Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sarah Palin Excluded from John McCain’s Funeral

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/27/john-mccain-fake-maverick-horrible-record/

Loving treatment from his friends on the left

In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain’s hair and said, “You’re getting a little thin up there.” McCain’s face reddened, and he responded, “At least I don’t plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt.”

https://amgreatness.com/2018/05/09/john-mccain-fake-maverick/

Yet McCain, in spite of his fairly unoriginal path to advancement (is there a quicker way for a Republican to get the attention of the media than to denounce his own party?), did manage to stumble into a formula that for one brief shining moment looked like it might work for him and for the GOP in 2008. That moment was when he picked Sarah Palin to be his running mate—and before she became an object of ridicule. That she became an object of ridicule was partly her fault. But voters saw how McCain responded first to the praise she received (he appeared to resent it) and then to the merciless attack on Palin. That attack happened because she was effective at the convention and it put the fear of God into the Democrats. That McCain would not try to get in sync with her on message and would not defend her, manfully, when she was attacked hurt him. People saw then what kind of a guy he is. And now, shamefully, he is using his final days to remind us.

It must gnaw at McCain’s deepest longings to see how Trump used exactly the strategy that many people then urged him to adopt to build support among working class voters in the Midwest. Trump proved actually to be a maverick, not just to play one on TV.

Kiss my ass coog

As soon as you get Trumps cock out of your mouth. Palin was a fucking joke.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Not a Palin fan at all but that's a weak move on the part of the McCain family.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can multi task

Facts seem to bother you
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain’s hair and said, “You’re getting a little thin up there.” McCain’s face reddened, and he responded, “At least I don’t plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt.”

Yet McCain, in spite of his fairly unoriginal path to advancement (is there a quicker way for a Republican to get the attention of the media than to denounce his own party?), did manage to stumble into a formula that for one brief shining moment looked like it might work for him and for the GOP in 2008. That moment was when he picked Sarah Palin to be his running mate—and before she became an object of ridicule. That she became an object of ridicule was partly her fault. But voters saw how McCain responded first to the praise she received (he appeared to resent it) and then to the merciless attack on Palin. That attack happened because she was effective at the convention and it put the fear of God into the Democrats. That McCain would not try to get in sync with her on message and would not defend her, manfully, when she was attacked hurt him. People saw then what kind of a guy he is. And now, shamefully, he is using his final days to remind us.

It must gnaw at McCain’s deepest longings to see how Trump used exactly the strategy that many people then urged him to adopt to build support among working class voters in the Midwest. Trump proved actually to be a maverick, not just to play one on TV.

Kiss my ass coog

McCain's campaign was dead in the water prior to his selection of Palin.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Kiss my ass coog

True.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm still bitter that McGovern got crucified for Eagleton. A little crazy in a VP is a good thing. Palin had nothing to do with my decision. It was time for Obama and I agree there was no one on the GOP side

I don't even remember who ran in the primaries
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811

I'm still bitter that McGovern got crucified for Eagleton. A little crazy in a VP is a good thing. Palin had nothing to do with my decision. It was time for Obama and I agree there was no one on the GOP side

Speaking of McGovern (every bit the 'war hero' as McCain ever was)....did the country lose it's shit over his death? Flags flying at half staff, lying in state at the Capitol, round-the-clock coverage/breaking news?

Honest to god, I haven't seen this level of attention to anybody dying since Bobby Kennedy was shot (Race was there). Multiple Presidents have died since then and they didn't get shit in comparison.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018

Speaking of McGovern (every bit the 'war hero' as McCain ever was)....did the country lose it's shit over his death? Flags flying at half staff, lying in state at the Capitol, round-the-clock coverage/breaking news?

Honest to god, I haven't seen this level of attention to anybody dying since Bobby Kennedy was shot (Race was there). Multiple Presidents have died since then and they didn't get shit in comparison.

He was making snide comments about trump and trump said mean things about him so the leftists love him now. There's not much more to it then that.

If hillary would have won we wouldnt be hearing shit.

Trump IS the news so only things involving him get airtime.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811

He was making snide comments about trump and trump said mean things about him so the leftists love him now. There's not much more to it then that.

Correctomundo.

When George HW Bush finally kicks, my bet is he'll get roughly 20% of the coverage McCain dying is getting. Maybe less.

• Options

He was making snide comments about Trump and Trump said mean things about him so the Troomps hate him now. There’s not much more to it then that.
  • Options

Correctomundo.

When George HW Bush finally kicks, my bet is he'll get roughly 20% of the coverage McCain dying is getting. Maybe less.

Who.gif.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

Kiss my ass coog

Wait. You said he was ahead in the polls right after he selected Palin until she opened her mouth. So which is it?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    salemcoog said:

He was making snide comments about Trump and Trump said mean things about him so the Troomps hate him now. There’s not much more to it then that.
    Huh

The point stands. Trump is the news.

So the only reason he is getting coverage is because of his little back and forth with trump. No one would care otherwise.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    McCain didn't want the current President there and invited W and Obama. Probably the Clintons too. Yet urging people to stick together as Americans. Turned on the TV and saw Biden giving a speech. What a bunch of clowns.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2018
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Kiss my ass coog

Wait. You said he was ahead in the polls right after he selected Palin until she opened her mouth. So which is it?
    Wow, you're really not very bright and not very honest are you.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Kiss my ass coog

This your quote?

"She didn't cost him the election. The only time he ever led in the polls was after he selected Palin."
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Kiss my ass coog

Buckle up.

You ain't seen nothin' yet.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
  • Options
    pawz said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Kiss my ass coog

Buckle up.

You ain't seen nothin' yet.
    Bobby hates his own quotes. Pawz hates facts.