Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inside the Chin Crisis - The Final Hours

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Haha

Did you use the term "chins" in your message to the CEO?

What does vanilla actually refer to them as anyway?

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "That being said, I want to note that I encouraged Andrew not to read your users responses after my experience viewing your community. While we are committed to keeping our customers happy, I'm also responsible in making sure my employees aren't exposed to unnecessary, unprofessional hostility."

@Crawfish? That shit's almost too good to be true
  • Options
    Founders Club

Haha

They referred to them as reactions
  • Options

Haha

They referred to them as reactions
    reaCHINS you say?
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Thursday morning I contacted the CEO of Vanilla, his name is Luc. I explained the situation and described my frustration and confusion. He told me that he would look into it and get back to me. A few hours later, the chins/upvotes/downvotes started working again. Then I received the following email.

Hey Derek,

Luc alerted me to your message about support. For the last few months I've been acting as department head and I would like to take the time to address your issues. If you have any trouble in the future, please feel free to email me directly.

First I want to apologize for the seemingly sluggish nature of this bug being resolved. I appreciate that your users are passionate about the forums and enjoy its features. While we were eager to get this fixed, its important to understand that even very simple code fixes are dependent on everything that we may have lined up for a patch deploy being solidly reviewed. We've planned a deploy for today, and so you should see your issue resolved later this afternoon.

Support agents cannot always disclose what else could be waiting, as they might be security related, or be underlying structural changes for later features. This process is generally a 14 business day turn around. This month we've been specifically working on deploy processes, which has slowed things down. In the time where the risk of causing disruption outweighs the impact of the waiting bugs, we choose to keep the product stable.

We are looking to make this process faster and more reliable as we head into the new year, so I hope you'll find a general improvement of the time to resolve for reported bugs in the future.

That being said, I want to note that I encouraged Andrew not to read your users responses after my experience viewing your community. While we are committed to keeping our customers happy, I'm also responsible in making sure my employees aren't exposed to unnecessary, unprofessional hostility.

I hope this covers your concerns and restores some confidence in our process. I'm happy to answer any additional questions you have.

Thanks for your time,

*it’s
  • Options
    They still don't work right. I need to refresh to see them. I want that shit popping up asap
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

They still don't work right. I need to refresh to see them. I want that shit popping up asap

Hey @Pitchfork51 ,

Luc alerted me to your message about support. For the last few months I've been acting as department head and I would like to take the time to address your issues. If you have any trouble in the future, please feel free to email me directly.

First I want to apologize for the seemingly sluggish nature of this bug being resolved. I appreciate that your users are passionate about the forums and enjoy its features. While we were eager to get this fixed, its important to understand that even very simple code fixes are dependent on everything that we may have lined up for a patch deploy being solidly reviewed. We've planned a deploy for today, and so you should see your issue resolved later this afternoon.

Support agents cannot always disclose what else could be waiting, as they might be security related, or be underlying structural changes for later features. This process is generally a 14 business day turn around. This month we've been specifically working on deploy processes, which has slowed things down. In the time where the risk of causing disruption outweighs the impact of the waiting bugs, we choose to keep the product stable.

We are looking to make this process faster and more reliable as we head into the new year, so I hope you'll find a general improvement of the time to resolve for reported bugs in the future.

That being said, I want to note that I encouraged Andrew not to read your users responses after my experience viewing your community. While we are committed to keeping our customers happy, I'm also responsible in making sure my employees aren't exposed to unnecessary, unprofessional hostility.

I hope this covers your concerns and restores some confidence in our process. I'm happy to answer any additional questions you have.

Thanks for your time,
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I'm not looking to antagonize when we already have a bad reputation
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm not looking to antagonize when we already have a bad reputation

• Options

they've always been like that
    Then theyve always been shit!
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    The Chinobyl meltdown has been contained but the fallout continues. Glasnost was a Gorbachev thing but good to see Stalin trying.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Why does it always seem like it's the guys who don't donate that complain the most?
    Same with owning a business. Complaints come primarily from "customers" who never spent a dime with you. Guys who need an itemized invoice before custom one-off work, I have learned to tell them they probably can't afford it.

This doesn't sit well with the younger crowd so some like to post fake reviews.

It is hilarious.