Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How much do you pay each year on the Federal level to help the pours?

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

True, but we forget sometimes all them lazy guvmint jerbs are in effect a way to keep a lot of medium skilled people employed.

medium?
    beet me too it!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

People forget that you don't actually have to have the federal government take your money by force in order for you to help the poor

I don't do my giving on the street corner to get rewarded by man. I give in secret so my Father in heaven can reward me

It's always smart to cover your bases. Just in case ....
    When I was broke, tens of thousands of dollars in debt and facing eviction everything broke my way. I got myself into the mess and Dad got me out
    You sounded really really pour!
    It's boom, then bust, then boom, for them construction bidness types.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

People forget that you don't actually have to have the federal government take your money by force in order for you to help the poor

I don't do my giving on the street corner to get rewarded by man. I give in secret so my Father in heaven can reward me

When I was broke, tens of thousands of dollars in debt and facing eviction everything broke my way. I got myself into the mess and Dad got me out
    But happy
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

True, but we forget sometimes all them lazy guvmint jerbs are in effect a way to keep a lot of medium skilled people employed.

medium?
    One if the critiques that the left makes when the right wants to slash federal, state and local guvmint payrolls, is that such moves are inherently raysiss since the public sector employees a disproportionate number of minorities.
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Social Security disability benefits (SSI, specifically) are another big means-tested benefits program.

A lot of white men and women in rural areas are on disability. In fact, a greater percentage of people in rural areas than urban areas---almost twice as many, 9.1% of the population compared with 4.9%---are on disability. The problem is worse in the Trump country--the American South and Appalachia. (Here and here and here are some links.)

My political theory? They feel like they're losers and hate themselves for it. So they project their negative self-image on immigrants, black people, and @creepycoug's people. They bash cities as being hives of welfare queens and drug addicts who hate to work. They love how Donald Trump makes them feel like winners.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Squirt said:

Social Security disability benefits (SSI, specifically) are another big means-tested benefits program.

A lot of white men and women in rural areas are on disability. In fact, a greater percentage of people in rural areas than urban areas---almost twice as many, 9.1% of the population compared with 4.9%---are on disability. The problem is worse in the Trump country--the American South and Appalachia. (Here and here and here are some links.)

My political theory? They feel like they're losers and hate themselves for it. So they project their negative self-image on immigrants, black people, and @creepycoug's people. They bash cities as being hives of welfare queens and drug addicts who hate to work. They love how Donald Trump makes them feel like winners.

Is this obk's Bio?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    My income was negative last year

Take that cunts
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We moved folks from unemployment to disability to make the numbers look good.

Your political theory is well a theory
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yep. Disability was a one of the ways to get around the work requirements of some welfare programs.
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

I gave you three links, Race. What more do you want?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

But happy
    Don't go all philosophizer on me. I like sarcastic Race better than reflective Race.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Squirt said:

I gave you three links, Race. What more do you want?
    I'm not disputing disability numbers even though I don't click links. I'll take your word on it

Its your theory about Trump voters that is well, a theory and hardly a new one and one I hope the democrats stick to

Calling people you need to vote for you dumb racists worked so well for Hillary.

The people you shit on were the backbone of the democrat party once upon a time
    Back when it was the DemoKKKratic party