Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is this the year Herbs finally

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

Herbert sucks like Sam Darnold sucked his last season at SC which means he doesn't actually suck. He's still a clear NFL talent but he has regressed and lost confidence because the OC he's working with is shit, the play calls are shit, and he has only one guy to throw to. He'll be a better pro than college player because he'll get better coaching and have better talent to throw to. His talent is wasted at Oregon.

Just like Gaskin’s talent being wasted at UW?
    Minus

Herbert sucks like Sam Darnold sucked his last season at SC which means he doesn't actually suck. He's still a clear NFL talent but he has regressed and lost confidence because the OC he's working with is shit, the play calls are shit, and he has only one guy to throw to. He'll be a better pro than college player because he'll get better coaching and have better talent to throw to. His talent is wasted at Oregon.

WTF how? What other program would he have been better off at? He's UW's all-time career leading rusher. He's a hometown kid who's a 4-year starter for his hometown team. His talent has flourished and has been showcased as much as possible. For a 3-star recruit who doesn't have prototypical NFL size, he has overachieved at UW.
    The similarities are mind boggling.

Herbert three star recruit
    Herbert home grown kid
    Herbert might be Oregon’s all time leading passer after next year
    Herbert like every other college football player since 2000, has been showcased
    Herbert possible top 5 NFL pick.
    Herbert hasn’t won a major bowl game. Has Gaskins?
    Herbert not heavily recruited

It's not close at all.

Gaskin isn't UW's all time leading passer...in fact I don't think has ever thrown a pass.

He won't be drafted top 5.

Gaskin is a Pa 12 Champion and won numerous post season honors.
    Missing my point again...
    No...we're not.

It's because you don't have one.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2018
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Minus

WTF how? What other program would he have been better off at? He's UW's all-time career leading rusher. He's a hometown kid who's a 4-year starter for his hometown team. His talent has flourished and has been showcased as much as possible. For a 3-star recruit who doesn't have prototypical NFL size, he has overachieved at UW.

Herbert home grown kid

It's not close at all.

Gaskin isn't UW's all time leading passer...in fact I don't think has ever thrown a pass.

No...we're not.

My point

Gaskin is great, Herbert isn't.

@Strongarmcobra claims that Herbert's talent is being wasted at Oregon. My argument is that he doesn't have as much talent as other people claim. While Herbert is tall, athletic, and has a cannon of an arm, so were Jake Lockner and Derek Anderson, and they didn't amount to anything.

Miles Gaskins is an all-time husky great and will most likely not have a single major bowl win in his career. Which is in large part due to an under performing offensive line, a noodle arm quarterback, and and a head coach who lost his edge. That is wasting talent.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Minus

Herbert home grown kid

It's not close at all.

No...we're not.

My point

@Strongarmcobra claims that Herbert's talent is being wasted at Oregon. My argument is that he doesn't have as much talent as other people claim. While Herbert is tall, athletic, and has a cannon of an arm, so were Jake Lockner and Derek Anderson, and they didn't amount to anything.

Miles Gaskins is an all-time husky great and will most likely not have a single major bowl win in his career. Which is in large part due to an under performing offensive line, a noodle arm quarterback, and and a head coach who lost his edge. That is wasting talent.
    Like I said, Gaskin came out of high school an unheralded 3-star recruit. He has helped take a mediocre 7-6 program and win a conference title, lead UW to their first college football playoff appearance, and win back to back 10 win seasons which hadn't been done at UW in 20 years all while breaking UW rushing records. You're reaching so fucking hard. Gaskin overachieved at UW. There is no other program in the nation he could have had a better career at period. Herbert on the other hand was thrown into the fire as a true Freshman and has had to deal with shit coaching and coaching changes his entire career. He was a broken leg in high school away from getting a UW offer and being a Dawg and he would have been much better off.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Minus

Herbert home grown kid

It's not close at all.

No...we're not.

My point

Awful, awful take.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    haie said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Minus

Herbert home grown kid

It's not close at all.

No...we're not.

My point

Awful, awful take.
    Truth hurts...
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

Probably should wait to see if Gaskin is a one time or two time league champ before comparing him to a second division qb

LEAGUE CHAMPIANS!!!!

• Options

duck fans are proud of finishing near the bottom of this shit league

Wouldn't want to win it. Happy not to

go ducks

I just happy for Gaskin. He’ll be able to roll into some NFL locker room next year popping off about being a 2 time* league champ!!! in college.

Maybe*
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

go ducks

I just happy for Gaskin. He’ll be able to roll into some NFL locker room next year popping off about being a 2 time* league champ!!! in college.

Maybe*
    Way more than Herbert will be able say. 4-8, 7-6 and Vegas Bowl appearance, maybe 8-5 and Holiday bowl appearance. What a great career for him at Oregon. No way he could have done better elsewhere.
  • Options

go ducks

Maybe*
    Way more than Herbert will be able say. 4-8, 7-6 and Vegas Bowl appearance, maybe 8-5 and Holiday bowl appearance. What a great career for him at Oregon. No way he could have done better elsewhere.
    When you’re comparing your superstar running backs career to Guy Herbert’s, you’ve already lost.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,159
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

go ducks

Maybe*
    When you’re comparing your superstar running backs career to Guy Herbert’s, you’ve already lost.

@greenblood ?True?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

go ducks

Maybe*

He is clearly a lunchpail back. Not a superstar. Get your labels right.
  • Options

go ducks

Maybe*

@greenblood ?True?
    That Herbert isn’t good? Yep
  • Options

go ducks

Maybe*

@greenblood ?True?
    Wanna trade?
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

All the Duck fans saying Herbert sucks now were sucking him off a few months ago. The entertainment never stops over here.

I was LIPO. And it played out...hth
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

go ducks

Maybe*

@greenblood ?True?
    Wanna trade?
    Gaskins without the shoulder injury...fuck yeah
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    wait, is this a herbert/gaskin comparison thread?

two pages?

kreist, this place.

• Options

MisterEm said:

go ducks

Maybe*

@greenblood ?True?
    Wanna trade?
    Gaskins without the shoulder injury...fuck yeah
    Fuck no.

You get the two baby face Jakes.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He needs to go to the draft to take care of his family.