Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Germie Bernard in the portal

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022

I disagree. I think it sets a bad precedent.

We want dudes who shit gold and piss purple. Give me SEC transfers, not soft B1G transfers

I bet you he doesn't end up here. And I'm usually right.

You do realize he and Rome are tight?
    I don't give a fuck.

WR is the least of this programs concerns.
    Until it is
    This offense will have 0 problem getting GOOD wr's to portal in.

Germie is not a proven receiver. At all. Go get someone who has actually put up stats in college.

We should be in a position of negotiating strength moving forward with this shit. Not dooging about some kid who has done nothing, except for spurning us and not giving DeBoer a chance.

We can and should expect to get better players through the portal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the portal will benefit UW maybe more than any other program in CFB with a coach like DeBoer here.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    TheHB said:

I disagree. I think it sets a bad precedent.

We want dudes who shit gold and piss purple. Give me SEC transfers, not soft B1G transfers

I bet you he doesn't end up here. And I'm usually right.

You do realize he and Rome are tight?
    I don't give a fuck.

WR is the least of this programs concerns.
    Hard disagree. While on paper it may look like there are good WRs coming back, this team’s future success relies on great pass catchers and throwers. If UW doesn’t have at least a couple great receivers, DeBoner’s offense is just good, not great.

Lose Rome, and you have one great WR (assuming McMillan returns) and some good ones, but nothing truly special. Not saying Bernard is great (don’t twist) but he might be.

Telling him to fuck off would be a retarded move on several levels.
    We have no idea if any of the underclassmen WRs who haven't gotten playing time, are good or not yet

They are behind 3 killers and a vet in Giles Jackson

Hell, even Taj Davis was clutch as all hell and won us the Oregon game. He had a great year too.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,811 Swaye's Wigwam
    Isn’t the rumor that Davis will portal? I hope he stays but I wouldn’t call him a great WR. Not at this point anyway.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,937 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think there was anything to the Davis rumor. He's pretty good. Anyone who sneaks out there and makes big catches is good with me. That's his role though and I think it's permanent.

Polk is the #3 that everyone looks at and thinks a team would be lucky to have him as a #3. He'll be fine as #2 but he leaves that pretty big void and there isn't an obvious candidate to step in on the roster. If there was they wouldn't be looking in the portal.
    Doogs love and are obsessed with recruits that commited and went elsewhere

Water is wet
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    chuck said:
    Shhhh, Don’t show PGOS this

chuck said:
    Shhhh, Don’t show PGOS this
    That's what they mean when they say explosive, isn't it? It's just one play, but it's a good one.

A couple of young guys may portal but that just means they weren't going to cut it. The ones that stay can get in the field. There are a lot of reps available in this offense. I have hopes for Boston and Alexander.
    edited December 2022

Water is wet

Didn't you want Haener back? I think you did
    I did. Then and now though. I wanted Haener over Morris and Huard. It was a position of dire need.

Haener also had the DeBoer synergy, like Penix. Proven results

Germie not so much

Water is wet

DeBoer is a doog?

After seeing what they were able to do in one year post-Donovan/Pond I’m okay if they want to go back to this well. Who exactly are we passing up to take Bernard?

Yes, trust the coaches POTD.
    No one knows if DeBoer wants him back or not
    edited December 2022
    TheHB said:

If DeBoner doesn’t want him, then it’s not a big deal right? But if he does, you’re gonna take issue with it? After this season?

No I just dont think that he wants him after what transpired. We will see what happens.

I have full faith in DeBoer at this point. He's a winner.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Always stack talent. With Rome/Jalen not being a 100% sure thing to return this is a no brainer. Polk is decent but the other WRs haven't really flashed anything. Denzel a little bit in garbage time I guess? Tinae sucks until he doesn't. At a minimum getting Germie to replace JAG Giles in that role would be an upgrade.

The dooging is getting ridiculous though. Heard tonight that Rome has to come back because Grubb has schemed him open too well and he doesn't have enough tape of 50/50 balls.

While he hasn't done great at that, I can't read his dad's tweets all year and think he's coming back.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,361 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know how good he his but from his point of view even if he doesn't play much next year 2 years after that in a good offense is better than 3 years in a bad one. I think DeBoer and Grubb have earned plenty of trust for who they do or don't take though
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    board is dialed in as always.