Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What to eat after puking 2x by the 2nd quarter…

13»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ketchup and catsup are condiments usually made with ripened tomatoes. The term "ketchup" is more popular in most countries. The ingredients used — tomatoes, sugar, salt, vinegar, cinnamon, etc. — are pretty much the same in both ketchup and catsup.

Both words are derived from the Chinese ke-tsiap, a pickled fish sauce. It made its way to Malaysia where it became kechap and ketjap in Indonesia. Catsup and katchup are acceptable spellings used interchangeably with ketchup, however, ketchup is the way it is popularly used today. "Catsup", which dates to the same time, may well be a different Romanization of the same word, trying to come closer to a sound that doesn't really exist in English.

In the 1800s, "ketchup" was most common in Britain and "catsup" was most common in the US for reasons unknown. The two words never really canceled each other out because in their formative years, there weren't spelling dictionaries choosing a "correct" version of words. (Many Americans pronounced "catsup" the same as "ketchup" in any case.) Today, "ketchup" is the dominant term in both countries.

There was a sudden interest in the difference between catsup and ketchup after an episode of popular TV series Mad Men featured a (fictional) pitch to ketchup company Heinz. Journalists and bloggers dug around to find the history and Slate reported that:

According to a Heinz spokesperson, Henry John Heinz first brought his product to market as “Heinz Tomato Catsup,” but changed the spelling early on to distinguish it from competitors. Del Monte did not switch spellings until 1988, after it became clear that ketchup was the spelling of choice for American consumers. Hunt’s switched the name of their product from catsup to ketchup significantly earlier.

History
    Seventeenth century English sailors first discovered the delights of the "sauce", a Chinese condiment and brought it to the West. Ketchup was first mentioned in print around 1690. The Chinese version is actually more akin to a soy or Worcestershire sauce.

It gradually went through various changes, particularly with the addition of tomatoes in the 1700s. By the nineteenth century, ketchup was also known as tomato soy. Early tomato versions were much thinner with a consistency more like a soy or Worcestershire sauce. F. & J. Heinz Company began selling tomato ketchup in 1876. By the end of the nineteenth century, tomato ketchup was the primary type of ketchup in the United States, and the descriptor of tomato was gradually dropped.

Ingredients
    The basic ingredients in modern ketchup are tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, salt, allspice, cloves, and cinnamon. Onions, celery, and other vegetables are frequent additions. Catsup may be made of tomatoes, onions, cayenne, sugar, white vinegar, cloves, cinnamon, celery seed and salt. So the two do not differ much in their ingredients. But different manufacturers may use different ingredients for the two. Sometimes Catsup may be more spicy than Ketchup.

We don’t live in 1870.

We don’t spell color or flavor with a u

We’re Americans.

It’s ketchup.

The Throbber gets it.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Ask @backthepack, although his was in the first quarter of the first game. I have the pic somewhere

my darkest hour, never again
    I've seen the way you pound my free white claws at my tailgate. I guarantee you it will happen again. You're always welcome, "BackPack." (That's what Mrs. Doogerson calls him). And yes, as btp ages, he continues to look more and more like Mike Leach.
    Does he have a fat little girlfriend?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Ask @backthepack, although his was in the first quarter of the first game. I have the pic somewhere

I've seen the way you pound my free white claws at my tailgate. I guarantee you it will happen again. You're always welcome, "BackPack." (That's what Mrs. Doogerson calls him). And yes, as btp ages, he continues to look more and more like Mike Leach.
    I've increased my tolerance quite a bit since then
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

Yeah it's your mom
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658

FireCohen said:

Yeah it's your mom
    Insert mustard her hole joke here.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

What kind of chick over 21 drinks to the point of puking? Double standard, but women are supposed to have more common sense than us Neanderthals.

the best kind.

They guy with puke on his shoes doesn't see to mind

with how well we? were playin, the chick could have puked all over me and i wouldnt have cared.

im 'into that' but still!
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’m a little disappointed she didn’t eat that sloppy hot dog. I would love to what would’ve happened next. Please go to the next gayme and provide video documentary. Perhaps feed her if you can afford it.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Yeah it's your mom
    Dad*
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm surprised nobody thinks a hot dog is a good choice after puking. That's when I crave fatty, heavily preserved ahit the most.

Who GAF if it makes you puke again? I'm sure they weren't out of hot dogs.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hot dogs in general fucking suck
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Does he have a fat little boyfriend girlfriend?
    We are talking about BTP after all

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Let he who has never puked in the seats at husky stadium throw the first stone.

I’ve came close a few times but didn’t blow chunks till I got home.
    I puked in my friends bathroom at McMahon BEFORE a game once.

Happens when you mistakenly pound a dogfish 90 minute ipa after slugging some Albertsons brand vodka.

"Hurry up and pound that we gotta go to make the kickoff!"
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Hot dogs in general fucking suck

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Only raging lesbians put ketchup on hot dogs.

And 7 year olds
    Christ.

REAL men put ketchup on a dog and and sugar in an Old Fashioned.
    Some people never grow out of their yummy phase.
    Some people can enjoy some yummy without getting fat or diabetic.

#SelfControl