Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marine vet held by ICE for possible deportation is U.S. citizen

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Me

You gutless little bitch

That's cute sugar bear.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

If you want to abolish the IRS or Dept of Education you are some sort of dangerous radical kook

Get rid of border enforcement? Mainstream issue

Can you explain why your side is so gung ho about the constitution (have to build a wall because constitution, have to have guns because constitution) but you’re now defending an organization that held a US citizen for 3 days without probable cause?
    That's disingenuous

The IRS wrongfully goes after tax payers. Courts wrongfully convict citizens. The EPA tramples the rights of land owners. The government sucks in general but we got to have one

Why is ICE different?

I think you want to abolish them and aren't afraid to say it - apologies if I am wrong

I'm working on the more timid on your side who post a link and run. I believe our Cortez the Killer wants to abolish it as well along with other democrat politicians. Don't agree but admire the guts to take a stand rather than the usual mealy mouthed gutless approach
    If you want to go after the IRS and EPA be my guest. The difference for me is those two aren’t responsible for hundreds of deaths. They don’t have thousands of sexual assault abuse complaints. They don’t hold war hero’s for 3 days because of the color of their skin. And they don’t separate children from their parents. So you can put lipstick on the old everybody does it argument but everybody doesn’t do that.

I think we can do better than an agency formed in the dust of 9/11 by the administration that brought us such hits as the Patriot Act, the Iraq War and the Great Recession. But if you don’t think Trump can do better, just say so.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you want to abolish the IRS or Dept of Education you are some sort of dangerous radical kook

Can you explain why your side is so gung ho about the constitution (have to build a wall because constitution, have to have guns because constitution) but you’re now defending an organization that held a US citizen for 3 days without probable cause?
    That's disingenuous

The IRS wrongfully goes after tax payers. Courts wrongfully convict citizens. The EPA tramples the rights of land owners. The government sucks in general but we got to have one

Why is ICE different?

I think you want to abolish them and aren't afraid to say it - apologies if I am wrong

I'm working on the more timid on your side who post a link and run. I believe our Cortez the Killer wants to abolish it as well along with other democrat politicians. Don't agree but admire the guts to take a stand rather than the usual mealy mouthed gutless approach
    If you want to go after the IRS and EPA be my guest. The difference for me is those two aren’t responsible for hundreds of deaths. They don’t have thousands of sexual assault abuse complaints. They don’t hold war hero’s for 3 days because of the color of their skin. And they don’t separate children from their parents. So you can put lipstick on the old everybody does it argument but everybody doesn’t do that.

I think we can do better than an agency formed in the dust of 9/11 by the administration that brought us such hits as the Patriot Act, the Iraq War and the Great Recession. But if you don’t think Trump can do better, just say so.
    What should replace them? And who do they meet daily? The worst of the worst

Law enforcement sucks too and kills people

Do you want to replace them? Not everyone does

Let's restrict immigration to legal means where we control who gets in and you'll have a lot less issues with ICE

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,769

That's disingenuous

Why is ICE different?

MI would make a good illegal immigrant deportation camp. Only two ways on and off the islands. Lots of spare bedrooms in the mansions

Fly them up. When they clear the process they can walk over to Bellevue and freedom.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marine-vet-held-by-ice-for-possible-deportation-is-u-s-citizen/

A Marine veteran with post-traumatic stress disorder was held for three days for possible deportation before federal authorities learned the 27-year-old is a U.S. citizen born in Michigan, lawyers said Wednesday. Jilmar Ramos-Gomez was a lance corporal in the Marines and received awards for service in Afghanistan.

"He was decorated with a national defense service medal, a global war on terrorism service medal, an Afghanistan campaign medal, and a combat action ribbon, among other awards," the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan said Wednesday in a statement.

"Why did they think he was a non-citizen? Did they get him confused with someone else? Who knows," ACLU attorney Miriam Aukerman said. "This is an individual who's incredibly vulnerable with a mental illness."

That is truly horrible and Heads should roll for this shit.
  • Options

That's disingenuous

Why is ICE different?

What should replace them? And who do they meet daily? The worst of the worst

Law enforcement sucks too and kills people

Do you want to replace them? Not everyone does

Let's restrict immigration to legal means where we control who gets in and you'll have a lot less issues with ICE

How about an agency that won’t commit human rights violations? Drain the swamp.

The problems with law enforcement are so intertwined with the justice system that replacing one without the other would accomplish nothing. Massive overhauls to both are needed.

These are not valid comparisons though. ICE didn’t exist until 2003. It’s like saying if you want to get rid of the Patriot Act why not get rid of the Bill of Rights? You don’t want war in Iraq so you think we should have just let Hitler win?

I understand the point in challenging the logic by applying it to other situations but I don’t find any of the situations youve suggested to be similar enough to be compelling.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2019
    Do you have any evidence that they were only holding him because of the color of his skin?

Is it some kind of new revelation to you that large government bureaucracies are often incompetent and do a very shitty job? Have you spent anytime inside of a California DMV office in the last few years? They suck and they are incompetent and they make all kinds of mistakes. Should I blame it on racism and the color of my skin?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Clearly, more to this "story"
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is there a proposal to replace ICE? I'd hate to think folks just want to eliminate enforcement aka open borders

Sanctuary cities won't let local law enforcement do the job. Someone has too

You give a guy a gun and authority and some are going to abuse it. Natural selection made us that way

Give me an alternative
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,177
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Cuz not building a fucking wall is like open borders and shit.
    you're fag
  • Options

Is there a proposal to replace ICE? I'd hate to think folks just want to eliminate enforcement aka open borders

You give a guy a gun and authority and some are going to abuse it. Natural selection made us that way

Give me an alternative

We didn’t have open borders before ICE and we won’t have open borders after ICE.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Give me an alternative

We didn’t have open borders before ICE and we won’t have open borders after ICE.
    Get out of here with your logic and reason. Obviously if ICE is abolished, America will become Mexico North.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Give me an alternative

How did those 20 million get here?

ICE isn't the border patrol. Its law enforcement for the ones here

They remove the bad seeds

So the alternative is?
  • Options
    We have to eliminate it to find out what the alternative is?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

True. We’ve got to get it passed so that We can see what’s in it.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    USMChawk said:

Hmm, a Voter ID card could have prevented this from happening.

@Crawfish, TRUE??!!?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Case closed
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739

That's disingenuous

Why is ICE different?

Your Trump hatred is noted.

You can stop feigning concern about the rest now.
  • Options

That's disingenuous

Why is ICE different?

Your Trump hatred is noted.

You can stop feigning concern about the rest now.
    Pressing.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019
    SFGbob said:

They found out he was a citizen, he was no longer subject to deportation. The system works.

The Decadent Standard