Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We will be podding at around 10am this morning

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club

Would love to hear @JoeEDangerously opine on the typical Quook douchebaggery leading up to this game. It seemed worse than usual this year. Other than the usual fan Twitter stuff, you had tons of random former players and even high school Oregon commits talking shit, Pussy Sewell doing the "dubs down" at his NFL game, Lanning making sure everyone knew about his totally original idea to play the Husky fight song during practice. There was even an interview with Oregon's Juco transfer guard whining about not getting a UW offer.

The list could go on and on, but in light of all that, @JoeEDangerously, how good does this win feel

It feels gooooooooooooddddddd
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    The most important question is how will this affect our SRS?!??

• 2girls1applecup2girls1applecup Member Posts: 80
    Happier Adams took a L or Taimani?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,797 Founders Club

Happier Adams took a L or Taimani?

Why not both?
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 650
    Do we? Still want lanning to go to auburn?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,910 Standard Supporter

They did not play scared

You aren't scared when you don't care.
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992
    edited November 2022
    haie said:

I don't watch the truck stop leagues.

Nice.

Sounds like something a feckless UW administrator would say to his spouse in a half-empty Husky Stadium
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,315 Swaye's Wigwam
    OreDawg said:

Just for the laughs, yes.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,263

What Bowel game do you think Penix and Odunze will sit out?

Why you gotta ruin the rest of the season like that?
    OreDawg said:

No, and neither does Auburn
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,201 Swaye's Wigwam
    Going to savor this one. Please talk lots of shit and pop off.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    i apologize for my negativity
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited November 2022

haie said:

Best college football atmosphere I've ever been to.

LOL, you're joking right?

There are (at least) eight CFB "atmospheres" within 5 hours of ATL that put Autzen to shame: Athens, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Clemson, Columbia, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Oxford.

You oughta take a few days off, charge up the EV, head down South and live a little
    Agree. More minus points for the “hey” song, the 7 nation army chant, Don’t Stop Believing sing along, Thunderstruck, Jump Around and many other stadium cliches I can’t remember. And fat middle aged goateed receiver glove wearing Springfield trash who think all of the above is cool and Oregon invented it all. It’s like they have Jock Jams on a loop. Also, their band is awful. I don’t know what that style is called but they have a fucking orchestra on the sidelines with kettle drums, base guitar and other bullshit. Weird male gymnast looking pants too. Need @MelloDawg to weigh in on the band.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,623 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

There are (at least) eight CFB "atmospheres" within 5 hours of ATL that put Autzen to shame: Athens, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Clemson, Columbia, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Oxford.

You oughta take a few days off, charge up the EV, head down South and live a little
    Agree. More minus points for the “hey” song, the 7 nation army chant, Don’t Stop Believing sing along, Thunderstruck, Jump Around and many other stadium cliches I can’t remember. And fat middle aged goateed receiver glove wearing Springfield trash who think all of the above is cool and Oregon invented it all. It’s like they have Jock Jams on a loop. Also, their band is awful. I don’t know what that style is called but they have a fucking orchestra on the sidelines with kettle drums, base guitar and other bullshit. Weird male gymnast looking pants too. Need @MelloDawg to weigh in on the band.
    I will say, the losing your mind screaming over a 3-4 yard first down run is a little too SEC SEC SEC retard fuck for me.

But a bunch of ducks almost as blacked out as me came up and just wanted to talk Pac 12 football. I was expecting them to push me down the stairs but they actually wheeled me up to the beer stand instead.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

haie said:

Oregon is a corps style band, similar to those one might see in Drum Corps International (think AAU teams but for marching band or, alternatively, actual band camp). I haven’t heard them in a while but their sound has always been good. Pit orchestra is standard for corps band, but not for college bands. In short, they’ve always stuck out as irregular in their style.

Extra credit for knowing kettle drums though.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

haie said:

Oregon is a corps style band, similar to those one might see in Drum Corps International (think AAU teams but for marching band or, alternatively, actual band camp). I haven’t heard them in a while but their sound has always been good. Pit orchestra is standard for corps band, but not for college bands. In short, they’ve always stuck out as irregular in their style.

It’s gay for a college marching band to do whatever that is. They also had multiple xylophones.
    They were probably mostly marimbas if that makes it better, maybe a xylophone in there somewhere though.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

haie said:

It’s gay for a college marching band to do whatever that is. They also had multiple xylophones.
    They were probably mostly marimbas if that makes it better, maybe a xylophone in there somewhere though.
    Whatever this thing is. All I know is it doesn’t belong in a marching band.