Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyler Gordon, 2018 4* DB, Everett (Archbishop Murphy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    What is the story behind Lake & negative recruiting?
    I’ve seen some on here talk about it, & now I’ve heard other coaches who have done in-homes with recruits have warned them not to listen to Lake’s negative recruiting?
    There must be a story behind it?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    AF9705 said:

Somebody should be telling him and Irving that practicing day in and day out against running, shitty throwing QBs at ND is no way for a DB to get himself in the league.

But practicing against Browning is?
    True, but he will be practicing against Sirmon, Yankoff, and Morris.

It would sucks being a DB playing against option left or option right day in and day out in practice, and then every once in a while seeing some option QB huck a ball downfield and thinking that will help you develop.
    It’s not 1989, ND doesn’t run the option with an option QB.

ND runs a RPO offense that has 3 or 4, sometimes 5 wide.

Kizer obviously wasn’t an option QB, Wimbush isn’t either. Jurkovec, who is coming in, isn’t either.

And Julian Love, a true sophomore DB, was voted 2nd Team AA by a few services (Freshman AA last year).

So no, the DBs don’t practice against the option & suffer.
    I appreciate you sticking up for your team, but your QB has a 50% completion rate and threw for something like 1,000 less yards than our QB who can't throw the ball over 20 yards and threw for his lowest total in his 3 year career. There is a difference practicing against that whether you want to admit it or not.

• Options

AF9705 said:

Somebody should be telling him and Irving that practicing day in and day out against running, shitty throwing QBs at ND is no way for a DB to get himself in the league.

It would sucks being a DB playing against option left or option right day in and day out in practice, and then every once in a while seeing some option QB huck a ball downfield and thinking that will help you develop.

Kizer obviously wasn’t an option QB, Wimbush isn’t either. Jurkovec, who is coming in, isn’t either.

And Julian Love, a true sophomore DB, was voted 2nd Team AA by a few services (Freshman AA last year).

I appreciate you sticking up for your team, but your QB has a 50% completion rate and threw for something like 1,000 less yards than our QB who can't throw the ball over 20 yards and threw for his lowest total in his 3 year career. There is a difference practicing against that whether you want to admit it or not.

I’m not a Wimbush apologist at all.
    I think he has a mental problem between the white lines at this point.
    Evidently in practice he is lights out.

And he played in & won a state title in one of the best leagues in the nation, agsinst a D that was the top in the nation with 6 D1 P5 players, including the top (Rashan Gary) on it. He had a career 72% completion percentage & broke all the state passing records & was heavily recruited by Saban & Meyer.

But for some reason he has a mental block in college on game days, so he should be passed over unless he fixes it. I’m not going to stand up for him if he can’t perform on game days.

But in practice he is fine (which is when ND DBs are practicing).
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    AF9705 said:

I’ve seen some on here talk about it, & now I’ve heard other coaches who have done in-homes with recruits have warned them not to listen to Lake’s negative recruiting?

From a negative recruiting against Lake standpoint, it’s simply the expectation that he will be leaving to be either a DC or HC sooner than later ... had a significant flirtation to be Cal’s DC last offseason ... pretty much blocked as DC at UW
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

AF9705 said:

From a negative recruiting against Lake standpoint, it’s simply the expectation that he will be leaving to be either a DC or HC sooner than later ... had a significant flirtation to be Cal’s DC last offseason ... pretty much blocked as DC at UW
    Is he leaving?
    I’m surprised he isn’t a DC yet with all the praise he gets on here? Seems like he should be somewhere?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AF9705 said:

Tequilla said:

AF9705 said:

Is he leaving?
    I’m surprised he isn’t a DC yet with all the praise he gets on here? Seems like he should be somewhere?
    He gets paid too much unless it’s a high paying p12 coordinating job.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

And he played in & won a state title in one of the best leagues in the nation, agsinst a D that was the top in the nation with 6 D1 P5 players, including the top (Rashan Gary) on it. He had a career 72% completion percentage & broke all the state passing records & was heavily recruited by Saban & Meyer.

But for some reason he has a mental block in college on game days, so he should be passed over unless he fixes it. I’m not going to stand up for him if he can’t perform on game days.

I enjoy your insight on ND, we need a Notre Dame expert on the boards but highschool stats don’t mean shit. Jake Browning threw for the most TD’s in the history of highschool football. Big whoop.
  • Options

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

I enjoy your insight on ND, we need a Notre Dame expert on the boards but highschool stats don’t mean shit. Jake Browning threw for the most TD’s in the history of highschool football. Big whoop.
    My point was simply that he was viewed as an elite passer coming out of HS, not an athlete.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Kyler just told @Dennis_DeYoung to fuck off and I’m dead lol

If he doesn’t commit to UW I blame this on Dennis

Wow. That's just scary.
  • Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:
    I'm pretty sure Nathaniel thinks Gordon is coming to UW, but he's just saying this just in case he doesn't.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:
    I'm pretty sure Nathaniel thinks Gordon is coming to UW, but he's just saying this just in case he doesn't.
    Hopefully that's the case. I clearly can't handle the ups and downs of recruiting, but Kyler going to ND is quite honestly laughable compared to what's going on at UW right now.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AF9705 said:

biak1 said:

dnc said:
    Hopefully that's the case. I clearly can't handle the ups and downs of recruiting, but Kyler going to ND is quite honestly laughable compared to what's going on at UW right now.
    Laughable?

I kid wanting to get away from home, going to a top notch university that is also a legendary program, who plays everybody, everywhere, is laughable?

Demetrius DuBose Agrees
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2017
    Is it bad that I'm still optimistic?

He just followed Lawyer Milloy and Kaho, and his likes were primarily UW last night.