Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So I woke up this morning

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,631
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2019

and thought it was just one week ago today that I got up all excited to go watch the worst Husky Rose Bowl performance of my lifetime.

Then I thought about what I watched last night

Then I decided to pick some message bored fights on coaching, recruiting, and how do we find a way to beat Cal.

If we don't at least get as excited about branding and recruiting as Oregon does and we don't, how are we going to Dabo our way to the top? We have as good of a DC as Venables. I really believe this. But we're miles to go on offense both in coaching and players. I'll settle for a REAL O line for now.

The biggest disappointment in the 5 years so far is the inability to steal even one win or to show up ready to play every week or to have some sort of competent special teams

I do know it can change and we are recruiting better but it doesn't matter what we? think it matters what Petermen's bosses think

If you have a coach that can beat better teams before we are even in players you have an elite coach. Pete is a conundrum. I just hope he isn't Kirk Ferentz

That's how dark my mood is

PS: Congratulations for waking up this morning!
    Came here to say this.

RACE BANNON HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!!!1
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Race answer the more important question, when was the last time you woke up with morning wood? When Mohammed was roaming the desert?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Pete in 2019 should have only one loss and play in the P12 championship game. Year 6 facts.

It's hard
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    One thing to keep in mind, look at our? NY6 draws. Alebama, Penn with Saquon, and Ohio State. It’s not like we? lucked into a matchup against Notre Dame, Miami, UCF or Michigan even. Those are games that with our? talent we should lose. Auburn was a clusterfuck, and a game we? should have won without needing any luck.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Don't be so negative. At least your C-PAP machine is working.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Petersen is David Shaw until proven otherwise. A stubborn, offensive-minded coach that runs his system to a fault. The difference is Shaw has won the big game (though his Rose Bowls were against Iowa and Wisconsin) and we haven't (Bama, Penn State, OSU).

Both teams will be in contention to win the North every year, but sometimes the results leave a lot to be desired.

Shaw benefitted from inheriting a good team and Andrew Luck, but he was able to beat Oregon when they were on top and get 2 Rose Bowl W's. Petersen benefitted from a shit conference and winning against teams we? should beat, but shitting the bed in the big games.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    A

we?

Yup. I've been around a lot longer than you have Tonto. You'd do well to remember that.

I was there! when we were shit-talking before the 2000 UW/Miami game. While you were still dating cheerleaders.
    I had a 2 tent full tended brunch bar in the East fucking end zone for that game.

Pump my scotch, cane!!
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

Elite coaches should be able to get atleast one upset/surprise/big win in 5 years, even if they luck into it. even with slightly deficient talent

UW will never have the institutional culture, structure or support that the schools in the South have created. NEVER.

Lou Holtz was brilliant at ND in this perspective.

Second point, is almost a non-starter. The loser mentality of Seattle will always lower the ceiling, especially with the “progressives” on campus, which is an additional battle any UW Coach has to battle, while others are spending their energy reloading.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dawgs206 said:

Petersen is David Shaw until proven otherwise. A stubborn, offensive-minded coach that runs his system to a fault. The difference is Shaw has won the big game (though his Rose Bowls were against Iowa and Wisconsin) and we haven't (Bama, Penn State, OSU).

Both teams will be in contention to win the North every year, but sometimes the results leave a lot to be desired.

Shaw benefitted from inheriting a good team and Andrew Luck, but he was able to beat Oregon when they were on top and get 2 Rose Bowl W's. Petersen benefitted from a shit conference and winning against teams we? should beat, but shitting the bed in the big games.

To date, Shaw>Petersen
  • Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Petersen >> Shaw rather easily. No one on this bored would trade Pete for Shaw
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

GOAT said:

Petersen >> Shaw rather easily. No one on this bored would trade Pete for Shaw

No one on this board would deny that Shaw has achieved more than Pete to this point.
    No doubt about that. He has arguably produced the most accomplished program in the conference over his tenure. He also produces some serious "WTF did he just do?" moments at the worst possible time in some games, but he's a winner overall and puts up a serious fight in big time games.

Pete has UW feeling way too much like oregon in terms of big game accomplishments. Sucks big time in this area. Who knows though, Eason for brownshorts is a huge upgrade. Maybe this crop of youngsters coupled with a leader like Skinny changes big game performance. Hate to say it, but until they turn that corner, it's hard to get too excited about Husky Football.