Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dontae McMillan, 3* 2019 RB, Seattle (Chief Sealth), WA

Comments

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Have we offered yet? No? Well fuck us then. Get this kid in the boat for fucks sake. Local kid who plays mean and has position flexibility at two positions of need.

We'll finish with Heimuli and Patterson. So I am perfectly happy with McMillan considering we aren't getting Ford or Nacua. Oregon dicked us in WR recruiting at the end of this cycle. Ford and Nacua should both have been Dawgs.

How did whoregon dick us? We (Lubick/others) dicked us...
    Just meant that they seemingly came out of nowhere to contend for Ford and Nacua (actually passed us on Ford) but that is on account of Lubick it seems.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,928
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Have we offered yet? No? Well fuck us then. Get this kid in the boat for fucks sake. Local kid who plays mean and has position flexibility at two positions of need.

We'll finish with Heimuli and Patterson. So I am perfectly happy with McMillan considering we aren't getting Ford or Nacua. Oregon dicked us in WR recruiting at the end of this cycle. Ford and Nacua should both have been Dawgs.

How did whoregon dick us? We (Lubick/others) dicked us...
    Just meant that they seemingly came out of nowhere to contend for Ford and Nacua (actually passed us on Ford) but that is on account of Lubick it seems.
    Oh, bent us over and dicked us. Yes, they did
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:
    What does the W on his shirt mean?

Whitman?
    Whitworth?
    Western?
    Wenatchee Valley Community College?

Someone help!!!!

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Shouldn’t we be taking the kid who is faster and more athletic who Pete would rather have, instead?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We should take this fucker over KPatt and move Draco to TE. This kid is special man but his potential gets kind of unlocked by being developed under Pete.

Which means we’ll never take him.......

sad thing, we no longer recruit kids like kevin king. he would never get offered today by UW. Even though he is fucking beast. Too developmental
    This is one of DDY's dumber complaints, so I shouldn't be surprised you're plagiarisming it.

There are some things to complain about with our recruiting right now, but DB recruiting is not one of them.

In Jimmy Lake I Trust.
    Also the fact that we took a guy last year, in Dominique Hampton, who represented exactly what he's complaining about - lower ranked guy with tons of upside
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

We should take this fucker over KPatt and move Draco to TE. This kid is special man but his potential gets kind of unlocked by being developed under Pete.

sad thing, we no longer recruit kids like kevin king. he would never get offered today by UW. Even though he is fucking beast. Too developmental
    This is one of DDY's dumber complaints, so I shouldn't be surprised you're plagiarisming it.

There are some things to complain about with our recruiting right now, but DB recruiting is not one of them.

In Jimmy Lake I Trust.
    I just think we should take a flyer 1 or 2 kids each class. Last year we took MJ Ale. not sure who is this years project, trice maybe
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

In Jimmy Lake I Trust.
    Also the fact that we took a guy last year, in Dominique Hampton, who represented exactly what he's complaining about - lower ranked guy with tons of upside
    dude did you see his sr tape? dude i thought he was the best CB prospect on the west. Kid looked fucking incredible. Dom is going to fucking start next year, he came in at 6"2 and 190 pounds. King was like 170 or something as freshman. We talking about completely different area codes
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I, too, listen to the TSIO podcast.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Hopefully something will work out, a la Myles Bryant and Ryan Bowman.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

In Jimmy Lake I Trust.
    I just think we should take a flyer 1 or 2 kids each class. Last year we took MJ Ale. not sure who is this years project, trice maybe
    Trice had an Alabama and ND offer. He isn't a project. Ale is 6-5 362 and had an Oregon, Utah and UCLA offer. Neither of those two are projects.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

In Jimmy Lake I Trust.
    This isn’t about DB or Jimmy Lake. This is about Pete’s recruiting limiting the opportunities given to at-risk, underprivileged black athletes behind the cloak of “OKG” when in reality Budda Baker, Kevin King, and Keishawn Bierria, some of the kids who were the least OKG coming out of high school, turned out to be, not only the most successful players on the field, but the most charismatic leaders in the community off the field. Every single one of us thinks the Sark recruits that got to play under Pete is what our ceiling should look like.

Most character issue players commit bad violations because they are surrounded by people that condone and enable their behavior. Pete and his coaches do not. That has trickled down to the players holding each other countable and forming bonds so powerful that Myles gaskin doesn’t only say he supports Jake but also says that he’s an amazing quarterback. Think of how strong that bond must be for such a smart guy like Myles to publicly state something so delusional. Of course you’re going to get bad apples like Kentrell Love, Sr. Azeem, Camilo Eifler, but did any of those players leave a black eye on how people view the integrity of UDUB? Hell no. There is absolutely zero difference in Kentrell Love leaving the team, and Amandre Williams from Tahoma leaving? If those are the only 3 bad apples think about all the players who could’ve easily been that way if not for Pete. I support Marcus peters being kicked off the team because he had to build this culture. But now that the culture has been instilled, I have a really hard time believing that Jack Jones would’ve robbed a Panda Express at gun point after spending a year being mentored by the DB’s of 2016. Not only mentored but also motivated after seeing all those kids from tough backgrounds get drafted in high in the NFL draft.

That’s what this is all about. UDUB football scholarships are lottery tickets. Pete should feel the most accomplished seeing Budda Baker be a stud in the NFL awhile his brother was in jail and has now tragically been killed thinking that could’ve been Budda if not for “Built for Life”. He should feel the most rewarded getting the next version of jack jones and putting him in a room full of coaches who are gonna be like parents he never had, and a room full of brothers that love him so much they won’t let him cheat on his own success. Pete wanted to kick Azeem off the team before his first violation only a couple months after the fiesta bowl. Was it to save him for the next year that he probably wouldn’t do much in because of the injury? No because he knew where his life would go without being on this team. Then the first violation came and Pete would’ve done it if not for KB stepping in. That’s why KB is the goat. Neither would be recruited by Pete today.

Instead of focusing on kids who are already built for life and will work hard because their support system has already instilled great values in them, he should recruit the best athlete who NEED to be built for life and starving for someone to give that to them along with a lottery like opportunity they are so desperate for, they have no choice but to work hard.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

A lot of your takes are great LMJ but I couldn’t even read this one ...

There’s way too much insinuation and innuendo on a subject where the answer may be that they are in on bigger targets, don’t have a spot at the moment, or struggle to see where there is a fit.

I’m fairly confident that if scholarship numbers weren’t a question and we were able to offer whoever then it’d be done

It’s not about Dontae, it’s about @WeakarmCobra saying we no longer recruit kids like Kevin King.

Also who’s LMJ?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    LMJ = LMC with autocorrect

As for Kevin King’s ... I also don’t understand the comments there ... because Kevin was undersized in HS? Inner-city? I don’t get it
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2019
    Just because you have a sibling in trouble doesn't mean you are considered a risk. The coaches want good teammates and emotionally mature kids on the team from what I can tell. By all accounts budda was a great teammate and leader in high school and by all accounts had no off field. Not sure I see the comparison.

Not sure I understand the Kevin king comparison, really doesn't apply at db any more but may other positions that we don't recruit as well and need to take more chances on. Was kk an off field issue? He always seemed to be all about business and coachable. Just played with a ton of swag. Maybe I am missing something that those with "access" know.

Probably 100 percent true they wouldn't have recruited azeem. Not sure about bierrea but we sure as hell don't recruit that area as much any more which is a disadvantage.

I would be completely on board with an offer to McMillan as he is easy to root for. I don't think his lack of offer has anything to do with off field issues but that's just my observance.