Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DDY Fast Strategy White Head Coach Hall of Fame

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Osborne was actually who I meant when I put McCartney in honorable mention as a white coach who went to the fast side to win a title. Osborne is the poster boy for that

He could go 11-2 in his sleep with roided out white boys but he had to go fast strategy to beat the Florida schools and Oklahoma

He doesn't make the mount because he just did it at the end like our own Don James

That, and he choked in big games like no other elite coach I can think of off the top of my head. PLUS, his all-time teem cemented their legacy against a soft as fuck Florida defense. That was the game that got Bob Stoops to Florida, when dummy finally realized that you can't out-score everyone. The Gayters had a few good years on the D side of the ball there while Bob was in Gaynesville.

I want to see that '95 team go up against a '91 Washington/'86 Miami/'94 FSU - type defense. Speshul ones that had the speed to go sideline to sideline with anyone, and also punch anyone right in the fucking mouth for trying to go right at them. You take away the I back option from Nebraska, or even slow it down, and you have essentially sent them home, even with Tommie Frazier, who did it better than anyone I've ever seen do it. Nobody was playing D at that level in '95 that I recall.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Osborne was actually who I meant when I put McCartney in honorable mention as a white coach who went to the fast side to win a title. Osborne is the poster boy for that

He could go 11-2 in his sleep with roided out white boys but he had to go fast strategy to beat the Florida schools and Oklahoma

He doesn't make the mount because he just did it at the end like our own Don James

That, and he choked in big games like no other elite coach I can think of off the top of my head. PLUS, his all-time teem cemented their legacy against a soft as fuck Florida defense. That was the game that got Bob Stoops to Florida, when dummy finally realized that you can't out-score everyone. The Gayters had a few good years on the D side of the ball there while Bob was in Gaynesville.

I want to see that '95 team go up against a '91 Washington/'86 Miami/'94 FSU - type defense. Speshul ones that had the speed to go sideline to sideline with anyone, and also punch anyone right in the fucking mouth for trying to go right at them. You take away the I back option from Nebraska, or even slow it down, and you have essentially sent them home, even with Tommie Frazier, who did it better than anyone I've ever seen do it. Nobody was playing D at that level in '95 that I recall.
    It would be chinteresting no doubt, but it wasn't like the '95 NEB team just beat Florida. They fucking donkey punched them by like 40 pts.

3 x 12-0 seasons in 4 years is as good as coaching gets. And he finally got his win over the Canes in Miami.

Pete needs to become classy AF fast strategy.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

The dearth of non white head coaches in college football requires cultural appropriation white head coaches who coach fast strategy Black players better than the rest. Why this is needed is a discussion for another time. This post will deal with the reality we face.

The white fast strategy coach is like a Black coach in that he is known as a "great recruiter" who "rolls the ball out and lets them play". Maybe not a great Xs and Os coach but relates to the kids and is a players coach. Often know for swaggy behavior that is embarrassing to adults but the kids really like it.

You have your fast strategy white coaches who can't seem to win anything like Lane Kiffin or Rick Neuheisel but getting mentioned by Lil Wayne should at least get Kiffin honorable mention. Kliff Klingsbury is on the hot seat.

Who is on Mount Rushmore?

Jimmy Johnson

The GOAT. He finished the work that Schnellenberger started in turning a sleepy white Miami University into the center of hip hop, recruiting violations, and championship football by recruiting anyone that could play regardless of academics or criminal record with a promise of a fast track to the NFL. He enjoyed beating the blue bloods and the whitest of the white Notre Dame got his particular scorn.

Barry Switzer

Barry is second because Jimmy beat him like a rented mule. Not many others could say the same. Barry took over OU when Chuck Fairbanks left to Colorado and Barry ended up hanging 84 on old Chuck. Barry took all the best players from under Darryl Royal's nose and beat him with them. Barry knew Sooner fans wanted national titles or else and coached and recruited accordingly. He played Black quarterbacks earlier than most.

Bobby Bowden

Bobby said he made it a point to never drive past the players parking lot. Bobby knew he had to beat Miami. Bobby turned FSU into Miami.

John McKay

People forget that McKay started a Black QB in the 60's as well as a double murderer Heisman winner.

Bill McCartney, Don James, and others were among those solid white coaches who went fast strategy late to get an elusive National Title. Chris Petersen may be the next one

Dont even know where you were going with this race. Sorry but for lack of a better word this is stupid.

Hey I'm race I watched college football back in the day like Pup and 2, but what are u fucking talking about?
    BTW, Rick won a rose bowl. This program really needed one. Kiffin doesnt belong in same sentence. The legends you speak of were great coaches but just ain't seeing point of post...but what a new?
    Pup's right about the Weasel. He was as Fast Strat as ya get.

If you need any more cross references, I'd start here.

http://www.seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/victoryandruins/
  • Options

It would be chinteresting no doubt, but it wasn't like the '95 NEB team just beat Florida. They fucking donkey punched them by like 40 pts.

3 x 12-0 seasons in 4 years is as good as coaching gets. And he finally got his win over the Canes in Miami.

Pete needs to become classy AF fast strategy.
    Barely. Miami had no O line in '94. If they were that great they would have punched in a little moar.

You will find me to be quite begrudging of Nebraska. Almost, but not quite, irrationally so.

Fuck those guysm.

Yes, I know. It's easy to donkey punch a team that shows up without a defense.

I note that my kewgs gave that '95 team a little bit of a fight. kinda sorta.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

The dearth of non white head coaches in college football requires cultural appropriation white head coaches who coach fast strategy Black players better than the rest. Why this is needed is a discussion for another time. This post will deal with the reality we face.

The white fast strategy coach is like a Black coach in that he is known as a "great recruiter" who "rolls the ball out and lets them play". Maybe not a great Xs and Os coach but relates to the kids and is a players coach. Often know for swaggy behavior that is embarrassing to adults but the kids really like it.

You have your fast strategy white coaches who can't seem to win anything like Lane Kiffin or Rick Neuheisel but getting mentioned by Lil Wayne should at least get Kiffin honorable mention. Kliff Klingsbury is on the hot seat.

Who is on Mount Rushmore?

Jimmy Johnson

The GOAT. He finished the work that Schnellenberger started in turning a sleepy white Miami University into the center of hip hop, recruiting violations, and championship football by recruiting anyone that could play regardless of academics or criminal record with a promise of a fast track to the NFL. He enjoyed beating the blue bloods and the whitest of the white Notre Dame got his particular scorn.

Barry Switzer

Barry is second because Jimmy beat him like a rented mule. Not many others could say the same. Barry took over OU when Chuck Fairbanks left to Colorado and Barry ended up hanging 84 on old Chuck. Barry took all the best players from under Darryl Royal's nose and beat him with them. Barry knew Sooner fans wanted national titles or else and coached and recruited accordingly. He played Black quarterbacks earlier than most.

Bobby Bowden

Bobby said he made it a point to never drive past the players parking lot. Bobby knew he had to beat Miami. Bobby turned FSU into Miami.

John McKay

People forget that McKay started a Black QB in the 60's as well as a double murderer Heisman winner.

Bill McCartney, Don James, and others were among those solid white coaches who went fast strategy late to get an elusive National Title. Chris Petersen may be the next one

Dont even know where you were going with this race. Sorry but for lack of a better word this is stupid.

Hey I'm race I watched college football back in the day like Pup and 2, but what are u fucking talking about?
    BTW, Rick won a rose bowl. This program really needed one. Kiffin doesnt belong in same sentence. The legends you speak of were great coaches but just ain't seeing point of post...but what a new?
    Pup's right about the Weasel. He was as Fast Strat as ya get.

If you need any more cross references, I'd start here.

http://www.seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/victoryandruins/
    Rick made the opening paragraph for the Rose Bowl but his body of work really kind of sucked
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Classics thread.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So here's a question @RaceBannon , the Mount Rushmore of Progroms as per DFI is Alabama, Ohio State, USC and Notre Dame, correct?. When does Notre Dame get removed? In era this where it's pretty damn near impossible to win a natty without enough Fast Strategy players is Notre Dame pretty much dead? I know they've had guys like the Bus who were Fast Strategy in days of yore and I'll admit I don't pay attention to their recruiting other than to say they aren't winning.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

So here's a question @RaceBannon , the Mount Rushmore of Progroms as per DFI is Alabama, Ohio State, USC and Notre Dame, correct?. When does Notre Dame get removed? In era this where it's pretty damn near impossible to win a natty without enough Fast Strategy players is Notre Dame pretty much dead? I know they've had guys like the Bus who were Fast Strategy in days of yore and I'll admit I don't pay attention to their recruiting other than to say they aren't winning.

Notre Dame is fucked because they have a bumbling mid-west aww shucks guy in charge.
  • Options

10 years ago ... at least.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Notre Dame should be sand blasted off but not so those fucking frauds at Michigan can replace them

I'll stick with the first three. Miami gets real SERIOUS consideration for that last 35 years. FSU too. It looks like a Florida school could replace them

USC is on the clock too by the way. Pete Carroll saved them for now

One thing SC, OSU, and Bama have going is 10 decades of winning.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

10 years ago ... at least.
    Yeah, the Catholics one once against the Convicts in the 80's but Miami still pretty much killed off Notre Dame football for all intents and purposes.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    BC in 1993 killed off ND more than anything, although 3rd and 43 against Miami in '89 must have stung.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

BC in 1993 killed off ND more than anything, although 3rd and 43 against Miami in '89 must have stung.

I just came.
  • Options

Notre Dame should be sand blasted off but not so those fucking frauds at Michigan can replace them

I'll stick with the first three. Miami gets real SERIOUS consideration for that last 35 years. FSU too. It looks like a Florida school could replace them

USC is on the clock too by the way. Pete Carroll saved them for now

One thing SC, OSU, and Bama have going is 10 decades of winning.
    We will all be dust before the shine of the current Bama run fades. Fucking ridiculous what Saban has done there.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Meyer has done it at two schools (UF and OSU), notwithstanding his undefeated run in year 2 at Utah. I wonder where in the pantheon of white FS coaches he'd rank if he got another tier 1 school a national championship. He famously called ND his dream job, if he went there and resurrected them into a 'ship would he rank in the top 3 all-time? How many coaches have won titles at three separate power five schools? None?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2018
    Gladstone said:

Meyer has done it at two schools (UF and OSU), notwithstanding his undefeated run in year 2 at Utah. I wonder where in the pantheon of white FS coaches he'd rank if he got another tier 1 school a national championship. He famously called ND his dream job, if he went there and resurrected them into a 'ship would he rank in the top 3 all-time? How many coaches have won titles at three separate power five schools? None?

If Urbs won a Natty for the Catholics, then he is GOAT in the modern era, even if Saban retired with more overall.

And furthermore Saban's .5 LSU title is kind of bullshit. USC would have boat raced them in 2003.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Gladstone said:

Yes. Meyer is a money coach. I cannot recall a single coach other than Meyer and Saban who has done it at even two. The vast majority of even really good coaches either fail at their next gig, or they make a respectable showing but never quite reach the heights of their previous gig. Think Spurrier and Holtz, each at South Carolina. Butch Davis at North Carolina. Saban and Meyer are far and away the exception to the rule.

If Meyer ever made himself available again, he could break the bank. The guy just wins wherever he goes. I hope and pray he never coaches at Notre Dame. If he does, it will mean that he negotiated the serious academis requirement to his suiting. You can't make everyone take calculus and have a good football team. Even Stanford doesn't do that.