Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

MVP! MVP! MVP! (Deserved it's own thread)

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    UCLA kid, I could definitely see the clippers, or the lakers even if they find another building block piece to go with him
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

UCLA kid, I could definitely see the clippers, or the lakers even if they find another building block piece to go with him

Reunited with KLove?

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

If Lebron does that in 2010-2012 twitter would have fucking exploded.

Shit twitter was melting down still when Lebron passed to an open teammate who is an all-star going for the win.

People don't care about KD like they care about Bron. Bron's held to a higher standard, but he also has much more fanatical fans. KD's never been hailed as the greatest player of all time, so he gets away with a hell of a lot more.
    I think in a way that could hurt Durant. Lebron was humbled in 2011 and the entire nation turned on him. He went back to the drawing board and spent the entire time in the summer working out with Olajuwon on post moves.

With no pressure on Durant will he finally look in the mirror and realize he needs to fix his game?

Just asking questions as I don't know the answer. I know also superstars receive way too much heat after tough playoff losses and 81% of the time they are the least of the problems.
    I kind of feel like Lebron is this generation's MJ
    Lebron is this generation's MJ like Britney Spears is this generation's John Lennon. That's the fucking difference in skill level.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Shit twitter was melting down still when Lebron passed to an open teammate who is an all-star going for the win.

People don't care about KD like they care about Bron. Bron's held to a higher standard, but he also has much more fanatical fans. KD's never been hailed as the greatest player of all time, so he gets away with a hell of a lot more.
    I think in a way that could hurt Durant. Lebron was humbled in 2011 and the entire nation turned on him. He went back to the drawing board and spent the entire time in the summer working out with Olajuwon on post moves.

With no pressure on Durant will he finally look in the mirror and realize he needs to fix his game?

Just asking questions as I don't know the answer. I know also superstars receive way too much heat after tough playoff losses and 81% of the time they are the least of the problems.
    Lebron is this generation's MJ like Britney Spears is this generation's John Lennon. That's the fucking difference in skill level.
    MJ > Lebron but it's more like the diference between Jagger and Lennon. Lebron's an all time great. Britney's a chick who was hot for a short period of time and kissed Madonna.

Stop pressing.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

MJ > Lebron but it's more like the diference between Jagger and Lennon. Lebron's an all time great. Britney's a chick who was hot for a short period of time and kissed Madonna.

Stop pressing.
    Your comparison is pressing. Jagger could be on the same stage as Lennon. MJ would step on Lebron's fucking idiotic glasses, taunt him to do something about it, then proceed to mop the floor with the rest of his pre game hipster clown outfits while he's mentally dismantling him piece by piece. It's the difference in the toughness between the two. It's the difference in the toughness between the two generations.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Stop pressing.
    Your comparison is pressing. Jagger could be on the same stage as Lennon. MJ would step on Lebron's fucking idiotic glasses, taunt him to do something about it, then proceed to mop the floor with the rest of his pre game hipster outfits while he's mentally dismantling him piece by piece. It's the difference in the toughness between the two. It's the difference in the toughness between the two generations.
    I agree there's a big difference in tuffness. Your last poast you said there was a massive difference in skill level which is fucking stupid. If anything LBJ has more skills than MJ did. He can certainly do more defensively. Toughness is the real separator which is why MJ is #1 all time and LBJ probably ends up around #4 or #5, but it's not 2009 anymore, the Lebron is a pussy argument has pretty much been destroyed the last three years. He'll never have MJ's killer instinct but dude's performance in big games has been every bit as good as his talent lately.

Lebron's going to be a fucking legend, deal with it. Britney Spears my ass.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Mike never dressed like a corny ass dad? obkfs as usual.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Stop pressing.
    Your comparison is pressing. Jagger could be on the same stage as Lennon. MJ would step on Lebron's fucking idiotic glasses, taunt him to do something about it, then proceed to mop the floor with the rest of his pre game hipster outfits while he's mentally dismantling him piece by piece. It's the difference in the toughness between the two. It's the difference in the toughness between the two generations.
    MJ is #1 all time and LBJ probably ends up around #4 or #5
    4 or 5, getting close to being a benchwarmer in that league. Good job proving the point.
  • Options

Thank you. MJ spent more time worrying about what he was going to wear and what people were going to think about it than anyone in history. If he played in this era he damn sure would have been wearing hipster glasses and a backpack.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Stop pressing.
    4 or 5, getting close to being a benchwarmer in that league. Good job proving the point.
    4th or 5th best basketball player of all time = close to a benchwarmer?

CollegeDoog wants his reasoning skills back.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Stop pressing.

Pretty much, if the 5 guys on your team are the all time greats.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I kinda like MJ's Black Panther-y look here. (hi obk)
  • Options

I kinda like MJs Black Panther-y look here.

You're presenting a good case.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Stop pressing.

Pretty much, if the 5 guys on your team are the all time greats.
    It means that, just like Jagger with Lennon, Bron belongs on the court with the GOAT.

hth

For Sven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSnRq6iyHKg
  • Options
    Meh, both these guys are a product of their cultural era. It's pretty silly to conflate toughness with sartorial affectation, as it's a very different world from the 1980's.
  • Options

Meh, both these guys are a product of their cultural era. It's pretty silly to conflate toughness with sartorial affectation, as it's a very different world from the 1980's.

Ice Cube is still > Macklemore
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Clearly.

But again, the analogy is awful. 50 Cent is much closer to the Ice Cube of his era than Macklemore is. And yes, Cube > Fiddy. Macklemore's not even the DJ Yella of his era.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That top golf outfit doesn't belong with the other 2.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Clearly.

But again, the analogy is awful. 50 Cent is much closer to the Ice Cube of his era than Macklemore is. And yes, Cube > Fiddy. Macklemore's not even the DJ Yella of his era.
    I'm throwing out barbs here, not trying to make logical analogies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    OBK pressing in this thread is worse than PLSS discussing the SEC

Oh I don't think Durant leaves either. I can't see him and Westbrook leaving each other in fact.

Weird shit happens but they are more than teammates.