Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW marketing update

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,425 Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Doogles said:

She should just add #GoBears and rep all 3 of our losses. Why not?

I did some research into her background. She used to work at Auburn and Oregon's athletic department. She is very qualified for her position.

Director of Marketing @ Auburn Athletics Department

Assistant Director of Marketing and Gameday Experience @ University of Oregon

Event Coordinator @ Octagon

Sales Associate @ Nike

She graduated with a BA in Sports Business from Oregon.

You can find some examples of her work at http://www.rachaelmariedoyle.com.

She is also on the Dubs committee. She was one of the people who helped find a home for Dubs II before it officially became the Huskies mascot.

Rachael also likes candy and exercising. Hth.

Be nice.
    @Crawfish, I don’t know if you’re trying to be funny or attempting to whoosh us, but I’ll assume you’re being serious because I am nice...

No one is saying she’s unqualified for her job. I’m sure she’s done some good things for the department...BUT YOU DON’T HAVE (and yes I’m busting out the @Dennis_DeYoung all caps of anger here) ANYTHING PROMOTING YOUR COMPETITION IN SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS! She works for UW! She relinquished her right in to give Oregon FREE PUB! in any of her professional Twitter accounts.

I bet Chevy wouldn’t want their CEO throwing #BuiltFordTough on their Twitter feed.
    Is your twitter handle @mrspetersenuw?
    You don’t want to see @Doog_de_Jour angry

An orgy with Whatevergirl, crazy Bama diving bitch and ^^^this ginger needs to happen.

You forgot cuog sweater puppet girl.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Baseman said:

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Doogles said:

I did some research into her background. She used to work at Auburn and Oregon's athletic department. She is very qualified for her position.

Sales Associate @ Nike

She is also on the Dubs committee. She was one of the people who helped find a home for Dubs II before it officially became the Huskies mascot.

Be nice.
    @Crawfish, I don’t know if you’re trying to be funny or attempting to whoosh us, but I’ll assume you’re being serious because I am nice...

No one is saying she’s unqualified for her job. I’m sure she’s done some good things for the department...BUT YOU DON’T HAVE (and yes I’m busting out the @Dennis_DeYoung all caps of anger here) ANYTHING PROMOTING YOUR COMPETITION IN SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS! She works for UW! She relinquished her right in to give Oregon FREE PUB! in any of her professional Twitter accounts.

I bet Chevy wouldn’t want their CEO throwing #BuiltFordTough on their Twitter feed.

An orgy with Whatevergirl, crazy Bama diving bitch and ^^^this ginger needs to happen.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,620 Founders Club

Baseman said:

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Doogles said:

Sales Associate @ Nike

Be nice.

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

ATTENTION JEN COHEN: IF YOU CAN LOOK PAST THE SOPHOMORIC HUMOR, WE WILL NOT STEER YOU WRONG!

If men, in today's world, are expected to ignore a great ass or big set of knockers while pretending to listen to what a woman has to say Jen should be expected to see the real logic through the fog of mens natural depravity. It's only fair.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,780 Swaye's Wigwam

CaptainPJ said:

ntxduck said:

Looks to me like she lists her previous employers on her account (Oregon, Auburn, Nike). Also looks like it's her personal, not her work, twitter.

She used it to comment on the Alaska Airlines seats- a UW related post.

If she wants to have all that stuff on her personal account, fine, take the job title off. Or say Oregon [class year] or Auburn [class year]. Using hashtags like that is bad optics that conflict with her current employment. It also shows she has zero clue about how UW fans would react- and she is in charge of FAN ENGAGEMENT AT UW

Want a personal Twitter, fine. Just make sure to separate the two. If you work in sports your employer is who you are a fan of.
    Precisely. Anyone with a degree in marketing or business should understand this. Again, if Ms. Doyle wants to quook it up in her personal time, good for her - she’s a UO alum after all. I also have no issues with her listing her Auburn or Oregon gigs...Jen Cohen worked at other schools before coming to UW (PLU and Texas Tech), but you don’t see her with #GoRedRaiders on her Twitter. (Not the fairest of comparisons I realize, but I think my point is valid.)

I don’t want this woman fired, but I think it’s a “learning opportunity” (to use corporate jargon), and it’s little details like this that while not maybe big in some people’s eyes, matter to passionate fans, who are at the end of the day who the athletic department should pay attention to.

Maybe we could drill down on this some more and circle back to see if we can find a consensus and do some team building while we are at it
    Nice pivot, although I’m not sure we have the bandwidth to pull through that type of disruptive strategy.
    Is this scalable?

Is it the right synergy?

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6476012110852743168

YWFMS
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,959 Standard Supporter

CaptainPJ said:

ntxduck said:

Looks to me like she lists her previous employers on her account (Oregon, Auburn, Nike). Also looks like it's her personal, not her work, twitter.

If she wants to have all that stuff on her personal account, fine, take the job title off. Or say Oregon [class year] or Auburn [class year]. Using hashtags like that is bad optics that conflict with her current employment. It also shows she has zero clue about how UW fans would react- and she is in charge of FAN ENGAGEMENT AT UW

Want a personal Twitter, fine. Just make sure to separate the two. If you work in sports your employer is who you are a fan of.
    Precisely. Anyone with a degree in marketing or business should understand this. Again, if Ms. Doyle wants to quook it up in her personal time, good for her - she’s a UO alum after all. I also have no issues with her listing her Auburn or Oregon gigs...Jen Cohen worked at other schools before coming to UW (PLU and Texas Tech), but you don’t see her with #GoRedRaiders on her Twitter. (Not the fairest of comparisons I realize, but I think my point is valid.)

I don’t want this woman fired, but I think it’s a “learning opportunity” (to use corporate jargon), and it’s little details like this that while not maybe big in some people’s eyes, matter to passionate fans, who are at the end of the day who the athletic department should pay attention to.

Maybe we could drill down on this some more and circle back to see if we can find a consensus and do some team building while we are at it
    Nice pivot, although I’m not sure we have the bandwidth to pull through that type of disruptive strategy.
    Is this scalable?

Is it the right synergy?

YWFMS
    Fuck. That video pretty much sums up my daily work life.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,780 Swaye's Wigwam

CaptainPJ said:

ntxduck said:

Is this scalable?

Is it the right synergy?

YWFMS
    Yep! But did you laugh? Or at least crack a smile? Or did a little piece of you die inside?
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,959 Standard Supporter

CaptainPJ said:

ntxduck said:

Is this scalable?

Is it the right synergy?

YWFMS
    Yep! But did you laugh? Or at least crack a smile? Or did a little piece of you die inside?
    All of the above.