Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

MVP! MVP! MVP! (Deserved it's own thread)

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    a play that needs to be discussed more is early in OT OKC up 2 Durant has an elbow jumper for a 4 point lead that would have been demoralizing for SA. CLANG! Ginobili comes back and ties it on the other end. That was a huge miss
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    If Lebron does that in 2010-2012 twitter would have fucking exploded.

Shit twitter was melting down still when Lebron passed to an open teammate who is an all-star going for the win.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Shit twitter was melting down still when Lebron passed to an open teammate who is an all-star going for the win.

People don't care about KD like they care about Bron. Bron's held to a higher standard, but he also has much more fanatical fans. KD's never been hailed as the greatest player of all time, so he gets away with a hell of a lot more.
    dnc said:

People don't care about KD like they care about Bron. Bron's held to a higher standard, but he also has much more fanatical fans. KD's never been hailed as the greatest player of all time, so he gets away with a hell of a lot more.
    I think in a way that could hurt Durant. Lebron was humbled in 2011 and the entire nation turned on him. He went back to the drawing board and spent the entire time in the summer working out with Olajuwon on post moves.

With no pressure on Durant will he finally look in the mirror and realize he needs to fix his game?

Just asking questions as I don't know the answer. I know also superstars receive way too much heat after tough playoff losses and 81% of the time they are the least of the problems.

dnc said:

I think in a way that could hurt Durant. Lebron was humbled in 2011 and the entire nation turned on him. He went back to the drawing board and spent the entire time in the summer working out with Olajuwon on post moves.

With no pressure on Durant will he finally look in the mirror and realize he needs to fix his game?

Just asking questions as I don't know the answer. I know also superstars receive way too much heat after tough playoff losses and 81% of the time they are the least of the problems.
    I know their games are different, but I kind of feel like Lebron is this generation's MJ and Durant is this generation's Wilkins. Everybody loved Wilkins, but everybody feared Jordan. I'm not sure many players fear Durant.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    You guys are the biggest Johnny-lately's. You probably said the same shit about LeBron. Do any of you actually believe Durant is never winning a championship. Hopefully, this is just the SoooperSoonic coming out. Dominique Wilkins, Cockus?
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I know their games are different, but I kind of feel like Lebron is this generation's MJ and Durant is this generation's Wilkins. Everybody loved Wilkins, but everybody feared Jordan. I'm not sure many players fear Durant.
    Bill Simmons said yesterday "Could Durant and Westbrook be this generations Stockton and Malone to Lebron being MJ? You know the HOF duo in a small market who can't ever seem to get enough role players to get over the top. Role players don't travel on the road and Utah couldn't break through to the Finals until they finally got home court throughout the west for the first time."

I never thought about it that way but Durant-Westbrook could be this HOF combo that somehow doesn't win a title because they are in the Lebron era.

You guys are the biggest Johnny-lately's. You probably said the same shit about LeBron. Do any of you actually believe Durant is never winning a championship. Hopefully, this is just the SoooperSoonic coming out. Dominique Wilkins, Cockus?

If I had to guess I'd say Durant wins a title, but it's going to take a new coach or new GM or most likely abundance for that to happen. Durant's still my favorite player in the NBA but he really disappointed me the past 6 weeks.

dnc said:

dnc said:

Bill Simmons said yesterday "Could Durant and Westbrook be this generations Stockton and Malone to Lebron being MJ? You know the HOF duo in a small market who can't ever seem to get enough role players to get over the top. Role players don't travel on the road and Utah couldn't break through to the Finals until they finally got home court throughout the west for the first time."

I never thought about it that way but Durant-Westbrook could be this HOF combo that somehow doesn't win a title because they are in the Lebron era.
    Probably a better comparison.

Show me a post I said he is like Wilkins please.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Durant is 25 and taking the growing pains. Jordan and LeBron had them too. Not saying he will have their success, but chances are he will win a championship in the next few years. OKC has roster and coaching issues, but they have the best young nucleus in the NBA. Ibaka is 24 and Westbrook is 25. If Durant leaves after next year, it will be for a contender. Smart money is on him winning a championship in the next 3-4 years.
    dnc said:

If I had to guess I'd say Durant wins a title, but it's going to take a new coach or new GM or most likely abundance for that to happen. Durant's still my favorite player in the NBA but he really disappointed me the past 6 weeks.
    He'll win a title IMO however you never know. I mean MJ denied a lot of great guys who everyone thought for sure would win a title like Stockton-Malone, Ewing, Barkley, Payton-Kemp, Drexler(I know he won one but not as the guy). Those were all-time greats that I'm sure many felt they were going to win a title.

I think in a bigger market Durant can win. As Lebron found out role players are much more likely to play with you in a city that is a desirable place to live.

Battier, Lewis, Allen, Birdman probably aren't coming to play with him in Cleveland. But collect a check and live in South Beach? Fuck yea where do I sign?

Not to mention no way all-stars like Wade or Bosh would come play with him.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    How about the Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp of the 2010s, if that isn't fucking depressing.

How about the Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp of the 2010s, if that isn't fucking depressing.

So which one has the coke problem and has like 10 kids running around?
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Your eyes are as good as mine.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,560 Founders Club

I thought Baby Bron would eventually win one after the '11 Finals. The Heats just had too much talent. That's not really case w/ the Blunder. I think he's a free agent in either two or three years. So if he does leave, who knows. THere is a 50 50 chance right now, IMO.
    I would laugh so hard if Durant takes his talents to South Beach(by then Wade and Bosh should be up) to join a super team.

I would laugh so hard if Durant takes his talents to South Beach(by then Wade and Bosh should be up) to join a super team.

I don't see him leaving OKC ever, but if he did I'd guess he ends up on the Lakers or the Celtics if anywhere. He seems like a small town guy which is why I think he stays in OKC, but also like guy with a real appreciation of history.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I doubt durant leaves, but westbrook might
    edited June 2014
    dhdawg said:

I doubt durant leaves, but westbrook might

Agree with this, especially if he keeps being blamed for OKC's problems. But I definitely see Westbrook as a bright lights, big city guy. He could be Ballmer's first big FA splash, give him a chance to stick it to Clay Clay too.

And no, I haven't looked up the Clips salary cap situation and have no idea if they could afford RW whenever he becomes a FA. It was a throwaway comment, not actual analysis.