Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Prime to the Colorado Buffaloes?!

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado was a nice stepping stone for the now legendary Mel Tucker

Smart move

And I think Deion can coach. The Big 12 gets a good one
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Colorado was a nice stepping stone for the now legendary Mel Tucker

Smart move

And I think Deion can coach. The Big 12 gets a good one

TYFYS
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,816
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,268
    Standard Supporter
    Lots of people want to shit on this. I won’t.

This is what Arizona St thought they were doing with Herm, but with a billion times more swag and ability to pull in talent. The dude connects.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    whlinder said:

Lots of people want to shit on this. I won’t.

This is what Arizona St thought they were doing with Herm, but with a billion times more swag and ability to pull in talent. The dude connects.

Anyone who thought Herm was this is a moron. Herm hadn’t coached college or recruited. No swag, all wet rag.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is a great hire until it isn’t. Sizzle, recruiting and contention for the coveted off season natty. For a program that’s cratered this works. If the in the field product is deemed to be lacking the cupboard will be stocked for the next guy. If Sanders kills it and moves to the SEC the cupboard will be stocked for the next guy. Win/win.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If only there was a transfer portal where players could go from one school to another
    I’m guessing those players aren’t SWAC either. Boulder is beautiful this tim of year.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just like that Deion isn't SWAC and now never will be

You ain't SWAC man
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I watched the introduction meeting video of Coach “Prime” and want to take back what I said in another thread about him being Herm 2.0.

While his constant “I’m Comin’” mantra was a little cheesy, the fact that he said he was clearing out all the dead wood right out of the gate was impressive. I’ve never heard a coach say something like that.

I hope he does well. I’m sure he’ll bolt for a flashier job should he have any success, but hopefully my Buffs will be entertained in the meantime.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I watched the introduction meeting video of Coach “Prime” and want to take back what I said in another thread about him being Herm 2.0.

While his constant “I’m Comin’” mantra was a little cheesy, the fact that he said he was clearing out all the dead wood right out of the gate was impressive. I’ve never heard a coach say something like that.

I hope he does well. I’m sure he’ll bolt for a flashier job should he have any success, but hopefully my Beaver will be entertained in the meantime.

hardy har har.....
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

I hope he does well. I’m sure he’ll bolt for a flashier job should he have any success, but hopefully my Beaver will be entertained in the meantime.

hardy har har.....
    Joke’s on you…I’ve got a magnificent Capybara.
    pics???
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hope he does well. I’m sure he’ll bolt for a flashier job should he have any success, but hopefully my Buffs will be entertained in the meantime.

Agree, it was cheesy but he set the tone. A coach with that type of ego and direct aggression is going to demand alphas only, and you could feel how soft that room was.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Agree, it was cheesy but he set the tone. A coach with that type of ego and direct aggression is going to demand alphas only, and you could feel how soft that room was.
    Absolutely. One player meekly asking, “what are you going to do about the injured players?” said it all.

Oh, and Deion’s three piece suit and tie was on fucking point!!!
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

They were all scared out of their minds. They could barely think of a few questions to ask of their new HC and the floor was totally open.