Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Texas

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,953 Founders Club
    edited December 2022
    Doogles said:

Texas fans are pretty delusional about their prospects under Sark. Their boards are a carbon copy of Dawgman circa 2013.

Sark delusion is potent everywhere he goes
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,349 Founders Club
    edited December 2022

How does Sark keep looking more retarded?
    He has the Sling Blade look on lock.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club

Is now our 2nd most popular Bowl opponent

This will be #3.

We've played Michigan 4 times

Race is slipping.

We’ve played Iowa in 3 bowl games.
    So Texas is still second

That's what I thought
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,651 Founders Club

First off... congrats on a great season. It's been awhile since I've been on here.

Doogles said:

Texas fans are pretty delusional about their prospects under Sark. Their boards are a carbon copy of Dawgman circa 2013.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. It's a mixed bag. The jury is still most definitely out. His recruiting has been great, but nobody is sure how much of that is due to him or the massive NIL program now in place. For those who have already bailed on him, they point to the big leads blown in game after game dating back to last year and a misuse of Bijan Robinson. Texas probably should have won the conference this year or at least have been in the championship game. For those who are still on board with him, they point to playing a freshman QB, two true freshmen on the oline (which Sark has done a great job of rebuilding after a decade of neglect), and a much improved defense. There is also the notion that his prior record was tainted by his drinking so nobody knows just how good of a head coach he could really be.

Personally, I think Texas is the easiest place in the country to win now that NIL is here. Hire good assistants, recruit/buy the best high school and transfer players in the country, and try not to fuck it up. I'm still in wait and see mode. It doesn't matter though. If he doesn't get the job done we will just shitcan him and go find the next guy and cycle through until we find somebody.

Also... I live in San Antonio if anybody needs any bar or restaurant recs.
    I'll take you up on that offer. Where can I find the coldest beer in town?
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,778

Who uses their pinky for this?
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,138
    espn bowl prediction:

Valero Alamo Bowl: Texas Longhorns vs. Washington Huskies
    Alamodome (San Antonio, Texas) | Tickets
    This will be a tough draw for Washington, which helped Utah get to the Pac-12 title game, only to lose a potential Rose Bowl spot when the Utes beat USC. The Huskies now enter a virtual road environment against Texas, which has won four straight bowl games, including two in the Alamo. Will Longhorns star running back Bijan Robinson play or opt out? Washington quarterback Michael Penix Jr. leads the nation's No. 1 pass offense. Expect a good amount of scoring, but Texas has the edge with its defense and the location.
    Prediction: Texas 38, Washington 35

1) he aint playin

2) texas defense?
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,778

espn bowl prediction:

This will be a tough draw for Washington, which helped Utah get to the Pac-12 title game, only to lose a potential Rose Bowl spot when the Utes beat USC. The Huskies now enter a virtual road environment against Texas, which has won four straight bowl games, including two in the Alamo. Will Longhorns star running back Bijan Robinson play or opt out? Washington quarterback Michael Penix Jr. leads the nation's No. 1 pass offense. Expect a good amount of scoring, but Texas has the edge with its defense and the location.

1) he aint playin

2) texas defense?

Time to consult with Shaw how to wreck kwat
  • Mitch_CumsteenMitch_Cumsteen Member Posts: 78

First off... congrats on a great season. It's been awhile since I've been on here.

Doogles said:

I don't think that's necessarily the case. It's a mixed bag. The jury is still most definitely out. His recruiting has been great, but nobody is sure how much of that is due to him or the massive NIL program now in place. For those who have already bailed on him, they point to the big leads blown in game after game dating back to last year and a misuse of Bijan Robinson. Texas probably should have won the conference this year or at least have been in the championship game. For those who are still on board with him, they point to playing a freshman QB, two true freshmen on the oline (which Sark has done a great job of rebuilding after a decade of neglect), and a much improved defense. There is also the notion that his prior record was tainted by his drinking so nobody knows just how good of a head coach he could really be.

Personally, I think Texas is the easiest place in the country to win now that NIL is here. Hire good assistants, recruit/buy the best high school and transfer players in the country, and try not to fuck it up. I'm still in wait and see mode. It doesn't matter though. If he doesn't get the job done we will just shitcan him and go find the next guy and cycle through until we find somebody.

Also... I live in San Antonio if anybody needs any bar or restaurant recs.
    I'll take you up on that offer. Where can I find the coldest beer in town?
    You're going to have be more a little more specific. Do you want a dive that serves bottled beer only or a craft beer place with tons of taps?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,869 Swaye's Wigwam

Is now our 2nd most popular Bowl opponent

This will be #3.

We've played Michigan 4 times

Race is slipping.

We’ve played Iowa in 3 bowl games.
    So Texas is still second

That's what I thought
    Yes, in a 3 way for "2nd most popular Bowl opponent".

I don't know what the tie breaker scenarios are here.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,715 Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

espn bowl prediction:

1) he aint playin

2) texas defense?

Time to consult with Shaw how to wreck kwat
    Throw to long-haired tight ends and run the ball.

We’re? screwed.