Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kavanaugh Nomination: Full Speed Ahead – Lunch Alert!

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

I like how Dr. Ford is insisting Kavanaugh testify first and then she'll make her accusation on what may have happened 35 years ago.

That is SO fucked versus judicial precedence. The accuser ALWAYS goes first and then the accused has an opportunity to defend themself.

That's like playing overtime and letting the second team with the ball run their plays without the opponent put a defense on the field.

The accusers lawyer just surrendered whatever advantage they had with that request. The truth no longer matters; only scoring points does.

Welcome to the SC Justice Kavanaugh.
    This. Regardless of what actually happened that night in 1984 or whenever, this request reeks of "this is a political sham."
    Yes and no. I think there's truth in what she says and I think it shouldn't disqualify kavanaugh. In other words, I think her bringing this up is genuine. And Democrats are trying to be quiet and let Republicans say stupid shit about it. Like this:

"Did y'all hear this latest late-breaking news from the Kavanaugh hearings?" he said, according to the Post and Courier. "Ruth Bader Ginsburg came out that she was groped by Abraham Lincoln."

Mississippi Republican Chris McDaniel, a Senate candidate, dismissed the "made-up" scandal. "All of the sudden, that disqualifies this man?" he said on the "Focal Point" show on American Family Radio. "No, not a chance."

My point is, there are independent woman that are listening. And pretty much every woman has been or knows someone who has been in that situation. And not said anything at the time. What is their reaction when Republicans are making fun of it or dismissing it as bullshit?
    Women have a tremendous BS detector. 35 years and it goes public the week of the hearings?!?

Intelligent, independent women* know that kind of political bullshit devalues and disrespects women who have actual experiences of sexual harassment and assault.

* - Mrs. Throbber 9/21/18
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

I like how Dr. Ford is insisting Kavanaugh testify first and then she'll make her accusation on what may have happened 35 years ago.

That is SO fucked versus judicial precedence. The accuser ALWAYS goes first and then the accused has an opportunity to defend themself.

That's like playing overtime and letting the second team with the ball run their plays without the opponent put a defense on the field.

The accusers lawyer just surrendered whatever advantage they had with that request. The truth no longer matters; only scoring points does.

This. Regardless of what actually happened that night in 1984 or whenever, this request reeks of "this is a political sham."
    Yes and no. I think there's truth in what she says and I think it shouldn't disqualify kavanaugh. In other words, I think her bringing this up is genuine. And Democrats are trying to be quiet and let Republicans say stupid shit about it. Like this:

"Did y'all hear this latest late-breaking news from the Kavanaugh hearings?" he said, according to the Post and Courier. "Ruth Bader Ginsburg came out that she was groped by Abraham Lincoln."

Mississippi Republican Chris McDaniel, a Senate candidate, dismissed the "made-up" scandal. "All of the sudden, that disqualifies this man?" he said on the "Focal Point" show on American Family Radio. "No, not a chance."

My point is, there are independent woman that are listening. And pretty much every woman has been or knows someone who has been in that situation. And not said anything at the time. What is their reaction when Republicans are making fun of it or dismissing it as bullshit?
    Women have a tremendous BS detector. 35 years and it goes public the week of the hearings?!?

Intelligent, independent women* know that kind of political bullshit devalues and disrespects women who have actual experiences of sexual harassment and assault.

You know why.

@PurpleBaze
    @StrongArmCobra
    @oregonblitzkrieg

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club
    Such fag, Boobs
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

I'm not disagreeing it's a political ploy. And it's fair to bring up she gave her story to Congress in July. Which was passed on at the time.

And I no doubt agree that some women agree with Miss throbber. (YKW). But what does the average independent woman voter think? If I were a republican in Congress, that's what I'd ask myself.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

I'm not disagreeing it's a political ploy. And it's fair to bring up she gave her story to Congress in July. Which was passed on at the time.

And I no doubt agree that some women agree with Miss throbber. (YKW). But what does the average independent woman voter think? If I were a republican in Congress, that's what I'd ask myself.
    That's how fucking stupid the Democrats are - hitching their wagon to a bullshit story and then trying to make it a 'fact'. It's not. It's just not.

Focus on pay inequity between sexes, stupid ass shit that Trump says/does, whatever. But trying to take down a choir boy 35 years after the fact is idiotic.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

That's how fucking stupid the Democrats are - hitching their wagon to a bullshit story and then trying to make it a 'fact'. It's not. It's just not.

Focus on pay inequity between sexes, stupid ass shit that Trump says/does, whatever. But trying to take down a choir boy 35 years after the fact is idiotic.
    Throbber doesn't usually get that angry. Nice rant!!!

Read my posts....I don't think their intention is in any way to take him down..... From what I see, like I said, they are being very quiet on the matter. Letting Republicans fill the dead air. And betting that the message resonates with independent women in November.
  • SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

probably not what you deranged out of touch commies are hoping:
    "28% of men responding to the poll think the accusation against Kavanaugh is credible. Compared to only 25% of women.
    https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/271384/huffpo-poll-women-less-likely-men-believe-daniel-greenfield

2001400ex said:

probably not what you deranged out of touch commies are hoping:
    "28% of men responding to the poll think the accusation against Kavanaugh is credible. Compared to only 25% of women.
    https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/271384/huffpo-poll-women-less-likely-men-believe-daniel-greenfield
    There's more to the story but your news source won't say it.

photo CEDFC2FE-AF86-46F8-BAD9-0BBA6593554F_zps3txc83p2.png
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Most women and sane people think it's total bullshit.

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

No. Actually they don't. There's a poll posted just right about your post. Read it.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

You know why.

@PurpleBaze
    @StrongArmCobra
    @oregonblitzkrieg

I don't care man. Move on. Take your Prozac. Smoke a blunt. Have a drink. If being called pizza face gets you this riled up you need professional help. Get over it.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    She claims he assaulted her and tried to rape her, but she got away. It was so traumatic she kept it quiet until 2012, bagging a husband and PhD along the way. She still says nothing publicly and pursues nothing through the justice system until the alleged perpetrator is up for a promotion, and then, finally, she seeks not justice, but only revenge. Sorry, but what a dishonorable, cowardly cunt. I'd have more respect for her if she at least keyed his car.

She claims he assaulted her and tried to rape her, but she got away. It was so traumatic she kept it quiet until 2012, bagging a husband and PhD along the way. She still says nothing publicly and pursues nothing through the justice system until the alleged perpetrator is up for a promotion, and then, finally, she seeks not justice, but only revenge. Sorry, but what a dishonorable, cowardly cunt. I'd have more respect for her if she at least keyed his car.

Don't forget the courage displayed by Alyssa "I disrobed frequently, fucked like a rabbit and made millions doing it" Milano so bravely sharing her tale of sexual assault this weekend.

IKW

• SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

No. Actually they don't. There's a poll posted just right about your post. Read it.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

So TV news is fucktarded. Tell me something I Don't already know.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

So TV news is fucktarded. Tell me something I Don't already know.
    I never realized that Jennifer Granholm went by the name "TV News."
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Trump is done imo
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

I always figured you for an independent woman.