Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We will be podding at around 10am this morning

13»

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,577 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

Best college football atmosphere I've ever been to.

LOL, you're joking right?

There are (at least) eight CFB "atmospheres" within 5 hours of ATL that put Autzen to shame: Athens, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Clemson, Columbia, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Oxford.

You oughta take a few days off, charge up the EV, head down South and live a little
    Agree. More minus points for the “hey” song, the 7 nation army chant, Don’t Stop Believing sing along, Thunderstruck, Jump Around and many other stadium cliches I can’t remember. And fat middle aged goateed receiver glove wearing Springfield trash who think all of the above is cool and Oregon invented it all. It’s like they have Jock Jams on a loop. Also, their band is awful. I don’t know what that style is called but they have a fucking orchestra on the sidelines with kettle drums, base guitar and other bullshit. Weird male gymnast looking pants too. Need @MelloDawg to weigh in on the band.
    I will say, the losing your mind screaming over a 3-4 yard first down run is a little too SEC SEC SEC retard fuck for me.

But a bunch of ducks almost as blacked out as me came up and just wanted to talk Pac 12 football. I was expecting them to push me down the stairs but they actually wheeled me up to the beer stand instead.
    Holy fuckall... Pup!? Is that you!?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    I came back for the hawt band talk and I’m not disappointed.
  • It’s gay for a college marching band to do whatever that is. They also had multiple xylophones.

In comparison to HBCU bands, all others are lame.

Fine women shaking they asses while the band blasts something new >>> Ken Griswold-type ENBY's "marching" to lifeless renditions of wimpy dad rock

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam

It’s gay for a college marching band to do whatever that is. They also had multiple xylophones.

In comparison to HBCU bands, all others are lame.

Fine women shaking they asses while the band blasts something new >>> Ken Griswold-type ENBY's "marching" to lifeless renditions of wimpy dad rock

And you found a mellophone player too.

Correct on HBCUs though.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,065 Founders Club

haie said:

haie said:

Best college football atmosphere I've ever been to.

LOL, you're joking right?

There are (at least) eight CFB "atmospheres" within 5 hours of ATL that put Autzen to shame: Athens, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Clemson, Columbia, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Oxford.

You oughta take a few days off, charge up the EV, head down South and live a little
    Agree. More minus points for the “hey” song, the 7 nation army chant, Don’t Stop Believing sing along, Thunderstruck, Jump Around and many other stadium cliches I can’t remember. And fat middle aged goateed receiver glove wearing Springfield trash who think all of the above is cool and Oregon invented it all. It’s like they have Jock Jams on a loop. Also, their band is awful. I don’t know what that style is called but they have a fucking orchestra on the sidelines with kettle drums, base guitar and other bullshit. Weird male gymnast looking pants too. Need @MelloDawg to weigh in on the band.
    I will say, the losing your mind screaming over a 3-4 yard first down run is a little too SEC SEC SEC retard fuck for me.

But a bunch of ducks almost as blacked out as me came up and just wanted to talk Pac 12 football. I was expecting them to push me down the stairs but they actually wheeled me up to the beer stand instead.
    I was amused when the ducks had the ball on a 3rd down the crowd would start to get loud and self appointed noise monitors would be annoyed and work furiously to gesture for the crowd to quiet down. Fucking amateur hour.

I had no problems with fans. Normal stupid comments. Not the shit they did 20 years ago. I was looking for my tailgate and a duck tailgate asked where I was looking to go. They chatted me up and gave me a beer. He did make a comment about the huskies not being relevant since my Starter jacket was new. I reminded him UW was the last Pac-12 team to go to the FBS Playoff. He said “good point”. We laughed and laughed.
    Big belly laughs in the porking lot?