Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Willie Taggart

167891012»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

BallzDeep said:

Mosster47 said:

I'm still LIPO with Taggart. I know Sark defenders talked about how TY left the cupboards bare, but seriously, Slingblade left Taggart with a 5th string running back and a reserve wide receiver/safety as backup quarterbacks. That still doesn't excuse the 49 point drubbing the defense took. I will say though, Slingblage gave up 52 last year at home to Stanford, and he had an offense with a pulse.

I still think this is a 7 win team. Which is what most reasonable quooks expected. Peterson lost a few times in his first couple years at UW as well, but I'll add that he never got blasted 49-7, but I'll also add that I don't think Taggart is on the same level as Peterson either.

In the end, LIPO. As log as they continue to improve year over year, I'm good with Taggart. Even with the issues the last couple games, I still see a better overall unit than I did at any time last year under Helfrich.

I don't think you can evenly compare Peterman and Willie in apples to apples from day one. Sark was a fucktard, but that gaggle of NFL players UW sent out last year were his recruits. Slingblade left a very little depth and talent.

Herbert, Freeman, Dye, and Mondeau were the only guys back from last year that weren't turds. I think all four of them are better this year than before. There are 13 true freshman either starting or playing meaningful snaps which speaks to the lack of quality depth. I see a ton of positives in those young guys, but they can't be counted on to be consistent and win. Next year I would expect at least 23 redshirt and true freshman to play heavily spread out over both sides of the ball.

The penalties suck, but there is a lot of evidence that first year coaches end up with a lot of turnovers and penalties when they take over for a loser. Next year they need to come way down.

I see Willie being just like the rest of the Harbaugh clan; great recruiters, tough players, and overrated. Once the thing gets rolling 8 wins will be an average year and once every recruiting cycle the Ducks will be a serious player in the conference/playoff race. That works for me. That's all Oregon was before the Chip Kelly anomaly that wouldn't have lasted as the game quickly adapted to it.
    Cupboard bare when he got there, check.
    Massive attrition, check.
    Selling the shit out of early playing time to recruits, check.
    Hyped up recruiting tactics in which multiple recruits commit within one weekend to reserve themselves a scholarship as they continue to consider other schools a.k.a. "recruiting massacres", check.
    Commits who continue to take other visits, check
    Playing a shit load of young players, check.
    Affinity for dual threat QB's, check.
    Wants to call the offensive plays himself, check.
    A team that is massively undisciplined and leads the nation in penalties, check.
    A coach that is okay with his starting QB running through defenders instead of protecting himself (Locker, Herbert), check.

How the fuck is Taggart not Black Sark?
    That's literally every new head coach at every Power 5 school ever, including Peterman. There's really no other way to take over for a loser.

LIFPO.
    Solid tryhard high school position coach living in Alabama take.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Hi @Swaye, how was tonight's fondue party?

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Consensus among quooks is LIFPO. Taggart needs more time.

Replace Taggart with Cristoball and Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I love this bored after Oregon hires a shitty coach.