Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OKC

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Media, "Do you consider this season a success?"
    Scott BrooksFS, "Yes, definitely"

W, JW. You have to be fucking kidding me dude

If I was an OKC fan I'd start firescottbrooks.com today. The last 30 seconds of that game looked like they were coached by Romar.

Time for a 10 year extension!
    Did you want Ty fired after the Oregon game too?
    Lulz

I actually made my first "Fire Ty post" the Thursday or Friday before the Stanford game, whatever day the Suddenly Senior shit hit the papers. I was a little slow to the party, but that was less than two years in.

Certainly, OKC fans should have been after Brooks' head before now, but as far as I can tell, they haven't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

dnc said:

If I was an OKC fan I'd start firescottbrooks.com today. The last 30 seconds of that game looked like they were coached by Romar.

Lulz

I actually made my first "Fire Ty post" the Thursday or Friday before the Stanford game, whatever day the Suddenly Senior shit hit the papers. I was a little slow to the party, but that was less than two years in.

Certainly, OKC fans should have been after Brooks' head before now, but as far as I can tell, they haven't.
    I figured judging by your posts you were against Ty, actually surprised it took til 2006.

I was just mocking you for saying the word "today". Brooks is over his head but is just good enough for their cheap ownership to retain him.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Lulz

I figured judging by your posts you were against Ty, actually surprised it took til 2006.

I was just mocking you for saying the word "today". Brooks is over his head but is just good enough for their cheap ownership to retain him.

I was pissed when we hired him and registered TyroneWillingham to have some fun but the multiple dicks silenced that account right away. I figured we were stuck with him for awhile, but was pretty critical all the way through, enough so to be considered a nega by most of the boreds.. The Suddenly Senior thing was the last straw for me and I was full fledged against him from that poont on.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Lulz

I was pissed when we hired him and registered TyroneWillingham to have some fun but the multiple dicks silenced that account right away. I figured we were stuck with him for awhile, but was pretty critical all the way through, enough so to be considered a nega by most of the boreds.. The Suddenly Senior thing was the last straw for me and I was full fledged against him from that poont on.
    That was my thoughts too. I hated the hire, hated how he went 2-9 first year and nobody gave a flying fuck.

The following year the Stanback injury happened but it was obvious he lost the team. I was hoping he could go away and not waste any of the Locker years.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Brooks is baaaaad, but Presti shouldn't be ignored either. He had no brainer draft picks with Durant and Westbrook and also landed Harden, but aside from that he's been pretty bad. He traded Ray Allen for Jeff Green, and traded Harden for essentially nothing. How do you trade an elite player for absolutely nothing? Keeping Harden probably wins them at least one title. He's in Tim Ruskell territory.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

OKC literally only has 4 NBA players. I can't believe they have less NBA players than the Pacers.

What does that say about the NBA where you have one conference finalist team who have 5 players worth a fuck(that's a big maybe cause some games George Hill and Hibbert are useless) and the other team has 4 players worth a fuck.

The NBA fucking sucks. It's better than it was in 2004, but after the best dozen or so teams, it's dreck. Stern was too busy worrying about getting Chinamen to buy jerseys and forcing the game upon India to actually, you know, make kids wait until age 21 to be draft eligible or work with AAU teams and other high school and younger teams to develop American players the right way.
  • Options

Brooks is baaaaad, but Presti shouldn't be ignored either. He had no brainer draft picks with Durant and Westbrook and also landed Harden, but aside from that he's been pretty bad. He traded Ray Allen for Jeff Green, and traded Harden for essentially nothing. How do you trade an elite player for absolutely nothing? Keeping Harden probably wins them at least one title. He's in Tim Ruskell territory.

Presti totally gets a free pass. He's not a great GM at all. He made good picks and I'll give him credit that Westbrook wasn't a slam dunk pick either.

However like you said gave away Ray Allen, gave away Harden for nothing and even Jeff Green they could have used these past three seasons they gave away for Perkins.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Brooks certainly is an easy target but OKC has only been championship caliber for the last 3 years. One year Westbrook gets hurt and this year he misses Ibaka for part of the series. I also don't think Durant is that great. Tremendous scorer yes but he doesn't do enough to be considered a complete player. They are a very young team though. They'll get a better coach and win a title eventually.
  • Options

Presti isn't bad. He's not great either, but he's drafted too well to be considered bad. Also, if he didn't trade Ray Allen, he never gets the 4th pick that turned into Westbrook. The Harden trade was pathetic.
    Good point, I forgot that draft pick was involved in that Ray Allen trade.
  • Options

Presti isn't bad. He's not great either, but he's drafted too well to be considered bad. Also, if he didn't trade Ray Allen, he never gets the 4th pick that turned into Westbrook. The Harden trade was pathetic.
    Draft pick wasn't involved in the trade at all. The 5th pick was for Jeff Green.

What Road Dawg is saying with Durant and Allen that team doesn't suck enough to get the 4th pick the following year then 3rd pick the year after that.
  • Options

Draft pick wasn't involved in the trade at all. The 5th pick was for Jeff Green.

What Road Dawg is saying with Durant and Allen that team doesn't suck enough to get the 4th pick the following year then 3rd pick the year after that.
    Ahh now I remember, Im as dialed into the NBA as Kim.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Why does DNC disagree with factual statements?

Westbrook btw in the 5 overtimes OKC played in the playoffs shot an impressive 1-21.

So for those who think his criticism is unfair I point to that stat.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Thunder fans should enjoy a bunch of Western Conference Finals losses over the next couple of years.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014

Thunder fans should enjoy a bunch of Western Conference Finals losses over the next couple of years.

Who is beating them? I doubt they don't make a Finals in the next two years. If Durant and Westbrook stay, they will win multiple championships. They are only 25. They should keep getting better, especially mentally.

• Options

Who is beating them? I doubt they don't make a Finals in the next two years. If Durant and Westbrook stay, they will win multiple championships. They are only 25. They should keep getting better, especially mentally.

The team who just beat them for one. You are coming off as an OKC doog the last few days. Durant is equal to Lebron, No way they lose game 6 at home, you must be stubborn if you think the Spurs are going to beat OKC and now this.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014

The team who just beat them for one. You are coming off as an OKC doog the last few days. Durant is equal to Lebron, No way they lose game 6 at home, you must be stubborn if you think the Spurs are going to beat OKC and now this.
    The game went to overtime, Cockus. I said you were stubborn for picking the Spurs in 6. They got blown out twice, and I thought it was a stretch for OKC to lose at home. Steve Kerr said the exact thing during game 5. As you feel the need to repeat 23 times including the second the game was over, I was wrong, you were right.

I picked the Spurs early in the regular season. I have some reservations, but I'm sticking with that pick for the Finals. I've said the Spurs are better than last year. I also originally picked them to win the series. I thought after game 4 that the Spurs were in trouble.

The Spurs are old. Duncan and Ginobili might retire if they win. There is no other team with 3 All Stars under 26. The. Thunder have the best young nucleus in the NBA. Adams and Jackson are young too. What roster is better suited to win the West? You guys are acting like huge soopersoonics with the Thunder hate.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Spurs are always good, but when Duncan and Ginobili go, I doubt they will maintain their current standard of success. Parker probably only has a couple years left too (at a high level). In a few years, they will be building around Leonard, who is a borderline star. Never count them out though.

The Thunder have 3 All Stars under 26. As I noted, Jackson and Adams are nice, young pieces too. Easily, the best young roster in the NBA, but I guess I'm a Thunder doog for stating so. If this team stays together for 5 more years, I would bet anything they win at least one championship, probably even 2 or 3 but championships are hard and often require a little luck. Getting rid of Scott Brooks and bringing in a better coach would enhance those chances.

The Clippers were good this year, and obviously will spare no expense with Ballmer paying 2 billion for the team. Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, and DeAndre Jordan are very good. I personally think Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are better. Paul seems somewhat fragile health wise, but his game isn't very reliant on athleticism.

The Warriors are a dangerous team. They might have beaten the Clippers with Bogut. I can't figure out what they really need. A legitimate 2nd star instead of Thompson and/or Lee is probably needed to be a legit title contender and not just a fun team that can win a round or two.

The Rockets need another big time player that will be tough to get. Harden and Howard have max contracts, and Parsons needs to be re-signed. Asik is making 13 million this final year, so maybe they can send his expiring and get a big money guy back (they tried to get Deron Williams earlier this season). I still don't think that will be enough for them. I don't like their coach, or Harden and Howards mindset. I doubt they ever win anything.

Portland is a fun regular season team. All offense, no defense. Next.

Memphis' organization looks like a mess. We will see if it's really that bad, but it doesn't look good. Randolph is getting older, they lack scoring on the wing. With some better wing scoring, they could have a chance. They are a good team, but not a title contender.

Who are these teams you guys are confident are beating the Thunder. The Clippers could. The Rockets or Warriors might be able to. The Thunder have been better than those teams for awhile though, and it's not like the Thunder are old. I get that we overreact in the moment to what happens in sports, but chances are, they are making the Finals. They will probably be the favorite of coming out of the West next year.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I agree with Roaddawg that the only real long term threat (at this exact moment) to the Blunder are the Clippers.

Someone used the analogy of the 90s Malone/Stockton Jazz to the Blunder. It's kind of loose but accurate. Westbrook is not even a real one though, and he makes bonehead moves every game. Barkley mentioned that their bench is awful, and I agree. At this point, besides Ibaka, there's nobody to pick up the offensive slack. They're in good shape, but they can be ovrrtaken pretty easily by a team serious about winning, or maybe that's the bitter Sonics fan bleeding through
  • Options
    The Spurs window has supposedly been closing since 2008.

Around 2012 I finally gave up on that.

Clippers I think sign Paul Pierce which would be huge. Their SF play was so bad.

Grizzlies are just a thorn to OKC.

The west is tough. I think OKC could make the finals but to arrogantly ask "who could beat them?" is FS