Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Whenever I see videos of other team's stadiums and fans

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,047
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

You don't need to be a musical connoisseur like @YellowSnow to get the crowd having fun and engaged with the culture. I'm sure the AD can find some fun local music to play that gets the crowd into it. I don't really get slamming the Ducks doing it because people are constantly complaining that husky stadium doesn't have that engagement

Not slamming the ducks. They have their gay thing. Point is we have nothing. Gay or otherwise. What we have is people driving boats and fancy coffee culture not showing up until late in the 1st quarter and a 61% empty stadium at kick off.
    Seattle in general seems to have a bit of an identity(or lack of identity) crisis from the last two decades of change.

Without getting too tuggy the days of the TUFF logging camp are long gone, even the grunge days are way past. Seattle is now a couple of shallow stereotypes about throwing fish and coffee shops populated by a lot of transplants. Reminds me kind of San Diego in its lack of authentic character bc of the influx of out of towners.
    We? should have handled the out of towners when we? had a chance.

Us Kali-fags are an unstoppable force.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,378
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

You don't need to be a musical connoisseur like @YellowSnow to get the crowd having fun and engaged with the culture. I'm sure the AD can find some fun local music to play that gets the crowd into it. I don't really get slamming the Ducks doing it because people are constantly complaining that husky stadium doesn't have that engagement

Not slamming the ducks. They have their gay thing. Point is we have nothing. Gay or otherwise. What we have is people driving boats and fancy coffee culture not showing up until late in the 1st quarter and a 61% empty stadium at kick off.
    Seattle in general seems to have a bit of an identity(or lack of identity) crisis from the last two decades of change.

Without getting too tuggy the days of the TUFF logging camp are long gone, even the grunge days are way past. Seattle is now a couple of shallow stereotypes about throwing fish and coffee shops populated by a lot of transplants. Reminds me kind of San Diego in its lack of authentic character bc of the influx of out of towners.
    I might add that it seems like a lotta of the type of bros that used to go to UW in the 80s and 90s are Kewgs material these days in terms of academics but I'll let @creepycoug weigh in.
    Hi there.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Eh. Washington just needs to WIN

Covid and Jimmy Lake did not help
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Eh. Washington just needs to WIN

Covid and Jimmy Lake did not help

No. 2015-2019 sucked too.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I might add that it seems like a lotta of the type of bros that used to go to UW in the 80s and 90s are Kewgs material these days in terms of academics but I'll let @creepycoug weigh in.
    @WhiskeyDawg? True?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

To be honest that sounds and looks gay.

Doesn’t get gayer than this though.

https://youtu.be/5K3w7CKkeOQ
    Still better than anything produced during the Ramming era of Washington.
    That’s the point. Nothing was produced.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,956

Canadawg said:

People forget the bros of the 80's and 90's are from the Baby Buster generation. Pretty much if you could breathe, you were getting into whatever school you wanted. It was a supply/demand thing. Schools needed to keep enrollment up to pay the bills. Also about the time colleges started venturing out to high schools and setting up tables in the front hall promoting their school.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

People forget the bros of the 80's and 90's are from the Baby Buster generation. Pretty much if you could breathe, you were getting into whatever school you wanted. It was a supply/demand thing. Schools needed to keep enrollment up to pay the bills. Also about the time colleges started venturing out to high schools and setting up tables in the front hall promoting their school.

Yup. The college fair thing was interesting. One guy almost hooked me into Gonzaga.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

LawDawg1 said:

To be honest that sounds and looks gay.

Doesn’t get gayer than this though.

https://youtu.be/5K3w7CKkeOQ
    Hold my beer…

https://youtu.be/9rPQYQkvNGQ

• Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think 70,000 is too many to fill these days for any West Coast Football program in 2022 except for the rivalry games or big out of conference games. The factors that made Husky Stadium an easy sell out in the 90s are long, long gone and they ain't coming back.

Autzen looks good on the TV because it's 54,000. Same thing with the @89ute and the MUSS at like 45,000.

Point still valid.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

That and UW being so hard to get into nowadays. The instate bro types can’t get in. The sons of those loggers aren’t getting in. there are an outlier or two, but academis and big time football don’t seem to go together.

A shitty AD, a large stretch of shitty football, late kick offs, etc. It has all contributed.
    So on the “Hamilton to 520 traffic scale” of reasons why UW fans can’t be in their seats at kick off, where does lack of bros due UW being to hard to get into rank?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

I think 70,000 is too many to fill these days for any West Coast Football program in 2022 except for the rivalry games or big out of conference games. The factors that made Husky Stadium an easy sell out in the 90s are long, long gone and they ain't coming back.

Autzen looks good on the TV because it's 54,000. Same thing with the @89ute and the MUSS at like 45,000.

Point still valid.
    Well, back when I living there it was 45,000. I think you guysm added a few.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,150
    What’s wrong with the list? The Huskies are playing in Boulder this weekend.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,311
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

@derekjohnsonbooks@hotmail.com

Fudgie true???
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

Canadawg said:

That's a good poont. During the baby bust of the early 70's through the early 80s we were well below replacement (i.e., 2.1 kids per female). My dad and mom did their part to keep the country going though and had 3 kids.

Maybe UW will get easier in 18 years after the current baby bust.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

That's a good poont. During the baby bust of the early 70's through the early 80s we were well below replacement (i.e., 2.1 kids per female). My dad and mom did their part to keep the country going though and had 3 kids.

Seems like the SEC didn’t have a baby bust. Packed stands to start the game.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

Canadawg said:

Post baby bust and return to higher fertility rates, the SEC school were still easy for cousin fucker, frat boys to get into.

Remember @SECDAWG ?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

Canadawg said:

Post baby bust and return to higher fertility rates, the SEC school were still easy for cousin fucker, frat boys to get into.

Remember @SECDAWG ?
    I’m going to need a citation on that as the cause of empty UW seats at kickoff.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

Canadawg said:

Remember @SECDAWG ?
    I’m going to need a citation on that as the cause of empty UW seats at kickoff.
    It's a hypothesis that many have put forward here. I don't know if it's provable or not.

Seems to make sense to me.