Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official: Deion Prediction Thread

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Prime Rib: Megalomaniac, he's carved up and spit out within 4

I wonder how much money Bomani Jones has sent to HBCU's...
    More than you? Why does that matter?

He’s an alum of a HBCU, he’s probably donated to them. He’s still entitled to his (wrong) opinion about Neon Deion.
    He's entitled to his opinion, sure. Deion gave a ton of his own cash to the school. At what point would it have been okay for Deion to leave? Was he expected to stay there for 30 years? I'm hearing he also HAD A CONTRACT!

The criticism he's taking from black media is beyond stupid. The same folks who yell about the lack of opportunities for black coaches are pissed off that Deion decided to take one of those opportunities.
    You must be reading different black media than I am. Bomani's the exception, most black pundits are giving him the messiah treatment.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    If he has any success he will LEAVE! To the SEC within 2-3 years
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717
    LebamDawg said:

He will move to another job before smelling the playoffs.

Unlike successful black coaches, Shaw, there are their counterparts, Ty, Lake, Dorrell, Green, Edwards, Taggert. Of course, the same can be said about white coaches even more so. Try doing a search for successful Black head coaches in college football. I only used PAC12 examples

The returns are more "Why aren't there more black coaches".

Deion will move on hopefully to be a successful coach - there will be lots of scrutiny and criticism no matter what he does. He can handle the pressure if anyone can.

He will be ESPN's golden boy for sure and they will make racism an issue for they next two years,

This is what's so funny about the race discussion. Nobody is ever like, "UW (or insert other Pac 12 school) has done a great job giving black coaches chance."

They just accuse the school of racism or bemoan the systematic screwing over of black coaches when they get fired.

No institution is ever good or equitable, always bad and inequitable, no matter what.

And of course ESPN is the paragon of virtue.

• NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Prime Time: Sanders is a success at CU and plays in a CCG before he LEAVES
    I think he hits his stride in year 2.

Year 1 I'd be shocked if they make it to 6-6. Even with the portal, there's too many holes to fill on that drekfest of a roster in a single offseason. And by mid October the injuries will inevitably pile up. Shedur probably won't be that great against P5 competition.

He'll have enough talent and potentially a portal QB by year 2.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

I wonder how much money Bomani Jones has sent to HBCU's...
    More than you? Why does that matter?

He’s an alum of a HBCU, he’s probably donated to them. He’s still entitled to his (wrong) opinion about Neon Deion.
    He's entitled to his opinion, sure. Deion gave a ton of his own cash to the school. At what point would it have been okay for Deion to leave? Was he expected to stay there for 30 years? I'm hearing he also HAD A CONTRACT!

The criticism he's taking from black media is beyond stupid. The same folks who yell about the lack of opportunities for black coaches are pissed off that Deion decided to take one of those opportunities.
    You must be reading different black media than I am. Bomani's the exception, most black pundits are giving him the messiah treatment.
    Black media superiority guy
    Every bored has….

Nevermind.
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 761
    Is this one of those things where I'm racist if I dont think it'll work?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
    If that's all true, then Deion really took the high road

His presence alone makes Colorado an interesting team to follow
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717

He will get some good players and win some games but he has zero experience dealing with institutions and relationships that will hold him accountable for what he does.

He will screw up epically in some fashion. He will have to deal with legit D1 coordinators, other coaches, and kids who have other options besides Deion, including NFL futures, their parents etc.

With his ego and dictatorial style he will have players and families telling him to FO directly to his face. Will there be a Marcus Peters...

Seems plausible.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,364 Swaye's Wigwam
    This dudes going to break Buff fans. Terrible decade then the this sizzle just for him to leave after going 11-14
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited April 2023

He'll be a success but no playoff

PLAYOFFS?

Pretty much. First sniff of success, not including a CCS, he gone. In the South somewhere. To him?? Hopefully FL teams. FSU, Miami, Gators, …don’t matter. The South and limelight. And boat loads or pussy, beach, clubs, big ass boats and flash.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,168
    Is he even going to be able to field a team this year?
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited April 2023

I’d think so. I’m thinking with this “portal exodus” shit, he’s cleaning house. He even had a vid made of his intentions about running folks off.

What HFC wants players that went 1-11 to contaminate his team?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

This is becoming an increasing concern.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,364 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2023
    He has good players leaving though
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    edited April 2023

He will get some good players and win some games but he has zero experience dealing with institutions and relationships that will hold him accountable for what he does.

He will screw up epically in some fashion. He will have to deal with legit D1 coordinators, other coaches, and kids who have other options besides Deion, including NFL futures, their parents etc.

With his ego and dictatorial style he will have players and families telling him to FO directly to his face. Will there be a Marcus Peters...

Seems plausible.
    I'm officially out of the prediction business, so I have no idea what will happen with Sanders and tend to just go with the data that points to most coaches failing.

But is having a massive ego and dictatorial style something unique to Sanders? That alone doesn't seem like it would be the problem. And, of course, every coach in the country has to deal with the things you listed, so that's not unique to his situation either. And let's not pretend that Colorado is this massive program with a rich history and sky high expectations. They had a cup of coffee under the bright lights a generation ago and NOCs anymore. It's a place populated by students who want to pretend like they got into a great school and whose parents can afford the extravagant OOS tuition so they can be someplace pretty. Other than being part of the opening of Mork and Mindy, there is nothing special or unique about CU. As another poster pointed out, this is the most attention they've had since the Promise Keeper was running the show.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    no_uh said:

Is this one of those things where I'm racist if I dont think it'll work?

Pretty much, yep.