Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Funny how the left here

124»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

#metoo

I want the Wall. Big and Glorious. Then I want Howard Shultz new Global Starbux Digital Currency ( real reason he’s “running” for President, don’t kid yourself) to supplant the Dollar.

I’m stocked with popcorn and can roast it over an open fire.

Yes they 200 miles along the Rio grande in Texas is going to be beautiful.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019

Serious question--leave the merits for/against the wall out of it.

How do Conservatives who want the wall feel about the government land thievery (eminent domain) of hundreds of miles of privately-owned land that would be needed to build the wall?

Eminent domain isn’t “thievery” because they owner is compensated.... BUT is an absolute violation of the right to own private property and the power to force the transfer of land from a private entity to another against the will of the owner is a violation of the non agression principle.

The landowners that I’ve seen that are against it, are the ones that are afraid of losing water rights due to the barrier. I think we could find a way to canal some water under or through the barrier to make sure they still got their water. Might cost a few extra bucks. But something about wills and ways.

Quote feature fucking up again I see.
  • Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There is already a 6 meter buffer or easement on either side of the border between US and Canada, I am pretty sure the same is true with Mexico. The International Boundary Commission deals with that stuff, but I am too lazy to look. I sure the US will have to accommodate ranchers for access to water, but the wall will be built on that easement.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I think most of those on the border would welcome the wall. Many are tired of all the illegals coming through their property stealing, desiring and making a mess out of their places.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Dude61 said:

There is already a 6 meter buffer or easement on either side of the border between US and Canada, I am pretty sure the same is true with Mexico. The International Boundary Commission deals with that stuff, but I am too lazy to look. I sure the US will have to accommodate ranchers for access to water, but the wall will be built on that easement.

The stretch that's being talked about for this funding. Is on the Rio grande in Texas.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,834
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

Serious question--leave the merits for/against the wall out of it.

How do Conservatives who want the wall feel about the government land thievery (eminent domain) of hundreds of miles of privately-owned land that would be needed to build the wall?
    Eminent domain isn’t “thievery” because they owner is compensated.... BUT is an absolute violation of the right to own private property and the power to force the transfer of land from a private entity to another against the will of the owner is a violation of the non agression principle.

The landowners that I’ve seen that are against it, are the ones that are afraid of losing water rights due to the barrier. I think we could find a way to canal some water under or through the barrier to make sure they still got their water. Might cost a few extra bucks. But something about wills and ways.

Quote feature fucking up again I see.

Sven back in charge?

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Trump gets to build the Wall! No emergency declaration needed, according to Non-Partisan Congressional Research Office.

Translation: The Science is Settled. We’re building a Wall!

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5694004-Congressional-Research-Service-Can-the.html