Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We will be podding at around 10am this morning

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,683 Founders Club
Speak now or forever hold your peace

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    Should the defensive staff be retained?

This is one of the worst defenses I remember seeing at uw. Talent outside of some of the d line is bad but we’re always out of position. Can’t line up correctly or the scheme sucks, not sure which.

The tackling is embarrassing. We had two ducks side by side both open sprinting down the field on 2nd and long. Can’t stop the run etc…
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    They did not play scared
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 951

Actual question: For those of us who didn't watch the game, did Rusty Ulofoshio play?

Yes and had the official “tackle” on the 4th down slip play
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

I have to give this place credit. Best college football atmosphere I've ever been to. People give a shit, and it's a shock to the senses after going to Stanford and Oregon State games. Even MSU crowd was pussy af compared to this. UW needs to ball the fuck up and give DeBoer an extension and start funneling STEM money to the recruits who were at this game.

Too many middle aged dorks with goatees in receivers gloves at Autzen though. That knocks it down at least 4-5 spots nationally
    Seriously, why are so many people wearing gloves?
  • haie said:

Best college football atmosphere I've ever been to.

LOL, you're joking right?

There are (at least) eight CFB "atmospheres" within 5 hours of ATL that put Autzen to shame: Athens, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Clemson, Columbia, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Oxford.

You oughta take a few days off, charge up the EV, head down South and live a little
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    Deboner said before the game (according to the broadcast) that Asa Turner had to play “an above average game” for them to win… well he didn’t.. but I’d still call it an average game? If a D+ is average?
    If Asa, or ANY safety for that matter, plays an above average game, do you think we win by two scores?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,153
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

I have to give this place credit. Best college football atmosphere I've ever been to. People give a shit, and it's a shock to the senses after going to Stanford and Oregon State games. Even MSU crowd was pussy af compared to this. UW needs to ball the fuck up and give DeBoer an extension and start funneling STEM money to the recruits who were at this game.

Too many middle aged dorks with goatees in receivers gloves at Autzen though. That knocks it down at least 4-5 spots nationally
    12th man syndrome
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Can I get a shoutout?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,153
    Would love to hear @JoeEDangerously opine on the typical Quook douchebaggery leading up to this game. It seemed worse than usual this year. Other than the usual fan Twitter stuff, you had tons of random former players and even high school Oregon commits talking shit, Pussy Sewell doing the "dubs down" at his NFL game, Lanning making sure everyone knew about his totally original idea to play the Husky fight song during practice. There was even an interview with Oregon's Juco transfer guard whining about not getting a UW offer.

The list could go on and on, but in light of all that, @JoeEDangerously, how good does this win feel
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,623 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Best college football atmosphere I've ever been to.

LOL, you're joking right?

There are (at least) eight CFB "atmospheres" within 5 hours of ATL that put Autzen to shame: Athens, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Clemson, Columbia, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Oxford.

You oughta take a few days off, charge up the EV, head down South and live a little
    I don't watch the truck stop leagues.