Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Travels with WoolleyDoog

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,369 Swaye's Wigwam
I've been MIA lately so want to keep you losers abreast of the recent odyssey I went on. I'm not posting photos because you can Google all this shit and for privacy reasons.

Berkeley
Went down to the Boss Baby Bowl. No hyperbole. Berkeley might be my least favorite place I've ever been. A lot of closed down businesses. A lot of homeless. Super unattractive population. Outside of the clock tower, not a remarkable campus. Way more students actually showed up than I thought would. Couldn't have been more than 1,000 Cal fans outside of that. I maybe have blacked out and partied with a homeless guy after the game.

I immediately flew from Berkeley to London

London & Ireland
Best looking women I've ever seen in my life in one place and they appeared happy. Overall, just such a giant upgrade over Berkeley or any American West Coast city really. Contrary to what as swipes here would tell you almost everyone in both countries seemed pretty stoked on America and talking to an American. Very little political shit anywhere. I partied all night in Galway with random non-homeless Irish people I met at a bar. So much beer drinking and no water drinking. Very little masking. There's a lot of shit I'm sure I like more about/in America but sharing the positive.

Went to the Jags/Broncos NFL game. The media would never tell you they packed Wembley with 80,000 + NFL fans from Europe. About 50,000 were Broncos fans. Met people in the bars who were born and raised in Germany and the UK and their entire family are Seahawk fans. Basically the opposite environment of a Seahawks game though. Fans don't eat or drink during the game and watch every single play. Absolutely no lines for food/drink or the bathrooms during play. Also not a single second devoted to virtue signaling. Saw several jerseys/gear of every NFL team, which was surreal. In the UW/Oregon national branding saw one weirdo likely virgin in Duck gear and one chick wearing a 90s Huskies sweater which I think she probably got at a lost and found.

Made it to the Phil Lynott statue in Dublin.

That is all.

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,640 Standard Supporter
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around all these hot women in London and Ireland. I mean, there are good looking women there, don't twist, but best looking ever?
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,369 Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around all these hot women in London and Ireland. I mean, there are good looking women there, don't twist, but best looking ever?

Absolutely yes, but I would say London over Ireland/Dublin. I would say the only comparison I could think of was Manhattan in the summer. I lived in LA for 10 plus years and there's a lot but they're much more spread out. I'm sure an All-American campus is stacked but I wouldn't really count that. I've been underwhelmed by big California cities and Miami.
  • HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 72

whlinder said:

Absolutely yes, but I would say London over Ireland/Dublin. I would say the only comparison I could think of was Manhattan in the summer. I lived in LA for 10 plus years and there's a lot but they're much more spread out. I'm sure an All-American campus is stacked but I wouldn't really count that. I've been underwhelmed by big California cities and Miami.
    You should visit Eastern Europe.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,369 Swaye's Wigwam

Mrs Snow announced recently that we're taking the fam to London for Spring Break this year. Plane tickets already bought. Should be a lovely time to be strolling about. I'll get a tan from standing in the English rain.

I got insanely lucky with weather. It was low-70s and high 60s almost everyday I was in London in late October.

whlinder said:

That makes a lot of sense. I've heard they're super interested in Americans as well.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,640 Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

Bingo.

And Southern Europe.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,366 Founders Club

whlinder said:

And there you have it, the number 1 spot and it isn't close. Went to a titty bar named Medusa on Crete, and the entire staff of sluts is flown in from Croatia/Estonia/Czechoslovakia/Romania/etc. and they are just lights out hot. Best looking girls at any titty bar anywhere bar none. I spent a bunch of time in Budapest and they were fire. Fucking love Eastern European girls.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    The Ukraine girls really knock me out.