Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW and USC dominated SI's list of Top 100 players

Comments

• Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No Wishnowsky = shit list
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited June 2017
    They only had 10 offensive lineman total on that list. I'm not super familiar with the landscape offensive lineman nationally but to say that Trey is not one of the 10 best offensive lineman in the country doesn't shock me. I assume he's top 20... top 10 seems like a stretch.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

They only had 10 offensive lineman total on that list. I'm not super familiar with the landscape offensive lineman nationally but to say that Trey is not one of the 10 best offensive lineman in the country doesn't shock me. I assume he's top 20... top 10 seems like a stretch.

dude there are probably 1 or 2 tackles in college football better than Trey
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Was shocked to actually see Rapp on this list. I guess some people actually do remember more from the P12 Championship than just Jake playing like shit.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He's definitely top ten as far as a pro prospect. He's getting late first round buzz as probably the 4th or 5th OL taken right now.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't really care about the list, but Victor is marginally better than Bierria. Same goes for Vea and Gaines. The Coug OL being #18 is a joke.

I know these lists are done for fun, but they are really fucking stupid.

I think we can all agree that lists are gayer than Christmas, but I enjoy reading them none the less to pass the time.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Was shocked to actually see Rapp on this list. I guess some people actually do remember more from the P12 Championship than just Jake playing like shit.

Yeah I think it's a little early for him to be there, especially that high, but I won't be the least bit surprised if he belongs at that spot by the end of the year. He's a player.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2017
    dnc said:

Yeah I think it's a little early for him to be there, especially that high, but I won't be the least bit surprised if he belongs at that spot by the end of the year. He's a player.
    His last 3 games he was fucking amazing
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

He's AT WORST a high 2nd round draft pick as early as next year ... he's more likely a Top 15 pick
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited June 2017

According the article there are at least 7 better tackles.

Did I miss Trey Adams being dominant last year? He was the best player on an average line, not one of the top 3 tackles in college football. Given he was a true sophomore last year there is reason to expect improvement but to declare him one of the 3 best tackles in the nation is premature to say the least.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did I miss Trey Adams being dominant last year? He was the best player on an average line, not one of the top 3 tackles in college football. Given he was a true sophomore last year there is reason to expect improvement but to declare him one of the 3 best tackles in the nation is premature to say the least.

The line was well above average. Adams did have a stretch late last year where I saw him get beat a few times, and you could be right about him not being a top 3 tackle, but he's certainly a top 100 player. He made the All PAC 12 team. He's also a likely high draft pick.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ToddTurnerLIVEs STOp