Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Texas

Comments

• TrainwreckTrainwreck Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2022
    FireCohen said:

@Mitch_Cumsteen

How you liking sark? Do you feel he is undefeated and he just ran out time couple of times?

When are horn booster going to demand his head and his first born?

Ha! Did you see our last couple of coaches? I am good with Sark sticking around for a while, at least based on what I have seen this last year. Our offensive makes sense most of the time. Our defense is not a world-beater, but they are good and at least in the right place MOST of the time and are generally tackling when they are supposed to. He at least ACTS like an adult. My gripe this year would be that Ewers should have been pulled in a couple of games and Card put in; Ewers just has some of those 'how do I throw this thing again?' stretches. But I know there is a lot of other consideration that goes into doing that, but whatever.

But yeah, I am sure some boosters are calling for his head. It does help a TON that they completely plastered Oklahoma, though.
  • Mitch_CumsteenMitch_Cumsteen Member Posts: 78
    FireCohen said:

@Mitch_Cumsteen

How you liking sark? Do you feel he is undefeated and he just ran out time couple of times?

When are horn booster going to demand his head and his first born?

I'm still in wait and see mode. They've blown a lot of games they had no business losing which is extremely frustrating but they have continued to get better over the season. They've also had some bad luck/officiating, for which I don't blame him.

He's for sure better than Herman, Strong, or lame duck era Mack Brown. The program is definitely in better shape today than when he inherited it. In two years, he's completely rebuilt the offensive line and it's in the best shape than it's been since 2006. Recruiting is very good and if he can't capitalize on NIL at Texas, then he is a complete moron. They would have to have a total collapse next year for him to get fired, but otherwise he is almost a certainty to get four years. Talk to me then.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,138
    i hadnt seen that xavier worthy was officially in the portal.

we? throw the football a fuckton and would be cool to see him portal here before the bowl game, not a dry eye in the house.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Doogles said:

Watched highlights of Bijan and couldn't help but think about Gaskin. Very very similar styles of running. Sets up blocks, patience, quick explosive cuts that get him free into space...If he plays he's going to have a career day against our D.

I was inspired to watch Gaskin highlights and fuck we were spoiled.

Gaskin is all time husky great. To bad his career nfl might be coming to an end.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,627 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Doogles said:

Watched highlights of Bijan and couldn't help but think about Gaskin. Very very similar styles of running. Sets up blocks, patience, quick explosive cuts that get him free into space...If he plays he's going to have a career day against our D.

I was inspired to watch Gaskin highlights and fuck we were spoiled.

Gaskin is all time husky great. To bad his career nfl might be coming to an end.
    Yes but UW had it pretty good with Polk and Sankey who played on some pretty shitty teams in comparison to Gaskin.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,854 Founders Club

Is now our 2nd most popular Bowl opponent

This will be #3.

We've played Michigan 4 times

Race is slipping.

We’ve played Iowa in 3 bowl games.

We’ve also played Bammer 3 times.

So Texas is tied for 2nd with Bammer & Hawkeye?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,854 Founders Club

First off... congrats on a great season. It's been awhile since I've been on here.

Doogles said:

Texas fans are pretty delusional about their prospects under Sark. Their boards are a carbon copy of Dawgman circa 2013.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. It's a mixed bag. The jury is still most definitely out. His recruiting has been great, but nobody is sure how much of that is due to him or the massive NIL program now in place. For those who have already bailed on him, they point to the big leads blown in game after game dating back to last year and a misuse of Bijan Robinson. Texas probably should have won the conference this year or at least have been in the championship game. For those who are still on board with him, they point to playing a freshman QB, two true freshmen on the oline (which Sark has done a great job of rebuilding after a decade of neglect), and a much improved defense. There is also the notion that his prior record was tainted by his drinking so nobody knows just how good of a head coach he could really be.

Personally, I think Texas is the easiest place in the country to win now that NIL is here. Hire good assistants, recruit/buy the best high school and transfer players in the country, and try not to fuck it up. I'm still in wait and see mode. It doesn't matter though. If he doesn't get the job done we will just shitcan him and go find the next guy and cycle through until we find somebody.

Also... I live in San Antonio if anybody needs any bar or restaurant recs.
    Where do you get your hookers and blow?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,349 Founders Club

First off... congrats on a great season. It's been awhile since I've been on here.

Doogles said:

Texas fans are pretty delusional about their prospects under Sark. Their boards are a carbon copy of Dawgman circa 2013.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. It's a mixed bag. The jury is still most definitely out. His recruiting has been great, but nobody is sure how much of that is due to him or the massive NIL program now in place. For those who have already bailed on him, they point to the big leads blown in game after game dating back to last year and a misuse of Bijan Robinson. Texas probably should have won the conference this year or at least have been in the championship game. For those who are still on board with him, they point to playing a freshman QB, two true freshmen on the oline (which Sark has done a great job of rebuilding after a decade of neglect), and a much improved defense. There is also the notion that his prior record was tainted by his drinking so nobody knows just how good of a head coach he could really be.

Personally, I think Texas is the easiest place in the country to win now that NIL is here. Hire good assistants, recruit/buy the best high school and transfer players in the country, and try not to fuck it up. I'm still in wait and see mode. It doesn't matter though. If he doesn't get the job done we will just shitcan him and go find the next guy and cycle through until we find somebody.

Also... I live in San Antonio if anybody needs any bar or restaurant recs.
    What's the best bar to get a blowjob out back behind the dumpster?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,349 Founders Club

Longhorn here.

Hope it will be a good game, but you never know who will end up sitting out the game if Bijan sits out, UT is likely in a world of hurt. He is just too much of our offense and too unique for the backup RBs to replace. They are not bad, but no where near his level. I have no idea if UW has anyone significant that will sit out or not. It appears that Penix is coming back, so he will be there. Ewers has been 'eh' this year, not a world-beater for sure, and for the bowl game his backup (Hudson Card) will presumably not be playing since he entered the TP, along with our leading receiver (Xavier Worthy). Card actually looks much better statistically then Ewers in almost all metrics and it isn't a small sample size (108 att for Card vs 249 for Ewers).

UT apparently is a 4.5 favorite, which seems a bit ridiculous without Bijan committing to play yet. Even if he is playing, UT has an 'average' pass defense, at best, which does not bode well for the Longhorns. The pass rush has been 'average' as well -not terrible, but not something to tout. If Bijan declares he is sitting out, the odds should swing heavily in UWs favor in a hurry.

Looks like I will be going with a friend of mine who is a UW alum ('97) and we will be sitting on the UW side :). If you haven't been to the Alamo Bowl in person, it really is a great place to have a bowl game. Both teams usually get on a couple of the river boats and motor around the riverwalk (and the bands usually do, as well, and play as they go) and it is decked out in lights etc for Christmas. Not a lot to do on the riverwalk but eat or drink, but that generally suffices.

This is a good post. I still hope you get run over by a tampon delivery truck.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,968
    Texas always shits the bed in bowl games.

UW 31
    UT 27

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,138
    whlinder said:
    internet sayin he came home and found sark in bed with pool boy while his wife watched.

fucked up situation all around.