Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OKC

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
This series is going 7. I don't feel great about my San Antonio prediction. Durant and Westbrook haven't even had a huge game yet (played well in game 3).

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    That's good for Miami. I think Miami would struggle vs the Spurs and possibly lose. I don't see them losing to OKC.

I also think you are pulling a Tequilla a bit in jumping the gun. Spurs still lead 2-1 and it's early 2nd quarter. Plenty of game and series left.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Durant already has 21. It's all over.
  • Options
    The game was over when I saw Joey Crawford was officiating. Still sticking with Spurs in 6 though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The game was over when I saw Joey Crawford was officiating. Still sticking with Spurs in 6 though.

That is pretty stubborn. OKC has looked a lot different with Ibaka and at home. If Spurs win the series, it will be because they have home court advantage. I've seen nothing to suggest San Antonio will win one at OKC.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Okc is a house of horrors for SA, if they do win it will be in 7
  • Options

That is pretty stubborn. OKC has looked a lot different with Ibaka and at home. If Spurs win the series, it will be because they have home court advantage. I've seen nothing to suggest San Antonio will win one at OKC.

It's not stubborn it's just the Spurs of this postseason. Assuming they lose this one they'll be 8-1 at home, 2-5 on the road. I think they are capable of winning one road game.

Very rarely you see a series where the home team wins every single game.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I do agree on one point HNMT, OKC is a much better matchup for Miami than SA
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Miami against OKC just like with Indiana is one of the few teams where they have better depth.

Lebron is better than Durant so OKC for once wouldn't have that huge advantage where their best player is miles better than the other teams best player.

Spoelstra is a much better coach than Brooks. He would make them regret starting Perkins game in and game out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's not stubborn it's just the Spurs of this postseason. Assuming they lose this one they'll be 8-1 at home, 2-5 on the road. I think they are capable of winning one road game.

Very rarely you see a series where the home team wins every single game.
    That's fine, but Durant and Westbrook aren't losing a must win game 6 at home. The NBA won't want that to happen either.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

Miami against OKC just like with Indiana is one of the few teams where they have better depth.

Lebron is better than Durant so OKC for once wouldn't have that huge advantage where their best player is miles better than the other teams best player.

Spoelstra is a much better coach than Brooks. He would make them regret starting Perkins game in and game out.
    One of Brooks' biggest fault is how stubborn he has been with his lineups. He's actually adjusted this year in the playoffs.

Maybe we will get to see how big the gap is between Durant and LeBron. I'm guessing both will get their stats and make their regular impact. Both of them are unstoppable no matter who defends them. The Heat can't afford to have LeBron chase Durant around other than for small spurts and crunch time.

• Options
    Doogsinparadise is a Doog for Durant I've noticed.

As for nba won't let Durant lose a game 6 at home are you saying the league might have an agenda? Like what Sven and myself been saying entire playoffs.
  • Options

As for nba won't let Durant lose a game 6 at home are you saying the league might have an agenda? Like what Sven and myself been saying entire playoffs.

I forgot that you and Sven were the first and only people to accuse the NBA of having an agenda.
    We were both told that we were pressing by APAG and possibly even yourself.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogs for Durant is a great name for a lobbyist group.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2014

I downvoted you for saying that Miami has a better bench than OKC, huh?
    But keep putting words in my mouth.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If you look at the boxscores, you'll noticed that the Spurs "big 3" didn't play a ton of minutes in OKC. I'm not going to say that the Spurs punted these games, but I also don't think Pop went out of his way of tiring out Duncan/Parker/Ginobili when playing from behind.

The Spurs need to get rid of the junk defenses and Kawhi Leonard needs to embrace taking on the defensive challenge against KD. It's not so much that KD isn't going to get his, but just need to make sure that he's contested. They also need to get to the point of walling off the lane for Westbrook and force him to be more of a perimeter shooter.

I expect that the Spurs might need to shorten the rotation a little bit.

I still think that the Spurs are the favorite to win this series, but it's probably going 7 games.

Not saying that the Spurs are content with KD/Westbrook scoring 70+ points, but nobody else did anything tonight. The Spurs need to find ways to get easier shots as I don't expect that they'll continue shooting the 40% they did the last two games or be in a situation where they have fewer assists than OKC going forward.
  • Options

I downvoted you for saying that Miami has a better bench than OKC, huh?
    But keep putting words in my mouth.
    Miami does have a better bench than OKC. Is that even debatable? I would much rather have Ray Allen, Birdman, Cole and Battier than Collison, Adams, Butler and Lamb.

Not even close.
  • Options
    Birdman's a starter, so start there. Yes, I'd rather have Allen then any of the OKC guys, but Adams, Lamb, and Collison are better collectively than Cole, Lewis, and Battier.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Birdman's a starter, so start there. Yes, I'd rather have Allen then any of the OKC guys, but Adams, Lamb, and Collison are better collectively than Cole, Lewis, and Battier.

Birdman hasn't started one game for the Heat in two years. He plays an average of 19 minutes a game so it's not like he's even pulling a Sam Perkins either where he plays starters minutes. Perhaps you should know what you are talking about before popping off.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anderch01.html
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You need to learn the difference between what I'm hearing and what I actually think. FWIW, he's averaging 24 mpg against the Pacers this year.