Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DDY Fast Strategy White Head Coach Hall of Fame

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Seems the odds are that if Dabo stays at Clempson for a while longer, he will win another NT. 2 NTs at Clempson (i.e., Tier II school) would have to get a coach into Mt Rushmore consideration would it not?

Yep if they (we?) have learned anything from blowing '14 not playing Deshaun up front and play Trevor Lawrence from the get-go, they are odds on favorites. And they are recruiting just as well as Bama.

Dabo is a clown, but holy shit: results.
    Going into the Syracuse locker room post L and congratulating them is a douche canoe clown as it gets. Fuck off with that shit. Still, the results are there. You win a Natty in the CFP era at a Tier II school - albeit one with high ceiling - something about your program is working.
    Pete needs to incorporate two Dabo things to get to Dabo's level: fun and openness.

Dabo keeps high standards and he does not fuck around with assistant coaches. He creates an atmosphere where he would NEVER protect under-recruiting white dudes. He needs everyone to be great at everything and he demands it.

I have a lot of respect for the way he's done it. Dabo is weird, but he's a fast-strategy guy and he's tuned in with the fast-strategy kids. Chris Petersen has a great personality, but his bullshit tight-ass routine is fucking pointless.

Dabo is open as shit and is winning Natties.

None of our media members have the balls to ask Pete about the fact that literally every other program has a big spring game. We just suck our own dicks and tell ourselves it doesn't matter.
    Pete would win a natty in his fifth year if he was at South Carolina. The demographics are just better
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Seems the odds are that if Dabo stays at Clempson for a while longer, he will win another NT. 2 NTs at Clempson (i.e., Tier II school) would have to get a coach into Mt Rushmore consideration would it not?

Yep if they (we?) have learned anything from blowing '14 not playing Deshaun up front and play Trevor Lawrence from the get-go, they are odds on favorites. And they are recruiting just as well as Bama.

Going into the Syracuse locker room post L and congratulating them is a douche canoe clown as it gets. Fuck off with that shit. Still, the results are there. You win a Natty in the CFP era at a Tier II school - albeit one with high ceiling - something about your program is working.
    Pete needs to incorporate two Dabo things to get to Dabo's level: fun and openness.

Dabo keeps high standards and he does not fuck around with assistant coaches. He creates an atmosphere where he would NEVER protect under-recruiting white dudes. He needs everyone to be great at everything and he demands it.

I have a lot of respect for the way he's done it. Dabo is weird, but he's a fast-strategy guy and he's tuned in with the fast-strategy kids. Chris Petersen has a great personality, but his bullshit tight-ass routine is fucking pointless.

None of our media members have the balls to ask Pete about the fact that literally every other program has a big spring game. We just suck our own dicks and tell ourselves it doesn't matter.
    Pete would win a natty in his fifth year if he was at South Carolina. The demographics are just better
    Exactly. The West Coast has no natural recrootin' advantage over the SEC other than QB.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Exactly. The West Coast has no natural recrootin' advantage over the SEC other than QB and Polys.
    Polys are demographically superior to blacks on a per capita football playing basis. There's just not nearly as many of them in the West as there are blacks int he south.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I don't buy this at all. This shit is getting out of hand with the demographics shit. There are more black people, but there are also 3x the amount of schools recruiting them.

The reason why the Pac-12 sucks is because USC is down and our brand is killing us, so like 30% of good players are leaving the west whereas only 5-7% leave the south.

And Pete wouldn't win shit at South Carolina. USC is like winning at Cal. He would get them good, but never Natties.

I'm so sick of this fucking one-factor thinking. Oh they have a lot of talent there. YEAH BUT THEY HAVE MORE TEAMS SHIT FOR BRAINS.

In 2015-16 the top 4*+ talent producing states were

TX: 59.5
    CA: 54.5
    FL: 45.5
    GA: 33
    OH: 22.5

But here are the amounts of P5 schools in-region (overlapping conference ties or adjacent states):

TX: 24 (Big XII/SEC)
    CA: 12 (Pac-12)
    FL: 29 (SEC/ACC)
    GA: 29 (SEC/ACC)
    OH: 42 (B1G, SEC, ACC)

So, basically even though there are more players in the south, the competition is much more fierce. It gets even heavier if you consider the amount of tier 1 and 2 teams within a 550 mile radius of primary population centers (this is the length you need to connect UW to LA.

Near CA: (3-4)
    UW, UCLA and USC (Oregon?).

Near to TX: (8-9)
    A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, LSU, Arkansas, Iowa and Bama (Wiscy just out of range; Colorado sucks, but maybe?).

Near to FL: (12)
    FSU, UF, Miami, UGA, Bama, Auburn, Clemson, Tennessee, LSU, VTech, Ohio State, A&M

Near to GA: (14)
    FSU, UF, Miami, UGA, Bama, Auburn, Clemson, Tennessee, LSU, VTech, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Notre Dame

Near to OH: (15)
    Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Iowa, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, VTech, FSU, UF, UGA, Clemson

So - the teams in the south are competing with 3x the big time programs (or more) on average.

There are no fucking excuses.
    more people= more recruits= larger demographic=more schools=more "bluebloods"= more competition it's not hard.
  • Options

I don't buy this at all. This shit is getting out of hand with the demographics shit. There are more black people, but there are also 3x the amount of schools recruiting them.

The reason why the Pac-12 sucks is because USC is down and our brand is killing us, so like 30% of good players are leaving the west whereas only 5-7% leave the south.

And Pete wouldn't win shit at South Carolina. USC is like winning at Cal. He would get them good, but never Natties.

I'm so sick of this fucking one-factor thinking. Oh they have a lot of talent there. YEAH BUT THEY HAVE MORE TEAMS SHIT FOR BRAINS.

In 2015-16 the top 4*+ talent producing states were

TX: 59.5
    CA: 54.5
    FL: 45.5
    GA: 33
    OH: 22.5

But here are the amounts of P5 schools in-region (overlapping conference ties or adjacent states):

TX: 24 (Big XII/SEC)
    CA: 12 (Pac-12)
    FL: 29 (SEC/ACC)
    GA: 29 (SEC/ACC)
    OH: 42 (B1G, SEC, ACC)

So, basically even though there are more players in the south, the competition is much more fierce. It gets even heavier if you consider the amount of tier 1 and 2 teams within a 550 mile radius of primary population centers (this is the length you need to connect UW to LA.

Near CA: (3-4)
    UW, UCLA and USC (Oregon?).

Near to TX: (8-9)
    A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, LSU, Arkansas, Iowa and Bama (Wiscy just out of range; Colorado sucks, but maybe?).

Near to FL: (12)
    FSU, UF, Miami, UGA, Bama, Auburn, Clemson, Tennessee, LSU, VTech, Ohio State, A&M

Near to GA: (14)
    FSU, UF, Miami, UGA, Bama, Auburn, Clemson, Tennessee, LSU, VTech, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Notre Dame

Near to OH: (15)
    Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Iowa, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, VTech, FSU, UF, UGA, Clemson

So - the teams in the south are competing with 3x the big time programs (or more) on average.

There are no fucking excuses.
    Man, this post fucks in the ass(in a good way)
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We can agree, of course, that Dabo recruits a market with way more Fast Strategy black kids than Pete, so it's not like you could put Dabo at Washington and have guaranteed success. Harkening back to some comments you've made in the past, Pete is doing it about 95% right. He still might get us to the Promised land in spite of the other 5%. Mor Poly shirt fucking and Jacob beating out Jake for the 2019 starting job would help.
    I think we are a poly pipeline and a good qb away from being where we want to be and that's it. Regardless of Pete's strengths or shortcomings. We get those two things(and don't regress in other areas) and we are regularly winning the Pac and shooting for the CFP's. Both of those things are also, hopefully, being built right now.

Not saying we couldn't be better without some other changes so don't twist.
  • Options

So, doing the math for you losers:

CA - 15.5 players per Tier I&II programs
    TX - 7 players
    FL - 3.8 players
    GA - 2.4 players
    OH - 1.5 players

I bolded it so you idiots could get the point.

People are stupid. Also, thanks Larry Scott FS and FS Pac 12 ADS/marketing departments. It's why kids are leaving the WC in droves.
  • Options

TX - 7 players
    FL - 3.8 players
    GA - 2.4 players
    OH - 1.5 players

People are stupid. Also, thanks Larry Scott FS and FS Pac 12 ADS/marketing departments. It's why kids are leaving the WC in droves.
    THIRTY PERCENT OF OUR FOUR+ STARS LEAVE THE REGION.

THIRTY.

If this isn't a fucking crisis, I don't know what the fuck is.
    The marketing of the entire conference and each individual school is horrendous. UW, Oregon (to some extent albeit very faggy but the kids love it), and USC are doing a great job on the social media front (graphics, content, involvement etc.). The rest of the schools are just pure aids. UW's marketing as a whole is yikes, from the uniforms (hopefully they get fixed) to the overall branding. SC is SC. Oregon is just trying to hard.

The three schools that combined social media content, uniforms, branding, and just general marketing the best are Clemson, Ohio State, and Alabama hmmmm. The best is Clemson however.

The conference marketing as a whole is dreck. It has no identity and is all over the map. The tv stations suck, the social media accounts suck, everything sucks. Fire Larry Scott and please bring in more talented marketers and designers.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583

TX - 7 players
    FL - 3.8 players
    GA - 2.4 players
    OH - 1.5 players

THIRTY.

If an sec kid doesn't go to the home town school he and his family are shamed forever.

When kids from the West leave everyone says shit like "he's just gotta do what's best for him"
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TX - 7 players
    FL - 3.8 players
    GA - 2.4 players
    OH - 1.5 players

THIRTY.

If an sec kid doesn't go to the home town school he and his family are shamed forever.

When kids from the West leave everyone says shit like "he's just gotta do what's best for him"
    You are an ASU fan. You wouldn’t understand.
  • Options
    Does Washington State even have an in-house designer/marketing department because their social media shit is pathetic. There are MWC, MAC and FCS schools (Eastern WA, and a lot of the bigger east coast FCS schools ) that put out much much much better content.

ASU is turrrrible.

OSU lol.

Cal eww.

USC is boring.

UCLA is decent.

Oregon is good but super gay (their brand is weak and faggy).

Stanford CHRYST.

Colorado bhahahahahaha.

Utah, the most mormon thing I've ever seen.

UofA uhhhh see WSU.

UW is alright but could be amazing. creative staff is unbelievable but their marketing department bahahaha christ. Don't we have the foster school or no?

If you think this shit doesn't matter in recruiting:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/28/ohio-state-clemson-social-media-fiesta-bowl-playoff-semifinal

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18565611/meet-kenton-stufflebeam-ohio-state-buckeyes-secret-recruiting-weapon (Urban fucking gets it)
  • Options

TX - 7 players
    FL - 3.8 players
    GA - 2.4 players
    OH - 1.5 players

THIRTY.

Huh

I'm saying the fans suck out west and let kids leave pac land
  • Options

TX - 7 players
    FL - 3.8 players
    GA - 2.4 players
    OH - 1.5 players

THIRTY.

Huh

"You play to win the game" " Why is knowledge" that's why kids leave the pac-12 lol. Incompetence starts from the top (Hi Larry) and works its way down to every basically every AD and coach in the conference.
  • Options
    just win, winning cures all problems
  • Options

TX - 7 players
    FL - 3.8 players
    GA - 2.4 players
    OH - 1.5 players

THIRTY.

Huh

"You play to win the game" " Why is knowledge" that's why kids leave the pac-12 lol. Incompetence starts from the top (Hi Larry) and works its way down to every basically every AD and coach in the conference.
    I don't need your teenage philosophy

The pac sucks because the entire south part of the conference decided to be shitty at the same time.

And Stanford being good throws everything way out of whack

• Options

TX - 7 players
    FL - 3.8 players
    GA - 2.4 players
    OH - 1.5 players

THIRTY.

Huh

The pac sucks because the entire south part of the conference decided to be shitty at the same time.

How do you get good players? Wow by relating to teenagers!!1!!
  • Options

TX - 7 players
    FL - 3.8 players
    GA - 2.4 players
    OH - 1.5 players

THIRTY.

Huh

How do you get good players? Wow by relating to teenagers!!1!!
    Winning helps a lot