Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW marketing update

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,109
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Doogles said:

She should just add #GoBears and rep all 3 of our losses. Why not?

I did some research into her background. She used to work at Auburn and Oregon's athletic department. She is very qualified for her position.

Director of Marketing @ Auburn Athletics Department

Assistant Director of Marketing and Gameday Experience @ University of Oregon

Event Coordinator @ Octagon

Sales Associate @ Nike

She graduated with a BA in Sports Business from Oregon.

You can find some examples of her work at http://www.rachaelmariedoyle.com.

She is also on the Dubs committee. She was one of the people who helped find a home for Dubs II before it officially became the Huskies mascot.

Rachael also likes candy and exercising. Hth.

Be nice.
    @Crawfish, I don’t know if you’re trying to be funny or attempting to whoosh us, but I’ll assume you’re being serious because I am nice...

No one is saying she’s unqualified for her job. I’m sure she’s done some good things for the department...BUT YOU DON’T HAVE (and yes I’m busting out the @Dennis_DeYoung all caps of anger here) ANYTHING PROMOTING YOUR COMPETITION IN SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS! She works for UW! She relinquished her right in to give Oregon FREE PUB! in any of her professional Twitter accounts.

I bet Chevy wouldn’t want their CEO throwing #BuiltFordTough on their Twitter feed.
    Is your twitter handle @mrspetersenuw?
    You don’t want to see @Doog_de_Jour angry
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,445
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Doogles said:

She should just add #GoBears and rep all 3 of our losses. Why not?

I did some research into her background. She used to work at Auburn and Oregon's athletic department. She is very qualified for her position.

Director of Marketing @ Auburn Athletics Department

Assistant Director of Marketing and Gameday Experience @ University of Oregon

Event Coordinator @ Octagon

Sales Associate @ Nike

She graduated with a BA in Sports Business from Oregon.

You can find some examples of her work at http://www.rachaelmariedoyle.com.

She is also on the Dubs committee. She was one of the people who helped find a home for Dubs II before it officially became the Huskies mascot.

Rachael also likes candy and exercising. Hth.

Be nice.
    @Crawfish, I don’t know if you’re trying to be funny or attempting to whoosh us, but I’ll assume you’re being serious because I am nice...

No one is saying she’s unqualified for her job. I’m sure she’s done some good things for the department...BUT YOU DON’T HAVE (and yes I’m busting out the @Dennis_DeYoung all caps of anger here) ANYTHING PROMOTING YOUR COMPETITION IN SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS! She works for UW! She relinquished her right in to give Oregon FREE PUB! in any of her professional Twitter accounts.

I bet Chevy wouldn’t want their CEO throwing #BuiltFordTough on their Twitter feed.
    Is your twitter handle @mrspetersenuw?
    No.
    Please accept my sincere apologies. I am relatively new to HH.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Looks to me like she lists her previous employers on her account (Oregon, Auburn, Nike). Also looks like it's her personal, not her work, twitter.

Imagine getting upset over something like this. The Oregon AD guys openly root for the schools they used to work for on Twitter. Honestly who gives a fuck.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    What a stupid bitch - can her ass
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

PurpleJ said:

Crawfish said:

Can we just ask her nicely to remove the goducks hashtag? Why are you guys trying to get her fired. She seems like a nice person.

The name of the game is marketing and you want to keep someone who thinks it's a good idea to list 2 other schools (one is a rival) on her social media account? Dare I say...bad for our brand?

What the fuck are they teaching at Middlebury these days? Compassion for losers who don't get it?
    my take on this is that first, like all of you, this is just a fucking insult to our own brand and it comes from inside our own team.

second, from a marketing perspective you can actually do this. It's done successfully in the business world in fact....these types of businesses are called DOLLAR STORES. They basically sell anyone's shit and they don't care about any one person's particular brand or product as long as they get a transaction out of it.

Does our marketing department want the UW brand to be in a Dollar Store?

Maybe...maybe they do; maybe they don't but they just don't care enough to get the details right. Or maybe they took marketing at Oregon (Hi Rachael) and just didn't learn that strategy is the second part of marketing.

What is clear though is that the UW marketing department and people like Rachael don't have any interest in elevating our brand to stand for something. It's just "my job is to show up 9-5 Monday-Friday and pump out some appropriate social media and then done." and then on Saturday they are cheering for the Auburn Eagles or #WashingtonFlock.

It's unacceptable to me.....but hey, Jen Cohen met Don James right? I guess that's the extent of pursuing excellence.

I wonder how many hours Rachael would last with that bullshit on her profile if she worked for any other blue blood...5 minutes? 2 days? Never mine, it was a rhetorical question because Washington doesn't give a shit. We're so caught up in this inclusion narrative that we are probably fucking proud to say that we employ Duck fans and let them be who they want to be during the work.

Swoosh life...fucking hell...right after Cohen negotiates a big motherfucking contract with Adidas, you have a staffer still promoting the swoosh...el oh el.
    Somebody send to Cohen
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Shout out to the TSIO crew

But what does her tinder say?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,879
    Just show tits and all is forgiven, Rachel.