Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DDY & Coker

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Woof said:

Just curious, why the love for Heyward? I thought he was above average, but recruiting and development was hit and miss in his last go around.

Williams is a superstar recruiter, but I realize his talent development is a bit of a question mark.

Which JD Williams are you talking about? The one that coached at UW with Ty and has been at UNLV/Georgia State for the past 7 years?

I’d rather have Alexander over heyward, I think Alexander is a star. But JD Williams doesn’t do anything for me, so I’d rather have Heyward than him.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Oh god no, I see why you weren't high on that choice.

I mean the one at Nebraska who was a GA for us for a year (maybe under Ty). He was at San Jose State and then Arizona and was a monster recruiter.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Woof said:

Oops, his name is Donte not JD. I should have just said String.

I was about to murder you. I’d take Alexander over Donte, Donte has a lot of coach meat in him, imho. But thank god you weren’t talking about JD Williams hahaha.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    I agree with you, but I think he has a bit more ability to develop talent than Meat ever did.

I'd be interested to hear who you and DDY would want for the other replacements. Caveat, I only finished the first half hour of the Pod, so maybe you already did.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

We all at least agree that UW needs to get better?

I blame all this on Brownsox.

The misses this year is small ... understanding the misses is important ... course correction matters
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

dnc said:

Oh and Pete will be competing for the playoff more than once or twice the next decade.

What makes you think that? He pissed this season away. I mean, what a waste. Have a FG kicker who can put away a 30 yard kick. Down right pathetic.

Pete had a mixture of Sark recruits he probably would have never gotten to come to Washington and was able to sneak into the playoffs last year. Like DDY said, Pete is the one who needs to get out of his comfort zone and change his philosophy. Don James did it in 1988 so I guess Pete could?

If this staff doesn't kill it instate between 2019-2021 then he isn't sniffing another playoff. If Pete continues to recruit the Haener's & the Harris' of the world then the program is fucked. We all know there is no way Yankoff and Sirmon are both here all four years. One will win the job and the other will bail. So the one who sticks better pan out and you better have another QB on deck to push the starter. Like the TSIO guys are saying, Jake has not had to look over his shoulder.

The point I was making about recruiting in the South, is you better have strong fucking inroads to spend valuable time there.

Ya, next year the secondary should be solid, but if you are sieve in the trenches then it makes everyone's job a lot harder. If Gaines leaves the depth will be beyond razor thin. Who do you have behind Jaylen & Levi? McCoy & Pulu?
    Calm down little Jimmy. I know you absorb whatever you are hearing like a sponge without any critical thought but let’s think about this for a second.

Yes, our recruiting potential is higher than our recruiting reality.

No, we didn’t go to the playoff on the backs of Sark recruits in year 3.

No, our talent levels are not dropping. Every class has been a little bit better.

No, we aren’t going to be perennially 8-4 to 10-2. Coker and DDY are talking about what is needed to get us to the elite level not the top of our shit conference.
    What's the issue troll? I enjoy the pod!
    No issue I just felt like I needed to come with some fire.

I could have just said you were overreacting.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I would - in an instant - do the following:

QB/OC - Bush

RB - can stay for now

WR - Lubick doing good

TE - Paopao needs to go. Why? Because recruiting TEs isn’t a thing and coaching TEs should be a GAs job unless you have the best TE coach in the world. Once Devin Asiasi went to Michigan, we knew all we needed to. He can’t recruit any better than anyone else.

OL - Huff safe for now.

DL - Malloe gone if Togiai goes elsewhere. In sales, if you have a relationship and a great product - you have no excuses to not deliver.

OLB - immediately hire Gerald Alexander to coach and recruit OLBs. He’ll learn from the best and expand his repertoire. He’s great and will get Smalls and then provide immediate relief if Lake goes.

LB - Gregory gone instantly. Four years, one surprisingly good recruit. We are whiffing on all our top guys this year. He’s had long enough and he can’t do it. Hire Peter Sirmon.

The end.

QB/OC - Hamdan
    RB - Bonerpop (Choate would be my backup here).
    WR - Lubick
    TE - No one
    OL - Huff
    DL - Malloe until...
    OLB - Alexander
    LB - Sirmon (Kane Ioane is a guy I’d add)
    DB - Lake

Maybe Junior Adams would be a good add as well.

Lubick has recruited very well. The WR’s suck tho.
    Our starters are fucking awful. How could they be good?

He's proven he gets WRs to play at a high level. From where he's recruiting (Yankoff, Culp, etc.) he deserves a long rope. Our talent is absolutely shit.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The 2-2-2-5 is getting exploited again. Can’t control the line of scrimmage...again
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I would - in an instant - do the following:

QB/OC - Bush

RB - can stay for now

WR - Lubick doing good

TE - Paopao needs to go. Why? Because recruiting TEs isn’t a thing and coaching TEs should be a GAs job unless you have the best TE coach in the world. Once Devin Asiasi went to Michigan, we knew all we needed to. He can’t recruit any better than anyone else.

OL - Huff safe for now.

DL - Malloe gone if Togiai goes elsewhere. In sales, if you have a relationship and a great product - you have no excuses to not deliver.

OLB - immediately hire Gerald Alexander to coach and recruit OLBs. He’ll learn from the best and expand his repertoire. He’s great and will get Smalls and then provide immediate relief if Lake goes.

LB - Gregory gone instantly. Four years, one surprisingly good recruit. We are whiffing on all our top guys this year. He’s had long enough and he can’t do it. Hire Peter Sirmon.

The end.

QB/OC - Hamdan
    RB - Bonerpop (Choate would be my backup here).
    WR - Lubick
    TE - No one
    OL - Huff
    DL - Malloe until...
    OLB - Alexander
    LB - Sirmon (Kane Ioane is a guy I’d add)
    DB - Lake

Maybe Junior Adams would be a good add as well.

Dennis hates poly coaches
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    BallzDeep said:

Why so much love for Hamdan over Helfrich at OC? Helfrich has a way better resume. I don't want some young, inexperienced up and comer at OC. We just tried that with Smith. I want a grown man who for sure knows what he's doing and is already proven as an OC.

This poasting. This one right hear.