Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sober Sark?

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,515 Founders Club

DeBoer winning close games

Campbell losing close games

Tough call

DeBoer wasn't my first choice but results matter. Same record as Bama!!!! There may be something to his ridiculous winning percentage at the smaller stops along the way. Or not. LIPO

Who cares about results! All that matters are the Shitty, Really Shitty rankings!
    And analytics man. Every 4th down some moron in the booth is going to start spouting off about analytics and the book without any idea what that actually means

To the announcer if the play works that's what the analytics called for. Idiots

And then there is that looks close they might want to take 15 minutes to make sure in replay
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

Iowa States wins this year:

West Virginia
    Iowa
    Ohio
    SE Missouri State

They aren’t going to even make a fucking bowl game this year. Campbells claim to fame is barely beating the shittiest Pac 12 “champion” decades in a diet Rose Bowl game. Woo hoo!

aka Rose Bowl lite
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

DeBoer winning close games

Campbell losing close games

Tough call

DeBoer wasn't my first choice but results matter. Same record as Bama!!!! There may be something to his ridiculous winning percentage at the smaller stops along the way. Or not. LIPO

Who cares about results! All that matters are the Shitty, Really Shitty rankings!
    And analytics man. Every 4th down some moron in the booth is going to start spouting off about analytics and the book without any idea what that actually means

To the announcer if the play works that's what the analytics called for. Idiots

And then there is that looks close they might want to take 15 minutes to make sure in replay
    Peterson was all about the analytics. He would punt down 6 with 2 minutes left on his 40 on 4th and 6. That shit drove us crazy.

Deboer will go for it in the 2nd quarter if we? Were down 10 because he knows we need to score and he can actually run an offense. Deboer might lose but at least he isn’t being a pussy in the process because of “analytics”.

Still in LIPO with Deboer but I don’t find myself breaking my TV nearly as often.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,167
    Tequilla said:

Going into the week the SRS was as follows:

Iowa St = 36
    UW = 40

Wins and losses obviously matter

Let’s also realize not all schedules are equal

Stop with the Campbell fetish.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,938 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Going into the week the SRS was as follows:

Iowa St = 36
    UW = 40

Wins and losses obviously matter

Let’s also realize not all schedules are equal

Iowa State is 4-5. What fucking point are you trying to make? They suck, and no cherry picked ranking of the hundreds of advanced stats available changes that.
    It wasn't even much of a cherry pick. Their SRS being 4 points higher is probably within the margin of error anyways, and they are 4-5, not 7-2. Jesus.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,364 Swaye's Wigwam

Deboer has some seriously fucktarded players. McAllister and Perryman are complete assaults on the eyes. No idea if that's on the D staff or if they just #needmoretime. Probably the former, but whatever.

But the guy can scheme a fucking offense. And he has a big swinging dick in all sorts of unfavorable scenarios that the team somehow pulls off. After so many times it's no longer coincidence. These are scenarios where Sark teams would shit all over themselves like clockwork. Winning is contagious.

Who is McCallister?
    He's the abortion of a punter than should be investigated for collusion. Check out his stat rankings he's in a heated battle for worst player on the team

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,401 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

It's ok to admit the pearl clutching over not landing Campbell because of the "optics" was idiotic.

It's also OK to be unhappy with an admin that can't land their top targets, fuck up the process, but then luck into a discount hire.

Deboner was 4th on the list...massively behind Campbell. We shrivel dicked the hiring process and did very typical UW upper campus shit.

The fact the Deboner might turn out to be the better hire is a massive indictment against the admin not for it.

Some Deboner fans can't seem to separate the results from the process or admin from coaching staff.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

Doogles said:

It's ok to admit the pearl clutching over not landing Campbell because of the "optics" was idiotic.

It's also OK to be unhappy with an admin that can't land their top targets, fuck up the process, but then luck into a discount hire.

Deboner was 4th on the list...massively behind Campbell. We shrivel dicked the hiring process and did very typical UW upper campus shit.

The fact the Deboner might turn out to be the better hire is a massive indictment against the admin not for it.

Some Deboner fans can't seem to separate the results from the process or admin from coaching staff.
    I get what you're saying, but putting the two side by side it was obvious Deboer better.

It was fucking annoying reacting like scorned lovers over Campbell, when he wasn't it.

Doogles said:

Some of us also thought Campbell would have been a shit hire and not a big dick move.
    We? Are all message board warriors.

The administration should probably be better in their evaluations than us.

They aren't. That's a real problem that doesn't just end with lucking into a coaching hire.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,515 Founders Club
    @TheChart appeared at Nick Saban's post game presser when he was asked why he went for two twice when one more point would have won

He offered to show @TheChart to the media
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

Some of us also thought Campbell would have been a shit hire and not a big dick move.

They aren't. That's a real problem that doesn't just end with lucking into a coaching hire.
    It’s always a crapshoot. I wanted Campbell before DeBoer. I was also wrong and it is clear ISU plays a needle dick style of football just like Petersen did and has not evolved the last few years.

DeBoer has done a decent job this season, interested to see if he can get a defense next year and develop a QB.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,811 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

Doogles said:

It’s always a crapshoot. I wanted Campbell before DeBoer. I was also wrong and it is clear ISU plays a needle dick style of football just like Petersen did and has not evolved the last few years.

DeBoer has done a decent job this season, interested to see if he can get a defense next year and develop a QB.
    I'm not worried about his QB development. I think he's proved he can do that. Haener? And Penix was good at Indiana, but not anything close to what he's been this year.

But that D ... ugh. Fresno was pretty good on D his second year there, but long term, can he recruit defense at this level? That's gonna be the thing that determines whether he succeeds or fails. And by succeeds, I mean compete for conference titles every year -- being able to beat teams like Oregon and USC at least as much as they beat UW.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,507 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2022
    Oregon is going to re-do Lanning's contract the year he loses perhaps the 2nd best UO QB of all tim, the entire OL, the best edge, the best DL, the best corner and the best safety.
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I get what you're saying, but putting the two side by side it was obvious Deboer better.

It was fucking annoying reacting like scorned lovers over Campbell, when he wasn't it.
    I'm saying our process and administration sucks. It's literally been my same message forever and yet, some have trouble distinguishing that from hating the Deboner hire. At least they fired Jimmy I guess but it was obvious they hadn't done much thinking beyond that immediate need.

I've been team LIPO for Deboner and still am until that defense does anything. It's a crapshoot indeed but there's still different shades of crap.