Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Whenever I see videos of other team's stadiums and fans

Comments

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,828
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

We’d need to go back to 58,000 seats, have the Hawks leave, and be in the running for the CFP.

Disagree about the stadium capacity, due to design. For one, the design amplifies noise. And secondly still looks fine on TV as the most empty sections (other than student section, another discussion altogether) is out of general camera view.

The stadium is far down, if not at bottom of the list of issues with Husky Football.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    <

Canadawg said:

You don't need to be a musical connoisseur like @YellowSnow to get the crowd having fun and engaged with the culture. I'm sure the AD can find some fun local music to play that gets the crowd into it. I don't really get slamming the Ducks doing it because people are constantly complaining that husky stadium doesn't have that engagement

Not slamming the ducks. They have their gay thing. Point is we have nothing. Gay or otherwise. What we have is people driving boats and fancy coffee culture not showing up until late in the 1st quarter and a 61% empty stadium at kick off.
    Seattle in general seems to have a bit of an identity(or lack of identity) crisis from the last two decades of change.

Without getting too tuggy the days of the TUFF logging camp are long gone, even the grunge days are way past. Seattle is now a couple of shallow stereotypes about throwing fish and coffee shops populated by a lot of transplants. Reminds me kind of San Diego in its lack of authentic character bc of the influx of out of towners.
    That and UW being so hard to get into nowadays. The instate bro types can’t get in. The sons of those loggers aren’t getting in. there are an outlier or two, but academis and big time football don’t seem to go together.

A shitty AD, a large stretch of shitty football, late kick offs, etc. It has all contributed.
    The academis prowess part has little to do with it IMO. Kids at high level schools go to games and lose their shit everywhere. Michigan and Wisky have no problem filling their stadiums, with the former being a clearly harder admit than UW, and Wisky is probably at or above the same level for admissions and is usually ranked higher. Texas is another that comes to mind. Florida now outranks UW and is also harder to get into. Look at Yella's US News list. Georgia is very solid public and is not a walk-in admit either and they lose their shit at games. SC is significantly harder to get into and outranks UW now and they don't seem to be any different from a football support standpoint. And ND games are always full and that fan base is crazy.

I generally think the academis prowess argument, insofar as it really having a negative effect on how football is supported, is more a thing at universities whose entire identity and culture is based on academis prowess AND that hackneyed fake "we don't care about sports" is internalized. Cal is the prime example. Vanderbilt ... maybe Northwestern. Fuck even Duke and Stanford care about sports.

And, of course, everybody's football players are equally dumb, so we're all TBS the same human beings.

I think it's a Seattle problem. Tech guys other than @haie generally prefer scarves and screaming "Goooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!" because it goes with listening to Cold Play and being progressive.

SC has legions of followers(who never went to college) from the days that LA had no pro ball and the trooj was fighting for ships.

The TUFF south central guys are the new TUFF loggers.

Was on a jobsite this week with a bunch of TUFF pipeliners talking SC ball. I'm the only one who has stepped foot on the academis campus.

#fighton
    Did you make a deal with Union Oil to get your Kern field play out to the sea ? That’s where the real money is.
    Doing work on an old standard oil line from Huntington Beach to the refineries from back when HB was oilers TUFF.

My Mom is Huntington Beach HS Class of 1967. She’s OG Oiler.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,107
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

<

Canadawg said:

You don't need to be a musical connoisseur like @YellowSnow to get the crowd having fun and engaged with the culture. I'm sure the AD can find some fun local music to play that gets the crowd into it. I don't really get slamming the Ducks doing it because people are constantly complaining that husky stadium doesn't have that engagement

Not slamming the ducks. They have their gay thing. Point is we have nothing. Gay or otherwise. What we have is people driving boats and fancy coffee culture not showing up until late in the 1st quarter and a 61% empty stadium at kick off.
    Seattle in general seems to have a bit of an identity(or lack of identity) crisis from the last two decades of change.

Without getting too tuggy the days of the TUFF logging camp are long gone, even the grunge days are way past. Seattle is now a couple of shallow stereotypes about throwing fish and coffee shops populated by a lot of transplants. Reminds me kind of San Diego in its lack of authentic character bc of the influx of out of towners.
    That and UW being so hard to get into nowadays. The instate bro types can’t get in. The sons of those loggers aren’t getting in. there are an outlier or two, but academis and big time football don’t seem to go together.

A shitty AD, a large stretch of shitty football, late kick offs, etc. It has all contributed.
    The academis prowess part has little to do with it IMO. Kids at high level schools go to games and lose their shit everywhere. Michigan and Wisky have no problem filling their stadiums, with the former being a clearly harder admit than UW, and Wisky is probably at or above the same level for admissions and is usually ranked higher. Texas is another that comes to mind. Florida now outranks UW and is also harder to get into. Look at Yella's US News list. Georgia is very solid public and is not a walk-in admit either and they lose their shit at games. SC is significantly harder to get into and outranks UW now and they don't seem to be any different from a football support standpoint. And ND games are always full and that fan base is crazy.

I generally think the academis prowess argument, insofar as it really having a negative effect on how football is supported, is more a thing at universities whose entire identity and culture is based on academis prowess AND that hackneyed fake "we don't care about sports" is internalized. Cal is the prime example. Vanderbilt ... maybe Northwestern. Fuck even Duke and Stanford care about sports.

And, of course, everybody's football players are equally dumb, so we're all TBS the same human beings.

I think it's a Seattle problem. Tech guys other than @haie generally prefer scarves and screaming "Goooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!" because it goes with listening to Cold Play and being progressive.

SC has legions of followers(who never went to college) from the days that LA had no pro ball and the trooj was fighting for ships.

Was on a jobsite this week with a bunch of TUFF pipeliners talking SC ball. I'm the only one who has stepped foot on the academis campus.

#fighton
    Did you make a deal with Union Oil to get your Kern field play out to the sea ? That’s where the real money is.
    Doing work on an old standard oil line from Huntington Beach to the refineries from back when HB was oilers TUFF.

Really shameful the California public schools allow such a non-climate friendly nickname to stand.

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,409
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

<

Canadawg said:

#fighton

Pics?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

<

Canadawg said:

#fighton

Really shameful the California public schools allow such a non-climate friendly nickname to stand.

HB isn't very woke. Axe @UW_Doog_Bot .
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

<

Canadawg said:

#fighton

The woke LA transplants have tried. The TUFF oilfield locals are still having none of it.

For further discussion I'll take it to the tug.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

<

Canadawg said:

#fighton

The woke LA transplants have tried. The TUFF oilfield locals are still having none of it.

For further discussion I'll take it to the tug.
    Respeck for your respeck of decorum.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,645
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

THIS
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

TheHB said:

We’d need to go back to 58,000 seats, have the Hawks leave, and be in the running for the CFP.

Disagree about the stadium capacity, due to design. For one, the design amplifies noise. And secondly still looks fine on TV as the most empty sections (other than student section, another discussion altogether) is out of general camera view.

The stadium is far down, if not at bottom of the list of issues with Husky Football.
    This.

At some point -- probably when the new stadium opened or close to it -- UW's braintrust (I like to call an organization's leadership braintrust. I do that.) thought it needed to replicate the Seahawks experience. Coming off the heels of really shitty football, the thinking was that it was vital to provide canned enthusiasm to engage the crowd. I know the Zone started before that, but it only got worse and pretty soon, the actual game on the field became secondary to all the other shit. Moving the students to the end zone in a money grab was another bad move. It all just piled up to become the fuckall of a gameday experience we have today.

It lost that college feelin', now it's gone ... gone ... gone. Woah.
    UW needed to get down its knees for us, to make us love the Dawgs like we used to do.

Instead, they got too fucking greedy.
    The mismanagement of the $50 million per year football program over the past 3 decades has yet to show all its warts.

Born in 87, I'm probably the cutoff for remaining Jack Doogs.

Even then, It's taken a real special blend of mental illness and retardation to keep me going this long.
    You have a super human level of Jack Doog, sports dork passion for the program. I don't see that coming down the pike from many Gen Z kids.
    We didn't win a national title in their life times.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    Swaye's Wigwam

You fat finger the 5 and meant 4 ?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Virginia Tech has Enter Sandman
    Wiscy has Jump
    Oregon has Shout
    Tennessee has Rocky Top

UW's sing along is Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus

The defense rests your honor

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    Founders Club

I personally think its tim to move the students back to the sideline.

How about playing “Shout” at the end of the 3rd.
    I was hoping for Macklemore but I’ll accept this as well. Maybe Jump Around or My Posse’s on Broadway or even Louie Louie.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,668
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Wiscy has Jump
    Oregon has Shout
    Tennessee has Rocky Top

Actually every one of those is lame except Virginia Tech.

They play Alice in Chains earlier in the games, I just go get a couple beers when they start the 4th quarter lame shit with cellphones. It's not a huge deal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

Wiscy has Jump
    Oregon has Shout
    Tennessee has Rocky Top

Actually every one of those is lame except Virginia Tech.

They play Alice in Chains earlier in the games, I just go get a couple beers when they start the 4th quarter lame shit with cellphones. It's not a huge deal.
    In terms of engagement 4 of the 5 fan bases don't fine them lame.

Will say Captain Husky is cool though.