Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sober Sark?

124»

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2022

Also, you? don't really know DeBoer yet, and I'd say Oregon doesn't really know Lanning yet. Both coaches were able to get very helpful x-fer QBs because of prior relationships. Both QBs have been pretty key to each team's success thus far and helped each coach make a big initial splash. When those two dudes are gone, both programs will find out what they have.

I agree with "it's always a crapshoot" and I agree that PNW programs don't tend to shoot high.

He has developed multiple qb’s into good passers. Haener sucked at uw and excelled at Fresno also. Penix has been good/great with him. Wr play at all his stops has been good. I don’t worry about DeBoer on that side of The ball or putting in effort on the recruiting trail. He was cutthroat willing to take haener and cropper before academis got in the way also which I like.

Can he attract a good staff a play the game of recruiting high demand talent? I don’t know on that and we know the AD will be worthless on that front. So he is not a sure thing, just better than Campbell at this point.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2022
    dtd said:

Oregon is going to re-do Lanning's contract the year he loses perhaps the 2nd best UO QB of all tim, the entire OL, the best edge, the best DL, the best corner and the best safety.

Right.

OTOH, as far as Lanning goes, I assume he gets credit for bringing in Gonzalez and the two RBs. So he's demonstrated in a small sample size that he can perform in the portal. Not sure about DeBoner other than Penix, which was a big get.

Truth is, love him or hate him, Mario left Lanning something to work with even though there were a bunch/handful of x-fers out when he left. Besides the obvious O line, which may be the only thing Cristobal is really good at, there are a lot of other positions on both sides of the ball that benefited from Mario's recruiting. Lanning appears to be a good recruiter in his own right, but it's awfully warm ....