Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fiesta Bowl rewatch thoughts

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ve always believe Washington can be good enough to compete with anyone, but we need a difference maker at QB.

We lack talent in places and hopefully that changes, but a great QB is an equalizer. Whoever said, switch QB’s and we win was correct.

We don’t lose to ASU with a better QB and we probably don’t lose to Stanford, even though our defense got shredded.

As hard as we are on Myles Bryant, there is a real possibility he’s just better than Molden and other 4 star recruits. If there aren’t better guys, it’s not an indictment on Bryant, BBK, or Nick Harris.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

@creepycoug analysis of UW football is always hurtful.

Well there's this: Gaskin may have been the third best player on the field. You have to give Barkeley the top spot, and arguably McSorely the second. If Peterman could have found a way to continue trickeration with Gaskin you might win that one. But Peterman knows trickeration better than me or anyone else here, and he probably knows that if you do it over and over again it's not trickeration. Washington couldn't just run him on Penn State straight up, he knew that and picked his spots. Still, the guy just needs a little crease and it's over. In any event, he sure as shit showed up to play. So there's that.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

We weren’t that much worse than Penn State. The margin was small. They are good, but I would imagine Penn State has players they know are weak.

We came out flat, played like shit, and got buried either. You can’t give up 93 yard TD runs.

We need more talent, but a lot of it was just playing like shit the first half. It’s somewhat surprising that a well coached team like UW would come out so flat and timid.

UW players dont know if they can win these games. Other teams are more confident.

This loss was really disappointing. UW needed to win to turn the corner. Instead, the players lost another huge program changing game.

Beating Colorado last year was not impressive. Lost the only 2 big games.

The Stanford game from last year is looking more and more like a fluke.

We need to beat Auburn.
    Stanford SUCKED last year.

HTH
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We weren’t that much worse than Penn State. The margin was small. They are good, but I would imagine Penn State has players they know are weak.

We came out flat, played like shit, and got buried either. You can’t give up 93 yard TD runs.

We need more talent, but a lot of it was just playing like shit the first half. It’s somewhat surprising that a well coached team like UW would come out so flat and timid.

UW players dont know if they can win these games. Other teams are more confident.

This loss was really disappointing. UW needed to win to turn the corner. Instead, the players lost another huge program changing game.

We need to beat Auburn.

HTH

It was a big must win game for UW and Browning didnt choke. That was my point.

Hth
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

We need to beat Auburn.

HTH

Hth
    That game was not chokeable.

hTh
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We need to beat Auburn.

HTH

Hth

hTh
    Games are always chokeable.

HTh
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I’ve always believe Washington can be good enough to compete with anyone, but we need a difference maker at QB.

We lack talent in places and hopefully that changes, but a great QB is an equalizer. Whoever said, switch QB’s and we win was correct.

We don’t lose to ASU with a better QB and we probably don’t lose to Stanford, even though our defense got shredded.

As hard as we are on Myles Bryant, there is a real possibility he’s just better than Molden and other 4 star recruits. If there aren’t better guys, it’s not an indictment on Bryant, BBK, or Nick Harris.

We also need 1-2 more classes like the one we have signed. We need size.
    Crootin
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

- Agree on Fuller. With Chico back in the Chico role, we just need Ty Jones and one of the freshman (Spiker/Ozzy) to emerge as the 1-2 punch with Fuller as a good third option slot guy.
    - With Adams and McGary back, and another year for Watty, OL looks to be better next year than it was this year, but Harris has got to slide to center because he is getting abused at G.
    - I never bash the kids but Myles Bryant has no business on the field.
    - We need LB/EDGE play in the worst way.

@Swaye FTW. Add in better QB play and play calling (BUSH!) and that, amigos, is the recipe to leveling up.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

A lot of us underrated Franklin as a coach going in. Well I did anyway. He was 9-4 at fucking Vanderbilt. I mean, that's the SEC, that's like going 16-0 in the NFL...but seriously, he outcoached us.

Yet somehow, miraculously, we were down one score at the end and if Pettis hadn’t run out of bounds we would have had a shot.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If the defense had gotten that one stop, I think we?d have stolen a win. The pettis play is immaterial
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,507
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I compromised and watched the game via the 60 Minute Replay on the innovative B1G Network. It showed me that what I saw with my lying eyes was real and there was no reason to watch the broadcast.

Its done. On to Auburn
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We need to beat Auburn.

HTH

Hth

hTh
    Neither was ASU this year. hth