Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting is about 3-4 years in the future. Let me illustrate...

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Peterman Recruiting = Neuheisal Recruiting POTD
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Also a reminder, compare our WR and OL recruiting...

WR 2015: Renfro, Baccelia, Pounds
    OL 2015: Roberts, Adams, Hilbers

WR 2016: Chin, Fuller
    OL 2016: Harris, Watty

WR 2017: Bynum, Cook, Ty
    OL 2017: Henry B., Jax, Norgy

So, we've recruited the same amount of WRs as OLs. And every WR outside of Ty is a JAG.

I forget - maybe you guys can help me... do we play more WRs than OLs on average?

Flagged for saying Fuller is just a guy.

Otherwise agree.
    You see him out there making plays today? Me neither.
    N’Keal Harry got shut down by UW’s secondary.

Guess he’s just a guy.

You’re better than retarded takes like this.
    You knew hear?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    When are you morons going to learn that stats are for losers and that players who show up big in scrimmages are not playmakers if they don’t do it in our biggest games?

Christ have some fucking standards.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

When are you morons going to learn that stats are for losers and that players who show up big in scrimmages are not playmakers if they don’t do it in our biggest games?

This is very true. Take kicking. Guy could be nails in practice like Henry apparently is because he beat out a scholarship guy. Different story when the pressure is on though. That's why Petersen's scared coaching at the end to make it easier for him was an abortion.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

This is very true. Take kicking. Guy could be nails in practice like Henry apparently is because he beat out a scholarship guy. Different story when the pressure is on though. That's why Petersen's scared coaching at the end to make it easier for him was an abortion.
    Henry didn't win the job until the final week and a half of fall camp. Until then and in spring ball, all our kickers sucked.

Which makes Pete's statement "felt good where we were at" for the field goal attempt fs. No one on that staff feels good about Henry kicking a field goal, especially one like that under pressure, which makes not trying to get closer for him at the end so fucking maddening.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

So, we've recruited the same amount of WRs as OLs. And every WR outside of Ty is a JAG.

I forget - maybe you guys can help me... do we play more WRs than OLs on average?

Otherwise agree.
    N’Keal Harry got shut down by UW’s secondary.

Guess he’s just a guy.

You’re better than retarded takes like this.
    damn dnc u on point today sir
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Henry's got a good leg … consistency is a bit of an issue and I do think he has a tendency to panic a bit under pressure … there was nothing about the distance of the kick yesterday that was a concern in my mind.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Otherwise agree.
    Oregon's gameplan bro. I'm pretty sure there was a reason Sample/Otton caught 6 balls between them.

Auburn was a big game and Fuller was our best playmaker.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Scheme bro. Oregon game planned to take Fuller out. I'm pretty sure there was a reason Sample/Otton caught 6 balls.

Fuller was the best player on the field for us again Auburn.
  • Options

Jesus Christ, who cares what fuller is labeled, he’s pretty good not great. I’d like for us to have better WRs around him.

This.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,735
    Tequilla said:

Henry's got a good leg … consistency is a bit of an issue and I do think he has a tendency to panic a bit under pressure … there was nothing about the distance of the kick yesterday that was a concern in my mind.

Other than the fact that 37 is farther than 36?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swimming away from a great white shark and getting 7 yards to shore only to get caught by the ankles and dragged out to the deeps and eaten alive ...

Every. Yard. Counts. Pete!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Jesus Christ, who cares what fuller is labeled, he’s pretty good not great. I’d like for us to have better WRs around him.

No disagreement here.

Calling him JAG is FS.
  • Options

Again, so N'Keal Harry is just a guy. Didn't do shit against their best opponent this year.

Auburn was higher ranked when he played them than Oregon was and Fuller shit all over them, but he's JAG because Browning didn't target him against Oregon.

Someone with your education should be above defaulting to circular reasoning all the time.
  • Options

Again, so N'Keal Harry is just a guy. Didn't do shit against their best opponent this year.

Auburn was higher ranked when he played them than Oregon was and Fuller shit all over them, but he's JAG because Browning didn't target him against Oregon.

Someone with your education should be above defaulting to circular reasoning all the time.
    God you morons seize on the stupidest fucking things.
  • Options

God you morons seize on the stupidest fucking things.
    Easy to do when you keep saying the stupidest fucking things.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    The idiots on this bored have a habit of discrediting an entire post or argument by latching onto a single throwaway detail that wasn't important to the larger point. I stand with Dennis.