Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Attention Jen Cohen

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2018

Show more replays from other games on the Jumbotron. We should be able to see the scores from other games at least four times per quarter.

This is a good idea, while I guess people could technically look up info on their phones, in this era of the RedZone channel, etc. people are more used to having real time updates.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Show more replays from other games on the Jumbotron. We should be able to see the scores from other games at least four times per quarter.

This is a good idea, while I guess people could technically look up info on their phones, in this era of the RedZone channel, etc. people are more used to having real time updates.
    They should have the bitch from KING 5 do scores at the start of the 3rd quarter
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,093
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pipe in Lou Gellerman's voice welcoming us into Husky Stadium and on 3rd down.

I love to tailgate, but the people who show up to tailgates don't know how it works. I have a pretty epic tailgate set up in E1 (((humble brag))). If we don't have anyone staying back to watch over the stuff and watch the game on TV, we have to pack up. The casual fan shows up and wants to hang out while we are trying to get everything jammed back into everyone's vehicle. This holds us up getting into the stadium. it is kinda like people who go out on your boat. once docked, they leave. they don't pitch in for gas or clean up. those people suck ass

Open up the DawgSleds for all people. not just the infirm and fat. Too many times I have seen an empty DawgSled with a few people on it.

Let all people use the elevator who want to use it. That 7 minute hike up the north ramps sucks, but it burns off the beers I drank. But it may make me late into my seats.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TommySQC said:

These are all things we gave up to keep pace with college football today.

I hate the banners but they pay the bills. I miss old shaking Husky Stadium but it was a dump. The old uniforms wouldn't sell to recruits today.

You guys sound old poor and white.

The evidence is literally the opposite. Teams with more modern uniforms recruit worse. Moreso after controlling for win percentages.
    so go back to the 91 unis?

Washington is not Bama SC or even Penn St. Genie was out of the bottle years ago.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Fuck all the gimmicky contests. The kids don’t give a shit. They LEAVE! Dump the piped in music too. Back in the day we had Rock and Roll. Real Rock and Roll. I didn’t want to hear at the game then. Don’t want to hear it now.

Expand the north side seating down five more rows. Put the band and the students back behind the team. Keep the premium seating but lower the prices in the west end zone and at the top of the third deck. Poor people can’t afford to go or take the kids. Poor people make noise. So do their kids. When kids scream, kids next to them scream.

College Football is about 1) Winning 2) Tailgating and 3) a student BAND

Bill Bissell and his band accented the action on the field. Sacks and TFL “NaNa Nah. NaNa Hah” popping drums, clanging symbols.

Lose the bars holding back the team in the tunnel. It’s fucking embarrassing. The players hate it. Shit can the purple smoke.

“Say who; say what.” Organic hype, both for the players and the fans outside the tunnel. Let our players fuck with the opponents in the tunnel. James let it happen. He encouraged it. There’s enough comportment in society these days.

Bring back the Husky VW and jack up the air raid siren volume. It’s tradition. Every Husky fan with a pulse knows the siren. It’s lost in all the manufactured bullshit.

Newsflash Jen. Back in the 80s fans tipped flasks. Everyone had one. It was no big deal. Fans got fucked up and mostly stayed in their seats or went to the parking lot to mix and down another bomber. Install kegs at ALL the concession stands. People will pay. Let them go back to their seats.

Simple. Simple. Simple.

I know you’re being sarkastic but the team does “say who” in the tunnel but this visiting team locker room has been moved and they won’t be in the tunnel. Ever.

Also, I, and most people around me have flasks
    The cage is for fags. Moving the visiting Lockeroom was stupid
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

whuggy said:

Thought the halftime band show was good last night.

Paying to get into the Zone is a farce. No one goes anymore.

Maybe the paid entry is Jen's diabolical way of getting rid of the atrocity known as the Zone.

BBW approved

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We had an intern at my company that is currently going to UW and I asked him what he thought about the gameday experience and what could be done to improve things and he said the AD tries too hard. College kids want the 12:30 kickoffs back (late enough to sleep in, yet the game is done early enough to go out and party on a Saturday), and really good internet access for their smartphones. That’s it. Not rocket science.

I say this because the AD, by chasing after the young ones with things they *think* they want but don’t, has needlessly antagonized the rest of the fan base. I don’t see any harm in trying the throwback night (I went to a Mariners game years ago and they did something similar ー it was a big success).

3:30 or like 4 pm kickoffs are the best. You can get fucking destroyed at the tailgate enough time to sober up a lil bit to party.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on that. Forgetting the post game party piece, having the 12:30 start time was nice for fans from other parts of the state to get home at a sane hour (this isn’t just the old folks, this is young families - I’m originally from eastern Washington and I’m willing to bet my two dads would’ve taken me to far fewer games growing up if there had been constant later kickoffs). Plus it would be nice if East Coast fans didn’t have to watch our games so late.
    That's so cool that your moms went trans
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

We had an intern at my company that is currently going to UW and I asked him what he thought about the gameday experience and what could be done to improve things and he said the AD tries too hard. College kids want the 12:30 kickoffs back (late enough to sleep in, yet the game is done early enough to go out and party on a Saturday), and really good internet access for their smartphones. That’s it. Not rocket science.

I say this because the AD, by chasing after the young ones with things they *think* they want but don’t, has needlessly antagonized the rest of the fan base. I don’t see any harm in trying the throwback night (I went to a Mariners game years ago and they did something similar ー it was a big success).

3:30 or like 4 pm kickoffs are the best. You can get fucking destroyed at the tailgate enough time to sober up a lil bit to party.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on that. Forgetting the post game party piece, having the 12:30 start time was nice for fans from other parts of the state to get home at a sane hour (this isn’t just the old folks, this is young families - I’m originally from eastern Washington and I’m willing to bet my two dads would’ve taken me to far fewer games growing up if there had been constant later kickoffs). Plus it would be nice if East Coast fans didn’t have to watch our games so late.
    Pole says your good on a mom/daughter fuckathon.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    ??? Heh? Pole says doog de jour is a woman?

So what’s so hard about thinking she is and mom is there and wouldn’t be a mom/daughter threesome Madsun??
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SECDAWG said:

Mad_Son said:

I appreciate how hard you're trying but you just don't seem to get it yet... I think you've got the right personality but just a brain cell deficiency or something...
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

SECDAWG said:

Mad_Son said:

I appreciate how hard you're trying but you just don't seem to get it yet... I think you've got the right personality but just a brain cell deficiency or something...
    Really? U cunt be serious

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Fuck all the gimmicky contests. The kids don’t give a shit. They LEAVE! Dump the piped in music too. Back in the day we had Rock and Roll. Real Rock and Roll. I didn’t want to hear at the game then. Don’t want to hear it now.

Expand the north side seating down five more rows. Put the band and the students back behind the team. Keep the premium seating but lower the prices in the west end zone and at the top of the third deck. Poor people can’t afford to go or take the kids. Poor people make noise. So do their kids. When kids scream, kids next to them scream.

College Football is about 1) Winning 2) Tailgating and 3) a student BAND

Bill Bissell and his band accented the action on the field. Sacks and TFL “NaNa Nah. NaNa Hah” popping drums, clanging symbols.

Lose the bars holding back the team in the tunnel. It’s fucking embarrassing. The players hate it. Shit can the purple smoke.

“Say who; say what.” Organic hype, both for the players and the fans outside the tunnel. Let our players fuck with the opponents in the tunnel. James let it happen. He encouraged it. There’s enough comportment in society these days.

Bring back the Husky VW and jack up the air raid siren volume. It’s tradition. Every Husky fan with a pulse knows the siren. It’s lost in all the manufactured bullshit.

Newsflash Jen. Back in the 80s fans tipped flasks. Everyone had one. It was no big deal. Fans got fucked up and mostly stayed in their seats or went to the parking lot to mix and down another bomber. Install kegs at ALL the concession stands. People will pay. Let them go back to their seats.

Simple. Simple. Simple.

I know you’re being sarkastic but the team does “say who” in the tunnel but this visiting team locker room has been moved and they won’t be in the tunnel. Ever.

Also, I, and most people around me have flasks
    The cage is for fags. Moving the visiting Lockeroom was stupid
    And the visitor locker room won’t be moved back just so they teams can be in the tunnel together in your lifetime. Same as all stadiums
  • Options
    I’m not “trying” madsun, I’m just here.

You wanna talk college ball I’m
    Gayme
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I want to black at half. Fuck off. 12:30 doesn’t give me time to recover in the morning from friday night.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fire the band director and bring someone in who has the awareness to not start Go Huskies cheers when we're on offense. Maybe someone new won't recycle the same old shit halftime shows they've done for 10 years.

Oh, and if you're doing a tribute to Musical Theater and BYU is there at least cover Book of Mormon.