesn't end up here. And I'm usually right.

You do realize he and Rome are tight?
    I don't give a fuck.

WR is the least of this programs concerns.
    2016: we have Ross and Pettis, why get WRs, we're stacked!

2018: Ah fuck, Aaron Fuller is still starting?
    Yes, we run a similar offense to Petersen, and the portal doesnt exist

Or not
    That's a great point, the portal exists. Maybe we should use it to go get another WR. Perhaps one from East Lansing, MI?
    Maybe we should go, I dont know, get receivers that are better?

Ones that didn't show up on campus and then leave?

There is no shortage of talent in the portal. We can go find actual 4 star receivers, not 4 star potential
    This seems like a pretty low-effort "recruitment" by the coaching staff and a very high potential reward. I understand the feelings towards him after he bolted last year, but if he enters the portal with the "Do Not Contact" designation, as has been stated, and he's a lock to UW, then take him. It sounds like it'd require little to no effort on the coaching staff's part.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483

pgos I don’t understand the downside to taking him

Pettiness
    Well with this angle in mind, TeamPGOS
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

We want dudes who shit gold and piss purple. Give me SEC transfers, not soft B1G transfers

I don't give a fuck.

Or not
    That's a great point, the portal exists. Maybe we should use it to go get another WR. Perhaps one from East Lansing, MI?

There is no shortage of talent in the portal. We can go find actual 4 star receivers, not 4 star potential
    You're making it plain that your original take was shit, you realize it, and now you're doubling down. It's a vintage PGOS move, so I'm not telling you to quit doing that - so don't twist.

But yeah, by all accounts Germie had a strong true freshman year, played in all 12 games, and 100% lived up to his 4 star billing. MSU fans expected him to be a starter next year and are not happy to see him go. We all know you don't watch film or have the first clue about evaluating college receivers (and neither do most of us, though fudgie pretends to) so that should be all the indication you need to want to go after him.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022

I don't give a fuck.

Or not

You're making it plain that your original take was shit, you realize it, and now you're doubling down. It's a vintage PGOS move, so I'm not telling you to quit doing that - so don't twist.

But yeah, by all accounts Germie had a strong true freshman year, played in all 12 games, and 100% lived up to his 4 star billing. MSU fans expected him to be a starter next year and are not happy to see him go. We all know you don't watch film or have the first clue about evaluating college receivers (and neither do most of us, though fudgie pretends to) so that should be all the indication you need to want to go after him.
    If DeBoer wants him, we will get him.

But chances are DeBoer doesnt. Ill be first and right. Or not.

My takes are fine in this thread, people just have weird attachments to certain recruits. Doogs gonna doog.

Two big ones are:

1) people have no clue how good our backup receivers are. Comparing the situation to 2018 is FS.

2) Id rather go out and get a WR in the portal who has put up big numbers as a starter, than a more or less unproven backup
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

I don't give a fuck.

Or not

My takes are fine in this thread, people just have weird attachments to certain recruits. Doogs gonna doog.

Two big ones are:

1) people have no clue how good our backup receivers are. Comparing the situation to 2018 is FS.

2) Id rather go out and get a WR in the portal who has put up big numbers as a starter, than a more or less unproven backup
    I mean sure, if there's another Jordan Addison in the portal go get him. But all the guys who have already put up big numbers and are entering the portal aren't also guys who still have four years to play three. Take the one year rental who's proven, and also take the true freshman who still has a full career ahead of him.

As for attachment? Fuck Germie, he was a sniveling pussy who followed a shit WR coach. But he's talented and this is an emotionless business, so welcome his ass back with open arms if he wants in.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,271 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't give a fuck.

Or not

Two big ones are:

I don't love how this has gone down and I think DeBoer's system is going to fly with just about any receivers as long as the QB is good.

With that said, I think the WR room needs some guys with some big time raw tools and I think Bernard has them so might want to get him in.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,811 Swaye's Wigwam
    If we’re ticking off doog characteristics in this argument, one of the biggest is getting butthurt when a player leaves after the coach who brought him in is gone. Futher, applying WDWHA principles while espousing bodily functions exhibited in the colors of purple and gold is in the doog handbook.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    TheHB said:

If we’re ticking off doog characteristics in this argument, one of the biggest is getting butthurt when a player leaves after the coach who brought him in is gone. Futher, applying WDWHA principles while espousing bodily functions exhibited in the colors of purple and gold is in the doog handbook.

Christ.

If we are going full doog playbook, than the obsession with recruits who spurned UW is in the first fucking chapter. Go to the recruiting board and half the threads are on Smells, Ohio State players, the Rainer Beach lineman who went to Oregon, etc.

And if you cant see that the purple and gold shit is mockery of classic doog phrases espoused on doogman since 1998, I cant help you.

My first handle on Husky Half Brains was iBEEDpurple in 2006 for fucks sake.

In short, PM @IrishDawg22
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,811 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    Closing comments - as the legendary Race Bannon put it, and Im paraphrasing a bit here..."Im a doog, youre a doog, we're all fucking doogs."

Doog
    dnc said:

Closing comments - as the legendary Race Bannon put it, and Im paraphrasing a bit here..."Im a doog, youre a doog, we're all fucking doogs."

Doog

We're all doogs, but some of us are more doog than others.
    And at the top of the list is those obsessed with individual recruits. Nothing worse than a recruiting doog.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

I don't give a fuck.

Or not

Two big ones are:

dnc said:

Doog

And at the top of the list is those obsessed with individual recruits. Nothing worse than a recruiting doog.
    Many don’t give a shit that he Bernard was here before. You seem to be obsessing over it though.

I don't give a fuck.

Or not

Two big ones are:

dnc said:

Doog

Many don’t give a shit that he Bernard was here before. You seem to be obsessing over it though.
    This is fair.

Not a hill I want to die on

Ill doog for Germie if he comes here and plays well.

But if he doesnt - I was right