Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sounds like the final two at CU are: Jimmy Lake and Ryan Day

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Domicillo said:
    I would be very happy if they hired Jim Leavitt, don't know about Derek Mason and so not particularly worried, but I would prefer they not hire Mel Tucker. The Georgia defense is good and loaded. Obviously he can recruit very well and I'd prefer they not have that.

Georgia has a very very good defense. It is difficult to know how lesser talent would affect that, but considering his seeming recruiting pedigree, I would prefer we not find out.

TL;DR please hire Leavitt
    Its always better for UW if new head coaches come from a different region.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The more Lakes name is floated for HC openings, the higher his market value. If UW closes well on this recruiting class, and with the program leveling up J Lake’s market goes ever higher.

Colorado today. SC a year from now.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

The more Lakes name is floated for HC openings, the higher his market value. If UW closes well on this recruiting class, and with the program leveling up J Lake’s market goes ever higher.

I was about to say I bet USC would be in the running for someone bigger than Lake, then I remembered they hired Clay Helton in the first place.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I heard Jim Mora is letting it be known through intermediaries that he is interested.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dongman said:

This happens every year and yet he's still here. People think he's full of shit when he says he's staying and are proven wrong time and time again (Hi fat fuck Fetters and Ektard). Colorado is a shit job. They don't have the recruiting potential or infrastructure to be a good program. It's a black hole job. Nobody can succeed there no matter how good they are. I would be shocked if Jimmy took that job. Being reported as a top target for Colorado doesn't mean he has any interest in the job at all. If I were him, I'd wait for the USC job to open up one or two years from now.

You realize head coaches get 3-5 million dollars a year and keep getting it even if they get fired?

You take the job no questions asked if offered.
    Our coaches are different than many others. It's not just about money with them. Money doesn't rule their lives. Being happy living in a certain location and having a happy family far outweigh their desire for more money. Does Jimmy have head coaching ambition? Yes, but I think his ambition goes much higher than being the HC at a shit program like Colorado. He's young. The money will be there when the blue bloods start calling.
    lol, okay...........if someone offers him 2.5+ he’s going. Sounds like CU wants someone with past experience, IMO a shit move for CU, Lake is worth it. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him make a jump to NFL (coordinator) before a college head coach anyway. Especially with the way the game is changing. He has the mind to do it.
    Not if it's not the right fit. Like I said, the money will come when he starts getting offers from bigger schools. It's called betting on yourself instead of jumping at the first Power 5 HC job offer. Last year he was a top DC candidate. Now he's a DC and a lower-tier Power 5 HC candidate. A year or two from now he'll be a blue blood candidate. Patience is a virtue and his patience will payoff.
  • Options

Ballz has fucking lost it.

"Our coaches are different and don't care about money "

Gtfo

Money isn't everything. Petersen has turned down Texas, Texas A@M, and Tennessee since he's been at UW. All of those jobs would have likely paid him more than what he's making at UW. Texas A&M for sure. Our head coach is different and his disciples are different.
  • Options

Gtfo

Also our former DC Pete Kwiatkowski, who was the best DC in the conference, stepped down from play calling duties and gave his job to Jimmy Lake to keep him on staff and took a pay cut by doing so. You never see something like that happening elsewhere. Our coaches are different. Very low ego and money doesn't rule their decision making.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    jesus, and i thought i brought enough aids to the board today with pete closet racist crap
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

I was about to say I bet USC would be in the running for someone bigger than Lake, then I remembered they hired Clay Helton in the first place.
    SC alumni regrets not hiring Peterman. Lake, a Pete, disciple, will be very attractive when LA’s restless sack the underserving Clay Clay

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

Can we please not put the staff on some unfounded moral pedestal. Pete has plenty of former coaches and staff across the football landscape. Every time he gets a question about development he always relates it to his belief in developing his coaching staff as well. He's always supported his guys taking other opportunities and even encourages hiring people who've worked on other staffs before too because they can get a better understanding of the reasoning behind Pete's philosophy. If money didn't matter then Pete wouldn't have given out raises, including renegotiating his own contract at times to demand an increase in budget capacity from the AD dedicated for personnel payroll. You'll see it again this offseason just like every year so far; some staff will get increases, some roles will be readjusted, some people choose will go elsewhere and some will be encouraged to go elsewhere.

Jfc. He didn't say money doesn't matter, he said it's not everything. Of course Pete goes and gets more money for his guys.

But if all Jimmy da gawd lake cared about was a salary increase, he'd be coaching cal right now.

Jimny lake has been a DC for one year. Maybe he likes learning from two of the best coaches in the country and isn't in a hurry to go to some shithole like Colorado and faceplant?

It's not that hard.

• Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Gtfo

Also our former DC Pete Kwiatkowski, who was the best DC in the conference, stepped down from play calling duties and gave his job to Jimmy Lake to keep him on staff and took a pay cut by doing so. You never see something like that happening elsewhere. Our coaches are different. Very low ego and money doesn't rule their decision making.
    Kwiat doesn’t do that in a vacuum. It’s clear Jimmy Lake has a high value worth. Pete knows what he’s capable of. Kwiat was given a nudge and a smile to oblige Jimmy as co DC. Now Kwiat didn’t throw a fit and leave but it all happened because Pete wants Jimmy on his side, even at the expense of Kwiat.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    doogville said:

Domicillo said:

Can we please not put the staff on some unfounded moral pedestal. Pete has plenty of former coaches and staff across the football landscape. Every time he gets a question about development he always relates it to his belief in developing his coaching staff as well. He's always supported his guys taking other opportunities and even encourages hiring people who've worked on other staffs before too because they can get a better understanding of the reasoning behind Pete's philosophy. If money didn't matter then Pete wouldn't have given out raises, including renegotiating his own contract at times to demand an increase in budget capacity from the AD dedicated for personnel payroll. You'll see it again this offseason just like every year so far; some staff will get increases, some roles will be readjusted, some people choose will go elsewhere and some will be encouraged to go elsewhere.

Jfc. He didn't say money doesn't matter, he said it's not everything. Of course Pete goes and gets more money for his guys.

But if all Jimmy da gawd lake cared about was a salary increase, he'd be coaching cal right now.

Jimny lake has been a DC for one year. Maybe he likes learning from two of the best coaches in the country and isn't in a hurry to go to some shithole like Colorado and faceplant?

It's not that hard.

Colorado is not a shit hole. CU is a shit hole. Boulder fucking sucks and it’s a shit tier job.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595

doogville said:

Domicillo said:

It's not that hard.

Colorado is not a shit hole. CU is a shit hole. Boulder fucking sucks and it’s a shit tier job.
    And you are a shit tier cunt
  • Options

doogville said:

Domicillo said:

It's not that hard.

And you’re a sandy vag.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    edited November 2018

doogville said:

Domicillo said:

It's not that hard.

And you’re a sandy vag.
    That implies I'm bitter about something. I may very well be a Sandy vag. What about though?

I just threw a generic nonsense insult at you

Ya bearded cunt
  • Options

doogville said:

Domicillo said:

It's not that hard.

And you’re a sandy vag.
    That implies I'm bitter about something. I may very well be a Sandy vag. What about though?

I just threw a generic nonsense insult at you

Ya bearded cunt
    Ok!