Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Neuheisel to Colorado

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

just a reminder that UW still hasn't won a Rose Bowl since Rick

Let the hatters hat but still waiting for the improvement that firing him was to bring

Post Jimmy Lake era, I'm no longer dying on the hill of Pete > Rick.

But it would be an easier discussion to have if there was no CFP in 2016.
    Do you assume a win if UW plays Penn St in the Rosebowl?
    I don't. But I don't assume a loss necessarily either.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,365 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Let the hatters hat but still waiting for the improvement that firing him was to bring

Post Jimmy Lake era, I'm no longer dying on the hill of Pete > Rick.

But it would be an easier discussion to have if there was no CFP in 2016.
    Do you assume a win if UW plays Penn St in the Rosebowl?
    I don't. But I don't assume a loss necessarily either.
    Agreed
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,029 Founders Club

I received a PM from a poster saying I was insane to think Neu is going back to Colorado.

IT. WAS. A. JOKE.

Some people need to GTHUALTDBRLATI.

@dnc
    @PurpleBaze

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,819 Swaye's Wigwam

Darrin Chiaverini was their interim in 2019 when they canned McIntyre and instead of retaining a guy who went to played there they went with Karl Dorrell who’s coached one year in college sandwiched in the middle of the 14 years since his firing from UCLA. I get it the alum coaching doesn’t work out most of the time, but at least you would have had someone who cared about the program instead of just cashing a paycheck. They made up for it by firing Chiaverini last season after the offense performed so poorly all season only to perform worse this season and likely an encounter with Owen. IMO, they deserve what they’re dealing with.

You can’t make a lower ceiling hire than Karl Dorrell. Colorado deserves this for hiring a NFL assistant to the quality control coach.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,509 Standard Supporter
    New to CU, Koetter to ASU.

They should both throw bags at Paul Chryst.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,731 Founders Club
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

Not everyone can get 8-4 Purdue
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club

Go coogs
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,429 Founders Club

True. On the other hand, it was Drew Bledsoe vs three freshmen UW DBs
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    And they beat Kent State

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This is such a weird criticism in a year where Rick hung the only single L on Miami, not to mention a ranked Oregon State! ;)

Yeah that Rose Bowl wasn't the best competition but they were not only the RB rep from the B1G they were also the highest ranked B1G team so it's not like we ducked somebody on a fluke. Just wasn't a great Big 10 year.

But seriously, there was one undefeated champ that year (OU) and four teams that finished with 1 loss. Those four teams:

1. Washington
    2-3. Teams Washington beat (Miami, Oregon State)
    4. Team beaten by team Washington beat (Virginia Tech)

Had Michigan or Ohio State been in that RB they would have gotten rolled by UW.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    dnc said:

This is such a weird criticism in a year where Rick hung the only single L on Miami, not to mention a ranked Oregon State! ;)

Yeah that Rose Bowl wasn't the best competition but they were not only the RB rep from the B1G they were also the highest ranked B1G team so it's not like we ducked somebody on a fluke. Just wasn't a great Big 10 year.

But seriously, there was one undefeated champ that year (OU) and four teams that finished with 1 loss. Those four teams:

1. Washington

I’ll never forget the OSU fans claiming they were the best team in the pac 10. I had to remind them often that the best team in the pac 10 would need to beat the pac 10 champion. They forget that detail.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

1. Washington

I’ll never forget the OSU fans claiming they were the best team in the pac 10. I had to remind them often that the best team in the pac 10 would need to beat the pac 10 champion. They forget that detail.
    OSU had fans? In THAT economy?